Perinorm 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Perinorm 10 MG Description
Perinorm tablet is manufactured by Ipca laboratories. It is an anti-emetic medicine used to prevent and control nausea and vomiting which may occur after chemotherapy or radiotherapy. Metoclopramide is the active ingredient in this medication. It works by inhibiting dopamine, a natural substance in the body that causes nausea and vomiting.
Nausea and vomiting may be caused due to certain underlying conditions or as a side effect of certain medicines. This medicine speeds up stomach emptying and movement of the intestine, which helps to control and prevent nausea and vomiting.
Reglan 10mg tablets also include metoclopramide. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Perinorm tablets should preferably be taken on an empty stomach. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not take more than the recommended dose. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to any of its components.
Before taking Perinorm tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your complete medical history. Also, inform about all the medicines and supplements you take.
Uses of Perinorm 10 MG
- Perinorm tablet is used for the treatment of nausea, vomiting and for restoring normal coordination and tone of the digestive tract.
- It is also used to relieve the symptoms of heartburn, dyspepsia, nausea and vomiting associated with certain digestive system disorders.
Contraindications of Perinorm 10 MG
- If you are allergic to metoclopramide or any other ingredients of Perinorm tablet.
- If you have bleeding, obstruction or tear in any part of your digestive tract.
- If you have a rare tumour, called pheochromocytoma (releases too much of epinephrine and norepinephrine).
- If you ever had a muscle spasm or muscle problem after taking any medicine.
- If you experience fits, seizures or have Parkinson's disease (a brain-related disorder that leads to poor coordination, shakiness and stiffness).
- If you are taking a medicine containing Levodopa, used for the treatment of Parkinson's disease.
- If you are taking medicines such as Ropinirole or Pramipexole (used for the treatment of restless legs syndrome).
- If you ever had a condition of abnormal blood pigment levels or NADH cytochrome-b5 deficiency.
- Perinorm tablet is not meant to be used in children less than one year of age.
Side effects of Perinorm 10 MG
- Stomach pain
- Feeling low
Precautions and Warnings of Perinorm 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have heart problems like abnormal heartbeats.
- You have problems with your kidney or liver.
- You have a salt imbalance in your body like potassium, sodium and magnesium.
- You have any brain-related problems.
- You are using other medicines known to affect the way your heart beats.
- You ever had a condition of abnormal blood pigment levels. Your doctor may monitor your blood regularly.
- Perinorm tablets should not be given to babies less than one-year-old.
Directions for Use of Perinorm 10 MG
- Perinorm tablets should be taken as instructed by your doctor as a whole with a glass of water.
- For it to work optimally, it should be preferably taken on an empty stomach.
Storage and disposal of Perinorm 10 MG
- Store Perinorm tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
Quick Tips of Perinorm 10 MG
- Perinorm tablet is an anti-emetic medicine. It is used to prevent and control nausea and vomiting. It is also used to improve stomach emptying in certain digestive tract disorders.
- It could make you feel lightheaded and sleepy. Until you are aware of how it affects you, avoid driving or engaging in any activity that needs mental focus.
- It is best to take a Perinorm tablet on an empty stomach. With a glass of water, swallow it whole. Never take more than the prescribed amount.
- If you are pregnant, intend to become pregnant, are nursing a baby or have any other medical conditions, let your doctor know before using the Perinorm tablet. Inform them of everything you take, including supplements and medications....
- Due to its absorption into human milk, Perinorm tablets should not be used while nursing, before using this medication while nursing, speak with your doctor.
Dosage of Perinorm 10 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose of this medicine includes lack of coordination, drowsiness, loss of consciousness, etc.
- If you have taken too much of this medicine, inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as possible.
- If it is already time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the normal dosing schedule.
- Do not take two doses together to compensate for the missed one.
Mode of Action of Perinorm 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Perinorm 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should not concomitantly use Perinorm tablets along with medicine to treat Parkinson's disease like levodopa, a medicine used to treat stomach cramps like atropine and dicyclomine, as it may be harmful....
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with medicines like morphine or alprazolam, diazepam used to treat severe pain.
- Concomitant use, along with medicines like fluoxetine and paroxetine to treat mental illness, may increase the effects of this medicine.
- Other medicines like digoxin used to treat heart disease, cyclosporine used to treat certain immune system problems, and mivacurium and suxamethonium used to relax muscles should be used cautiously while on treatment with Perinorm tablets....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When to take Perinorm tablet?
Q: Is Perinorm tablet useful for paediatric patients?
Q: What should I tell my healthcare practitioner before starting Perinorm tablet?
Q: What is Perinorm tablet used for?
Q: Can we take Perinorm after meals?
Q: Does Perinorm cause constipation?
Q: Is Perinorm taken on an empty stomach?
Q: Is Perinorm safe for lactating mothers?
Q: What is the composition of Perinorm?
Q: What are the side effects of Perinorm?
Q: Does Perinorm help with morning sickness?
Q: What is the action of Perinorm?
- Reglan (Metoclopramide) tablets, for oral use, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 18 August 2022]
- Maxolon Tablets 10mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 August 2022]
- Metoclopramide Hcl: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2022 [cited 18 August 2022]
- Drugs H. Metoclopramide: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 18 August 2022]
- LactMed - Metoclopramide [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 18 August 2022]
- Metoclopramide 10mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 August 2022]