Parkure 2mg Tablets
Parkure 2mg Tablets Description
Parkure 2mg Tab is a muscle-relaxing medicine. It contains Trihexyphenidyl (also called Benzhexol hydrochloride) as its active ingredient. It is used to treat Parkinson’s disease. It improves muscle
movement and also reduces muscle stiffness in patients suffering from Parkinson’s disease. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. This medicine should be taken at mealtimes. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Parkure 2mg Tablets
Contraindications of Parkure 2mg Tablets
Side effects of Parkure 2mg Tablets
- A dry mouth
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Parkure 2mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have glaucoma.
- You suffer from prostate problems.
- You have high blood pressure.
- You are suffering from any heart, liver or kidney problems.
- You have difficulty passing urine.
- You have a condition that causes muscle weakness.
- You have stomach ulcers or any other digestive problems.
- You are above 60 years of age.
- Parkure 2mg Tab is not recommended for use in children and adolescents.
Mode of Action of Parkure 2mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Parkure 2mg Tablets
- Parkure 2mg Tab should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken just before or after having your meal.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Parkure 2mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Parkure 2mg Tab works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking painkillers, anti-allergic medicines, medicines used to treat your heart conditions, mental health and other medicines like amantadine used to treat Parkinson’s disease.
- Other medicines like levodopa, metoclopramide and domperidone should be used with caution along with Parkure 2mg Tab .
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Parkure 2mg Tablets
- Store Parkure 2mg Tab in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Parkure 2mg Tablets
- An excess of Parkure 2mg Tab will lead to coma, respiratory failure and death.
- Symptoms of an overdose are dry skin or mouth, redness, nausea, vomiting, restlessness, confusion, hallucinations, high blood pressure or heart rate, rapid breathing and occasionally fits.
- Seek medical attention in case you experience any of the symptoms or have consumed too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Parkure 2mg Tab ?
Q: How many Parkure 2mg Tab can I take in a day?
Q: Can I stop taking Parkure 2mg Tab on my own?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Parkure 2mg Tab ?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Parkure 2mg Tab may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....