Paclitec 260mg Injection
By UNITED BIOTECH (P) LTD
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Paclitec 260 MG Description
Paclitec Injection is an anti-cancer medication containing paclitaxel as its main component. It is used in the treatment of ovarian cancer, lung cancer (non-small cell lung cancer) and breast cancer.
This medicine will be given to you in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse. You should avoid self-injecting.
|You Save||₹787.81 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Lung cancer, breast cancer, ovarian cancer|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, hair loss|
Check more medicines with composition as Paclitaxel(260.0 Mg)
Uses of Paclitec 260 MG
For the treatment of ovarian cancer, lung cancer (non-small cell lung cancer), breast cancer
Contraindications of Paclitec 260 MG
If you are allergic to paclitaxel or any other ingredients of Paclitec Injection If you have a low white blood cell (WBC) count, if you are not sure, ask the doctor. If you are a breastfeeding woman....
Side effects of Paclitec 260 MG
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation
- Fatigue, loss of appetite, weakness
- Headache, dizziness, chills, fever, cough
- Pain in joints & muscles
- Skin rash, hair loss
- Sleep problems, weight loss
- Low blood platelets, anaemia, low WBCs
Precautions and Warnings of Paclitec 260 MG
Can I take Paclitec Injection during pregnancy?
- Paclitec Injection should not be used during pregnancy & in women not using effective contraception, unless your doctor considers it absolutely essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
- Use effective contraception during treatment & for about 6 months after stopping the treatment.
Can I take Paclitec Injection while breastfeeding?
Breastfeeding must be discontinued while on treatment with Paclitec Injection.
Can I drive if I have taken Paclitec Injection?
This medicine may make you feel dizzy, and caution is needed while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Paclitec Injection?
Avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had or still have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys
- You notice any abnormal bruising or bleeding or develop any signs of infection while on treatment
- You experience muscle weakness, numbness, pricking sensation, tingling, have difficulty in breathing, dry cough
- This medicine is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years of age
Mode of Action of Paclitec 260 MG
How Does It Work?
Paclitaxel works by interrupting the multiplication of cancer cells that results in cells being inactive and this leads to the death of the cancerous cells.
Directions for Use of Paclitec 260 MG
Paclitec Injection will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject.
Interactions of Paclitec 260 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Paclitec Injection works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking medicine to treat infections, psychiatric illnesses, fits, stomach ulcers, blood cholesterol levels, HIV infection or are taking blood thinning medications.
Storage and disposal of Paclitec 260 MG
- Store Paclitec Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Paclitec 260 MG
This injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose on this medicine. If you experience any symptoms right after taking this injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
The doctor or nurse usually gives this injection in the hospital or clinic. Therefore, the chances of missing a dose are less. However, if you feel that a dose has been missed, please inform your doctor and nurse....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Paclitec Injection?
A: Paclitec Injection contains paclitaxel as its active ingredient.
Q: What is the use of Paclitec Injection?
A: Paclitec Injection is used for the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), breast cancer, ovarian cancer
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 14 June 2022]
- Abraxane 5 mg/ml powder for dispersion for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 14 June 2022]
- Abraxane 5 mg/ml powder for dispersion for infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 14 June 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed