Omnibact 1gm Injection
By GENETICA PHARMA PVT LTD
1 Injection(s) in Dry Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Omnibact 1gm Injection Description
Omnibact 1gm Inj contains a combination of two antibiotics sulbactam sodium and cefoperazone sodium as an active ingredient. It belongs to a class of penicillin and cephalosporin antibiotics respecti
|You Save||₹27.90 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Cefoperazone(500.0 Mg) + Sulbactam(500.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefoperazone(500.0 Mg) + Sulbactam(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Omnibact 1gm Injection
- Treatment of severe and serious bacterial infections such as respiratory tract infection, urinary tract infection, skin and soft tissue infection, joint and bone infection, uterus and ovaries.
Contraindications of Omnibact 1gm Injection
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other antibiotics of Penicillin and Cephalosporin class or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
Side effects of Omnibact 1gm Injection
- Loose stools
- Allergic reactions
- Pain and tenderness at injection site
- Rashes with redness of skin (maculopapular rash)
- Pale red bumps and swelling in skin (urticaria)
- Abnormal blood cell count.
Precautions and Warnings of Omnibact 1gm Injection
Can I take Omnibact 1gm Inj during pregnancy?
- No information is available about the safety of this medicine during pregnancy
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Omnibact 1gm Inj while breastfeeding?
The components of this medicine passes into breast milk, inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding, your doctor will tell you on the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I drive if I have consumed Omnibact 1gm Inj?
It is highly unlikely that this medicine will affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Omnibact 1gm Inj?
- It is strictly advisable not to consume alcohol when you have taken this injection as it can cause reactions like flushing, sweating, headache or fast heart beats
- Do not consume alcohol for at least five days after the last dose of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of severe allergic reaction to antibiotics
- You have disease related to liver and kidney
- You are taking blood-thinning medicines
- You are suffering from diarrhoea when on treatment or even after discontinuing treatment
- You notice abnormal bleeding.
Mode of Action of Omnibact 1gm Injection
How Does It Work?
Omnibact 1gm Inj acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections. However, bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases), which can destroy cefoperazone. Sulbactam inactivates this enzyme and hence helps cefoperazone to function optimally....
Directions for Use of Omnibact 1gm Injection
This medicine will be given in a hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self inject this medicine.
Interactions of Omnibact 1gm Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other drugs. However, as this medicine contains sulbactam & cefoperazone, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination...
- Medicines or solutions containing ethanol can cause flushing, sweating, headache and increased heartbeat
- If you are taking an antibiotic that belongs to aminoglycoside class, it is advisable to monitor kidney functions regularly
- Medicine used for the treatment of gout (probenecid).
Storage and disposal of Omnibact 1gm Injection
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Protect it from light
- Keep it out of the reach of children
- Any unused portion should not be stored and should be discarded properly.
Dosage of Omnibact 1gm Injection
- Your doctor or nurse will give this injection. Therefore it is less likely you shall receive more of this medicine
- However, if you experience loose motions, nausea, vomiting, headache, fits, skin rashes and allergy immediately after taking this injection, inform your doctor as soon as possible.
Missed a Dose
- You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when the injection should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am an alcoholic. Can I take this medicine along with alcohol?
A: No, you cannot consume alcohol if you have taken this medicine. It is advisable not to drink alcohol after taking this medicine at least for a week as it can cause side effects like sweating, flushing, headache or fast heartbeat.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.