Olisat 60mg Capsule
By BIOCON LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Olisat 60 MG Description
Olisat Capsule contains orlistat as its active medicine. It is used for the management of obesity. Olisat Capsule helps lose weight when low-calorie, low-fat diet and exercise programs are performed
along with this medicine. While on this medicine avoid fat containing food. It should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding, have absorption disorder or any other medical conditions.
|Uses||Management of obesity|
|Side effects||Flu, headache, hypoglycemia, abdominal pain, flatulence|
Check more medicines with composition as Orlistat(60.0 Mg)
3 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Olisat 60mg Capsule
- Slim Trim Active 60mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy German Remedies Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 302.50₹ 257.126.41% CHEAPER₹ 25.71/Capsule
- Megaburn 60mg CapsuleBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 275.00₹ 233.7514.89% CHEAPER₹ 23.38/Capsule
- Orlean 60mg CapsuleBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 322.10₹ 273.780.33% CHEAPER₹ 27.38/Capsule
Uses of Olisat 60 MG
Olisat Capsule is used for management of obesity. It helps to lose weight along with an individualized low-calorie, low-fat diet and exercise in people with high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol or heart disease....
Contraindications of Olisat 60 MG
- If you are allergic to orlistat or any other component of Olisat Capsule
- If you have severe malabsorption disorder, a condition in which your body isn’t able to take in many of the nutrients from the food you eat.
- If you have or had a liver disease.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother.
Side effects of Olisat 60 MG
- Decreased blood sugar level than normal
- Upper respiratory infection
- Abdominal pain/discomfort
- Liquid stools
Precautions and Warnings of Olisat 60 MG
Can I take Olisat Capsule during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of Olisat Capsule on human pregnancy. It can be taken in pregnancy if prescribed by your doctor. Consult your doctor before taking any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Olisat Capsule while breastfeeding?
No, Olisat Capsule should not be used while breastfeeding as it is not known whether it passes into the breastmilk. Inform your doctor if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Olisat Capsule?
Olisat Capsule do not have any effect on the ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Olisat Capsule?
Olisat Capsule does not interact with alcohol. However, alcohol is high in calories. Consequently, drinking alcohol while taking Olisat Capsule might hinder your weight loss journey. Talk to your doctor or dietician if you have a habit of consuming it on a regular basis.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are a Type 2 diabetic or thyroid patient.
- You have kidney disease.
- You are on any medication to treat fits.
- You are not planning pregnancy.
- You are on any other medication or supplements.
- Olisat Capsule is not recommended for children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Olisat 60 MG
How Does It Work?
Olisat Capsule works by inhibiting the chemical substance in the stomach and intestine called lipases, this chemical substance breaks down triglycerides (a component of cholesterol) in the intestine. It prevents some of the fat in foods eaten from being absorbed in the intestines. This unabsorbed fat is then removed from the body in the stool....
Directions for Use of Olisat 60 MG
- Olisat Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water immediately before, during or up to one hour after the main meal.
- If a meal is missed or contains no fat, the dose of orlistat should be omitted. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Olisat 60 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Olisat Capsule can decrease the effect of medicines used to modify immune response such as ciclosporin when used concomitantly.
- Medicine used in the treatment of diabetes such as Acarbose should not be given concomitantly with Olisat Capsule
- Olisat Capsule increases the effect of medicines used to thin the blood such as warfarin or any other anticoagulants and can lead to increased risk of bleeding.
- The absorption of fat soluble vitamin (A,D,K,E) is impaired when used along with Olisat Capsule.
- Effect of amiodarone (used to treat irregular heart beat) is decreased when used concomitantly with Olisat Capsule.
- Medicines used to treat fits such as valproate, lamotrigine effect is altered when taken along with Olisat Capsule.
- Medicine used to treat Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) such as Lamivudine and medicine use to treat mood instability like citalopram, olanzapine, benzodiazepine should be given with Olisat Capsule.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Olisat 60 MG
- Store at temperature not exceeding 25°C.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Olisat 60 MG
If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Olisat Capsule, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Olisat Capsule make me constipated?
A: No, Olisat Capsule does not make you constipated. Instead, you may experience loose or soft stool.
Q: How long should I take Olisat Capsule?
A: Olisat Capsule should be taken for the duration prescribed by your doctor. If you are unable to lose at least 5% of the body weight reduction after 12 weeks after starting your treatment. Talk to your doctor for the same.
- Beacita 120mg Capsules, hard - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 June 2022]
- Beacita 120mg Capsules, hard - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 June 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed