Nglong 6.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By NOVARTIS INDIA LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nglong Tablet is used to prevent chest pain caused by angina pectoris, spasms in the blood vessels of the heart mainly due to blockages in the heart vessels. It contains glyceryl trinitrate or nitroglycerin as its active component. It acts as a vasodilator that helps in dilating and relaxing the blood vessels of the heart, thus reducing the pressure on the heart by making it easier to pump blood. You should take this medicine as advised by your doctor. You should never stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor, as it may increase the risk of heart-related complications. Inform your doctor about all the known medical conditions and medication history....
|You Save||₹5.76 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Nitroglycerin / Glyceryl Trinitrate(6.5 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, drowsiness, low blood pressure, increase in heart rate|
Check more medicines with composition as Nitroglycerin / Glyceryl Trinitrate(6.5 Mg)
Uses of Nglong 6.5 MG
Nglong Tablet is used to treat chest pain (angina pectoris) mainly due to heart blockage.
Contraindications of Nglong 6.5 MG
- If you are allergic to glyceryl trinitrate, nitroglycerin or any of the components present in the Nglong Tablet.
- If you are suffering from anaemia.
- If you recently had head trauma or brain haemorrhage resulting in increase pressure within the brain.
- If you have increased pressure in the eye (Glaucoma).
- If you are taking sildenafil, tadalafil or vardenafil that are used for the treatment of erection problems.
- If you are suffering from any heart disease.
Side effects of Nglong 6.5 MG
- Increased heart rate
Precautions and Warnings of Nglong 6.5 MG
Can I take Nglong Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Nglong Tablet during pregnancy. You should not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor after assessing the need and benefit. Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
Can I take Nglong Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of Nglong Tablet on breastfed baby and breast milk. You should not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor after assessing the need and benefit. Talk to your doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nglong Tablet?
Avoid driving while you are on this medicine as you may experience dizziness while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Nglong Tablet?
You are advised not to drink alcohol while you are on this Tablet as you may experience severe side effects such as dizziness, headache, drowsiness, etc.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver, heart or kidney problems.
- You have a low body temperature (hypothermia).
- You have poor nutrition due to an unbalanced diet or digestion problems (malnutrition).
- You are suffering from abnormally low levels of oxygen in the blood.
- You have or had any condition affecting the blood supply to the brain.
- You are suffering from very low blood pressure, low blood volume or conditions that lower blood volume in the heart or any other heart disorder.
Mode of Action of Nglong 6.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Nglong Tablet is a vasodilator medicine. It is a nitrate that acts by releasing the nitric oxide relaxing the blood vessels. Thus, reducing the oxygen demand of the heart thereby preventing angina attack (chest pain)....
Directions for Use of Nglong 6.5 MG
- Nglong Tablets should be consumed as prescribed by your doctor.
- You should swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not chew the Tablet.
- You can take this medicine with or without food, but preferably at the same time every day.
Interactions of Nglong 6.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Nglong Tablet works or Nglong Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, erection problems, other vasodilators, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....
Storage and disposal of Nglong 6.5 MG
- Do not store it above 25°C. Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the packet.
Dosage of Nglong 6.5 MG
Symptoms of an overdose of Nglong Tablets may be decreased blood pressure, reduced blood flow to the heart, headache, confusion, nausea, vomiting, increased pressure within the brain, etc. If you think you had too much of this medicine, reach out to the doctor immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop using Nglong Tablet if I feel better after taking this medicine?
A: No, you should never stop taking Nglong Tablet. Abrupt stopping of this medicine may result in angina attack (sudden chest pain) and other conditions resulting in heart attack and difficulty in breathing. Your doctor will gradually reduce the dose of the medicine before stopping the medicine completely. Talk to your doctor for more advice.
Q: Is Nglong Tablet taken sublingually?
A: No, you should not place this medicine under the tongue or hold it on the mouth until it dissolves. You should swallow the Tablet with a glass of water. Do not chew the medicine.
Q: What is the use of Nglong?
A: Nglong Tablet is used for the treatment of chest pain (angina pectoris) mainly due to heart blockage.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.