Nexpro Junior Sach 1gm
Nexpro Junior 10 MG Description
Nexpro Junior sachet contains a medicine known as Esomeprazole. It is used for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) to improve the symptoms like heartburn, lower chest pain, return
of the stomach contents into the mouth, vomiting and poor weight gain. It is also useful in the treatment of stomach and intestinal ulcers. It blocks the acid-producing pumps of the stomach cells. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to it or taking other medicines like Nelfinavir (to treat HIV infection). This medicine is available in granules form in the sachet. Take it in the exact dose as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use reconstituted solution after 30 minutes. Inform your doctor if you get allergic reactions or if the symptoms don’t improve after using it.
|You Save||₹3.39 (15% on MRP)|
Uses of Nexpro Junior 10 MG
- For the treatment of a condition known as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), in which there is reflux of acid from the stomach into the food pipe in children over 1 year of age.
- For the treatment of the stomach and intestinal ulcers, especially infected with ‘Helicobacter pylori’ bacteria in children above 4 years of age.
Contraindications of Nexpro Junior 10 MG
- If your child is allergic to any of the contents of the Nexpro Junior sachet.
- If your child is allergic to similar medicines (any other proton pump inhibitor).
- If your child is taking other medicines like Nelfinavir (for HIV infection).
Side effects of Nexpro Junior 10 MG
- Stomach pain
- Constipation, gas
Precautions and Warnings of Nexpro Junior 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- Your child has severe liver or kidney problems.
- Your child has a history of an allergy or skin reaction to any other anti-acidity medicine.
- Your child has osteoporosis (loss of bone mass) (if you take this medicine for more than a year, it may increase the chances of fracture of the hip, wrist and spine).
- Your child is taking medicines like steroids (it increases the risk of osteoporosis).
- Your child gets a skin rash, especially in areas exposed to the sun.
- Nexpro Junior sachet may hide the symptoms of other diseases so if you experience symptoms like weight loss without any reason, stomach pain and indigestion, repeated vomiting, swallowing problems, blood in vomit or passing black stool, talk to your doctor immediately....
- Contact your doctor if the symptoms don’t improve or change the character.
Mode of Action of Nexpro Junior 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Nexpro Junior 10 MG
- Take Nexpro Junior sachet in the exact dose prescribed by your doctor.
- This medicine comes in the form of granules. Your doctor will advise you on the number of sachets to be taken per day and the duration.
- Empty the content of the sachet into the glass of water.
- Don’t use carbonated water.
- Stir and dissolve properly.
- Do not leave the mixture for more than 30 minutes.
- The granules must not be chewed or crushed.
- If anything remains in the glass, add some water, stir and drink immediately.
- If the patient is on a feeding tube, your doctor or nurse can give you this medicine through the tube.
Interactions of Nexpro Junior 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Nexpro Junior and Nelfinavir, Atazanavir (used for HIV infection) can reduce the effect of the Nelfinavir, Atazanavir. Hence the combination should be avoided.
- The effect of medicines such as Clopidogrel (used to prevent blood clotting) and Cilostazol (used to treat intermittent claudication – pain in your legs when you walk which is caused by a decreased blood supply) is altered when used together with this medicine....
- The side effects associated with medicines such as Digoxin (used for heart problems), Methotrexate (a chemotherapy medicine used in high doses to treat cancer) Tacrolimus (used in organ transplantation patients) increase when used together with Nexpro Junior....
- The effects of medicines such as ketoconazole, itraconazole or voriconazole (used to treat fungal infections), Erlotinib (used to treat cancer) and Diazepam (used to treat anxiety or to relax muscles) tends to reduce when used with this medicine....
- The effect of medicines such as Citalopram, imipramine or clomipramine (used to treat mental illness), Phenytoin (used in epilepsy or fits), Warfarin or coumarin (blood-thinning medicines), Cisapride (used for indigestion and heartburn)....
- Rifampicin (used for the treatment of tuberculosis), St. John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum) (used to treat mental illness) is altered when used with this medicine.
- Tell your doctor about any of the other medicines you are taking which includes medicines without prescription and herbal medicines as well, as these medicines may alter the effectiveness of Nexpro Junior or increase the chances of side effects....
Storage and disposal of Nexpro Junior 10 MG
- Store Nexpro Junior sachet below 30°C in the original packaging.
- Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.