Nexpro Junior Sach 1gm
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
1g Oral Powder in Sachet
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nexpro Junior sachet contains a medicine known as Esomeprazole. It is used for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) to improve the symptoms like heartburn, lower chest pain, return
of the stomach contents into the mouth, vomiting and poor weight gain. It is also useful in the treatment of stomach and intestinal ulcers. It blocks the acid-producing pumps of the stomach cells. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to it or taking other medicines like Nelfinavir (to treat HIV infection). This medicine is available in granules form in the sachet. Take it in the exact dose as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use reconstituted solution after 30 minutes. Inform your doctor if you get allergic reactions or if the symptoms don’t improve after using it....
Uses of Nexpro Junior Sach 1gm
- For the treatment of a condition known as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), in which there is reflux of acid from the stomach into the food pipe in children over 1 year of age.
- For the treatment of the stomach and intestinal ulcers, especially infected with ‘Helicobacter pylori’ bacteria in children above 4 years of age.
Contraindications of Nexpro Junior Sach 1gm
- If your child is allergic to any of the contents of the Nexpro Junior sachet.
- If your child is allergic to similar medicines (any other proton pump inhibitor).
- If your child is taking other medicines like Nelfinavir (for HIV infection).
Side effects of Nexpro Junior Sach 1gm
- Stomach pain
- Constipation, gas
Precautions and Warnings of Nexpro Junior Sach 1gm
Can I take the Nexpro Junior sachet during pregnancy?
Nexpro Junior sachet is specifically used for children. Hence, its usage during pregnancy is irrelevant.
Can I take the Nexpro Junior sachet while breastfeeding?
Nexpro Junior sachet is specifically used for children. Hence, its usage in breastfeeding mothers is irrelevant.
Can I drive if I have taken the Nexpro Junior sachet?
Nexpro Junior sachet is specifically given to children, usually, this medicine doesn’t affect the alertness of a child. However, if your child feels dizzy or experiences a blurring of vision, prevent the child to indulge in activities that require alertness.
Can I consume alcohol with the Nexpro Junior sachet?
This medicine is specifically given to children, so the consumption of alcohol while using it, is irrelevant.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child has severe liver or kidney problems.
- Your child has a history of an allergy or skin reaction to any other anti-acidity medicine.
- Your child has osteoporosis (loss of bone mass) (if you take this medicine for more than a year, it may increase the chances of fracture of the hip, wrist and spine).
- Your child is taking medicines like steroids (it increases the risk of osteoporosis).
- Your child gets a skin rash, especially in areas exposed to the sun.
- Nexpro Junior sachet may hide the symptoms of other diseases so if you experience symptoms like weight loss without any reason, stomach pain and indigestion, repeated vomiting, swallowing problems, blood in vomit or passing black stool, talk to your doctor immediately....Read more
- Contact your doctor if the symptoms don’t improve or change the character.
Mode of Action of Nexpro Junior Sach 1gm
How Does It Work?
In the stomach, there are special cells that produce acid for digestion. When there is an overproduction of this acid, it becomes harmful as it is responsible for producing ulcers in the stomach and i
ntestine. Esomeprazole blocks these small acid-producing pumps in the stomach cells and helps in reducing acidity, and promotes healing of those ulcers....
Directions for Use of Nexpro Junior Sach 1gm
- Take Nexpro Junior sachet in the exact dose prescribed by your doctor.
- This medicine comes in the form of granules. Your doctor will advise you on the number of sachets to be taken per day and the duration.
- Empty the content of the sachet into the glass of water.
- Don’t use carbonated water.
- Stir and dissolve properly.
- Do not leave the mixture for more than 30 minutes.
- The granules must not be chewed or crushed.
- If anything remains in the glass, add some water, stir and drink immediately.
- If the patient is on a feeding tube, your doctor or nurse can give you this medicine through the tube.
Interactions of Nexpro Junior Sach 1gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Nexpro Junior and Nelfinavir, Atazanavir (used for HIV infection) can reduce the effect of the Nelfinavir, Atazanavir. Hence the combination should be avoided.
- The effect of medicines such as Clopidogrel (used to prevent blood clotting) and Cilostazol (used to treat intermittent claudication – pain in your legs when you walk which is caused by a decreased blood supply) is altered when used together with this medicine....Read more
- The side effects associated with medicines such as Digoxin (used for heart problems), Methotrexate (a chemotherapy medicine used in high doses to treat cancer) Tacrolimus (used in organ transplantation patients) increase when used together with Nexpro Junior....Read more
- The effects of medicines such as ketoconazole, itraconazole or voriconazole (used to treat fungal infections), Erlotinib (used to treat cancer) and Diazepam (used to treat anxiety or to relax muscles)tends to reduce when used with this medicine....Read more
- The effect of medicines such as Citalopram, imipramine or clomipramine (used to treat mental illness), Phenytoin (used in epilepsy or fits), Warfarin or coumarin (blood-thinning medicines), Cisapride(used for indigestion and heartburn)....Read more
- Rifampicin (used for the treatment of tuberculosis), St. John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum) (used to treat mental illness) is altered when used with this medicine.
- Tell your doctor about any of the other medicines you are taking which includes medicines without prescription and herbal medicines as well, as these medicines may alter the effectiveness of Nexpro Junior or increase the chances of side effects....Read more
Storage and disposal of Nexpro Junior Sach 1gm
- Store Nexpro Junior sachet below 30°C in the original packaging.
- Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Nexpro Junior Sach 1gm
If you think your child has taken a higher dose or you notice any abnormal symptoms during the treatment, contact your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of Nexpro Junior sachet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to
make up for the forgotten dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of the Nexpro Junior sachet?
A: Nexpro Junior sachet contains a medicine known as Esomeprazole. It is used in children for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), thus improving symptoms like heartburn, lower chest pain, return of the stomach contents into the mouth, vomiting and poor weight gain. It is also useful in the treatment of stomach and intestinal ulcers, especially those infected with H.Pylori bacteria.
Q: How does Nexpro Junior work?
A: Esomeprazole blocks small acid-producing pumps in the stomach cells and helps in reducing acidity, and promotes the healing of ulcers. So, the symptoms related to acidity and heartburn improves gradually.
Q: How to use Nexpro Junior sachet?
A: Nexpro Junior sachet is available in the form of granules. Empty the content of the sachet into the glass of water. Don’t use carbonated water. Stir and dissolve properly. Do not leave the mixture for more than 30 minutes. The granules must not be chewed or crushed. If anything remains in the glass, add some water, stir and drink immediately.
Q: How many sachets should I use per day?
A: According to the child's age and weight, the doctor may decide the dose. Your doctor will advise you on the number of sachets to be taken per day and the duration.
Last Updated on: 29 Apr 2021 | 10:43 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved