New Lecope Ad Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lecope-AD tablet is a combination medicine that is used to treat cough and chest congestion associated with upper respiratory tract infections like bronchitis, emphysema, pharyngitis, and allergic rhinitis. It contains three active ingredients - ambroxol which is a mucolytic, phenylephrine which constricts the blood vessels, and levocetirizine which is an anti-allergic. Collectively they provide relief in fever, cough, nasal congestion, and allergic symptoms of the nose, throat, and airways due to seasonal allergies. This is a prescription medicine and should be used only in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed by a physician. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history and about all the medicines you are currently taking....
|You Save||₹11.54 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Levocetirizine(5.0 Mg),Ambroxol(60.0 Mg),Phenylephrine(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Wet cough, seasonal allergies, allergic rhinitis|
|Side effects||Sleepiness, tiredness, diarrhoea, dizziness, dry mouth|
|Classification||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Check more medicines with composition as Levocetirizine(5.0 Mg) + Ambroxol(60.0 Mg) + Phenylephrine(5.0 Mg)
Uses of New Lecope Ad Strip Of 10 Tablets
Lecope-AD tablet is indicated for the treatment of cough with mucus, nasal or chest congestion, common cold, hay fever, and other symptoms associated with upper respiratory tract infection like bronchitis, allergic rhinitis, pharyngitis, asthma, etc....
Contraindications of New Lecope Ad Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to ambroxol, phenylephrine, levocetirizine, or any other ingredient of Lecope-AD tablet.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have any health conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, enlarged prostate, overactive thyroid, or heart-related disorders.
- If you have ulcers or gastric problems.
- If you are taking medicines for brain-related disorders.
- If you are giving this medicine to children between 6 months to 11 years of age having kidney problems.
Side effects of New Lecope Ad Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of New Lecope Ad Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Lecope-AD tablet during pregnancy?
Lecope-AD tablet is not recommended to be used during pregnancy, especially during the first trimester. Lecope-AD tablet should only be used in pregnant women if it is prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Lecope-AD tablet while breastfeeding?
Lecope-AD tablet should only be used in breastfeeding women if it is recommended by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Lecope-AD tablet?
Lecope-AD tablet can cause drowsiness. If you experience any such effects after taking this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is suggested to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Lecope-AD tablet?
No, alcohol should not be consumed with Lecope-AD tablet as it can make you feel dizzier and also decrease the body's response to infections.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You have stomach or intestinal ulcers.
- You already have respiratory-related problems.
- You are giving this to children, as it requires proper medical advice.
- You are a pregnant or breastfeeding mother.
Mode of Action of New Lecope Ad Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Lecope-AD tablet contains three active ingredients - ambroxol, phenylephrine, and levocetirizine.
- Levocetirizine is an antihistamine that blocks histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
- Phenylephrine is a vasoconstrictor that shrinks or constricts the blood vessels in the nasal passage and helps in relieving congestion.
- Ambroxol is a mucolytic agent that acts by thinning the mucus in the airway passages and making them less sticky. This results in the effective discharge of mucus from the airways.
- The collective action of these components helps in relieving symptoms associated with seasonal allergies and upper respiratory tract infections.
Directions for Use of New Lecope Ad Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Lecope-AD tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not crush or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take the medicine at the same time every day for the desired results.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of New Lecope Ad Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Lecope-AD tablet works or Lecope-AD tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- If you are already taking medicines for brain-related disorders, then you should keep a gap of at least 2 weeks before starting treatment with this medicine.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicine for treating high blood pressure, heart-related problems, bacterial infections, or seizures/fits.
Storage and disposal of New Lecope Ad Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Lecope-AD tablet below 30⁰C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of New Lecope Ad Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Lecope-AD tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take if I have flu symptoms?
- Take the medications as advised by your doctor and adhere to the dosing schedule.
- Eat healthy food and consume sufficient water, it will help in loosening up the mucus.
- Maintain a safe distance from family and friends and cover your mouth with a tissue while sneezing or coughing or wear a mask.
Q: Can I use Lecope-AD tablet for my 8 year old baby?
A: It is strictly advised not to give this medicine to children below 12 years old, without consulting a child health specialist who will also decide the dosage to be given.
Q: What is wet cough or mucus?
A: Wet cough is also called as productive cough. Wet cough is a cough that produce mucus or phlegm. In wet cough, our body produces more cough than usual. The main cause of wet cough is bacterial and viral infection, bronchitis, pneumonia, COPD, asthma, etc.
Q: Can I take my antibiotics and other medicines along with Lecope-AD tablet?
- It is not advisable to take antibiotics with this medicine as it increases the amount of penetration of the antibiotic in lung tissues. Also, you should keep a 2 weeks interval if you are already taking any brain-related medicines. Some medicines can affect the way Lecope-AD tablet works or vice versa. ...
- Consult your doctor for more details.
Q: What is the use of Lecope-AD tablet?
A: Lecope-AD tablet is used for the treatment of cough with mucus, nasal or chest congestion, common cold, hay fever, and other symptoms associated with upper respiratory tract infection like bronchitis, allergic rhinitis, pharyngitis, asthma, etc.
Q: When to take Lecope-AD tablet?
A: Lecope-AD tablet can be taken before or after food. You should swallow this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. Take this medicine at the same time everyday for optimal results. However, you should always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Ambroxol [Internet]. Ambroxol: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | CIMS India. 2022 [cited 11 Apr 2022]
- Phenylephrine: Medlineplus drug information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2022 [cited 11 Apr 2022]
- Ambroxol hydrochloride uses, dosage, side effects [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2022 [cited 11 Apr 2022]
- XYZAL (levocetirizine dihydrochloride) tablets, for oral use [Internet]. sanofi-aventis, U.S. LLC; 2022 [cited 11 Apr 2022]
- PHENYLEPHRINE [Internet]. New Zealand Consumer Medicine Information; 2022 [cited 11 Apr 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 11 Apr 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.