New Lecope Ad Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lecope AD Tablet is a combination medicine that is used to treat cough and chest congestion associated with the upper respiratory tract infections like bronchitis, emphysema, pharyngitis, allergic rhinitis, etc. It contains three active ingredients ambroxol, phenylephrine and levocetirizine that belongs to a different class of medicines that are mucolyte, vasoconstrictor and anti-histamine respectively. Collectively they provide relief in fever, cough, nasal congestion and allergic symptoms of the nose, throat and airways due to seasonal allergies. This is a prescription medicine and should be used only in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed by a physician. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history and about all the medicines you are currently taking.
Uses of New Lecope Ad Strip Of 10 Tablets
Lecope AD Tablet is indicated for the treatment of cough with mucus, nasal or chest congestion, common cold, hay fever and other symptoms associated with upper respiratory tract infection like bronchitis, allergic rhinitis, pharyngitis, asthma, etc.
Contraindications of New Lecope Ad Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you are allergic to this medicine or any other of the ingredients of the Lecope AD Tablet. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding. If you are suffering from any kind of health condition like diabetes, high blood pressure, enlarged prostate, overactive thyroid or heart related disorders. If you have ulcers or gastric problem. If you are already taking medicines for brain-related disorders. If you are giving this to children between 6 months to 11 years of age, having kidney problems. As it is a combination of different components, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these when taken alone should be considered contraindicated for this combination.
Side effects of New Lecope Ad Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dry mouth
- Nose bleeding
- Ear infection
- Allergic reactions like hives, itching swelling or redness
Precautions and Warnings of New Lecope Ad Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take the Lecope AD Tablet during pregnancy?
It is not recommended to be used during pregnancy especially during the first trimester. Take this medicine only if it is prescribed by your doctor
Can I take the Lecope AD Tablet while breastfeeding?
A breastfeeding mother should use this medicine only under a doctor's recommendation. Refrain from self-medication.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Lecope AD Tablet?
It is advised not to drive or operate any machinery after taking this medicine. This medicine can cause drowsiness, thus avoid driving or using machines when you are on treatment with this tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with Lecope AD Tablet?
It is advised to avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with this medicine, alcohol can make you feel dizzier and also decrease the body's response to infections.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You should avoid driving or doing activities requiring mental alertness, as it can impact the brain.
- You have any kind of kidney or liver problem.
- You have stomach or intestinal ulcers.
- You already have respiratory-related problems.
- You are giving this to children, as it requires proper medical advice.
- You are a pregnant or breastfeeding mother.
Mode of Action of New Lecope Ad Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Levocetirizine is an antihistamine that blocks histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
- Phenylephrine is a vasoconstrictor, it shrinks or constricts the blood vessels in the nasal passage and helps in relieving congestion.
- Ambroxol is a mucolytic agent that acts by thinning the mucus in the airway passages, which makes it less sticky, thus resulting in the effective discharge of mucus from the airways.
- The collective action of these components helps in relieving symptoms associated with seasonal allergies and upper respiratory tract infections.
Directions for Use of New Lecope Ad Strip Of 10 Tablets
- It should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not crush or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it at the same time every day, for the desired results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of New Lecope Ad Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- If you are already taking medicines for brain-related disorders, then you should keep a gap of at least 2 weeks before starting the treatment with this medicine.
- As Lecope AD Tablet contains different components, any interaction seen with them when taken alone may happen with this combination. Some medicines can affect the way Lecope AD Tablet works or Lecope AD Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.read less
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction, especially if you are taking antihypertensives, heart-related medicines, antibiotics or any fits treatment.read less
Storage and disposal of New Lecope Ad Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store this medicine below 30⁰C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of New Lecope Ad Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take if I have flu symptoms?
- Take the medications as advised by your doctor and adhere to the dosing schedule.
- Eat healthy food and consume sufficient water, it will help in loosening up the mucus.
- Maintain a safe distance from family and friends and cover your mouth with a tissue while sneezing or coughing or wear a mask.
Q: Can I use it for my 8 years old baby?
A: It is strictly advised not to give this medicine to children below 12 years old, without consulting a child health specialist who will also decide the dosage to be given.
Q: What is wet cough or mucus?
A: Wet cough is also called as productive cough. Wet cough is a cough that produce mucus or phlegm. In wet cough, our body produces more cough than usual. The main cause of wet cough is bacterial and viral infection, bronchitis, pneumonia, COPD, asthma, etc.
Q: Can I take my antibiotics and other medicines along with Lecope AD Tablet?
- It is not advisable to take antibiotics with this medicine as it increases the amount of penetration of the antibiotic in lung tissues. Also, you should keep a 2 weeks interval if you are already taking any brain-related medicines. Some medicines can affect the way Lecope AD Tablet works or vice versa.read less
- Consult your doctor for more details.
|You Save||₹8.74 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Levocetirizine(5.0 Mg),Ambroxol(60.0 Mg),Phenylephrine(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Wet cough, seasonal allergies, allergic rhinitis|
|Side effects||Sleepiness, disrrhoea, dry mouth, tiredness, fever|
Last Updated on: 06 Mar 2021 | 11:34 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved