Movatel 40mg Tablets
By MOVA PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Movatel 40 MG Description
Telmisartan belongs to a class of medicines called Angiotensin II Receptor Antagonists, which are used to treat high blood pressure.
|You Save||₹10.80 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Telmisartan(40.0 Mg)
Uses of Movatel 40 MG
- Treatment of high blood pressure
- To reduce cardiovascular events like heart attack or stroke
Contraindications of Movatel 40 MG
- If you are allergic to Telmisartan or any other ingredients of it
- If you are in second or third trimesters of pregnancy
- If you have blockage of any duct that carries bile from the liver to gallbladder (obstructive biliary disorders) or severe liver disease
- If you have diabetes or severe kidney impairment and you are been treated with aliskiren (medicine used to treat high blood pressure)
Side effects of Movatel 40 MG
- Flu-like symptoms
- Conjunctivitis (Inflammation or infection of the eye also known as pink eye)
- Palpitations (irregular heartbeats)
- Chest pain
- Nausea, vomiting
- Upset stomach
- Dry Mouth
- Joint pain
- Muscle spasm or pain
- Shortness of breath
- Skin disorders like rash
Precautions and Warnings of Movatel 40 MG
Can I take during pregnancy?
- Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or if you are planning to have a baby
- This medicine may cause serious harm to your baby
- If you are on this medication and planning pregnancy, inform the same to your doctor, so that your prescription can be changed
Can I take while breastfeeding?
is not recommended during breastfeeding. It is advised to consult your doctor for alternative treatment that is safe during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed ?
You may experience dizziness or drowsiness that can influence your ability to drive. Hence caution is advised while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with ?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment as it may lower your blood pressure and may lead to side effects like dizziness or drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney disease or have had a kidney transplant or liver disease
- You are known to have narrowing or blockage of the blood vessels of one or both kidneys
- You develop diarrhea, vomiting, this dehydration can result in low blood pressure, have adequate about of water and fluids
- You have any heart disorder
- You are suffering from low blood pressure (hypotension)
- You are suffering from water and salt retention in the body along with imbalance of various blood minerals (raised aldosterone levels)
- You have a high level of potassium in your blood
- You are suffering from diabetes
- You are taking medicines like Ramipril, Lisinopril
Mode of Action of Movatel 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Angiotensin II is a substance produced in the body which causes narrowing of blood vessels. This leads to an increase in blood pressure. prevents the binding of Angiotensin II to its receptors, thus causing the blood vessels to relax and lowers the blood pressure....
Directions for Use of Movatel 40 MG
should be swallowed with water as directed by the physician. It should be taken at the same time every day.
Interactions of Movatel 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicine used for heart disorder like Digoxin
- If you have diabetes and taking Aliskiren, do not take this medicine
- Medicines used to treat depression like Lithium
- Medicines that may increase blood potassium levels like salt containing potassium, potassium-sparing diuretics
- ACE inhibitors and Angiotensin II Receptor Antagonists (medicines used to treat high blood pressure)
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug products (NSAIDs) used as painkillers
- Blood thinners like Warfarin, Heparin
- Immunosuppressives (Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus)
- Medicines used to treat bacterial infections like Trimethoprim
- Medicines known as Diuretics (water pills) used to treat high blood pressure like Furosemide, Hydrochlorothiazide
- Medicines known as Corticosteroids used to treat inflamed area of body parts
Interactions with food items
Telmisartan can be taken with or without food. It is advised to avoid high potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli, potatoes.
Storage and disposal of Movatel 40 MG
- does not require any special storage conditions
- Store it in the original packaging to protect it from sunlight and moisture
- Keep out of sight and reach of children
Dosage of Movatel 40 MG
- Overdose symptoms can include irregular heartbeat, dizziness, low blood pressure, kidney failure and loss of consciousness
- Seek emergency medical help if you experience any of the side effects
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose take it as soon as you remember
- If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take potassium supplements with ?
- No, do not take any supplements containing potassium or potassium salts with this medicine
- Telmisartan is known to increase blood potassium levels
- Periodic tests to determine blood potassium are done when one is taking this medicine
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions I should follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit intake of salt in diet, especially pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided
- Have less amount of potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana
- Limit meat intake
- Instead of having packaged snacks, prefer fresh cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fibre
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.