Monocef O Cv 200mg Tablets
Monocef O Cv 200mg Tablets Description
Monocef-O CV tablet is an antibiotic that is used to treat infection of the urinary tract, lungs, airways, sinus, throat and windpipe. It is a combination medicine containing cefpodoxime and clavulan
ic acid as its active ingredients. It acts by the combined action of its two components. Cefpodoxime inhibits the growth of bacteria by interfering with the cell wall and clavulanic acid helps in maintaining the optimal levels of Cefpodoxime. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Complete the course of antibiotics and do not miss any dose or stop taking this medicine on your own. Before using Monocef-O CV tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|Contains||Cefpodoxime(200.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea|
- Cepocef Cv TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Gx6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 423.00₹ 274.9514.06% CHEAPER₹ 45.83/Tablet
- Safepodox Cv TabletBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 313.15₹ 266.1816.82% CHEAPER₹ 44.36/Tablet
- Clavcep Cv Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 299.00₹ 236.2155.71% CHEAPER₹ 23.62/Tablet
- Pecef Duo 200mg TabletBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 502.75₹ 427.3419.88% CHEAPER₹ 42.73/Tablet
- Polypod Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 340.00₹ 289.0045.81% CHEAPER₹ 28.90/Tablet
- Cepodem Xp 325mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 364.00₹ 309.4041.98% CHEAPER₹ 30.94/Tablet
- Opox Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Genix10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 310.00₹ 263.5050.59% CHEAPER₹ 26.35/Tablet
- Zedocef Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 309.75₹ 263.2950.63% CHEAPER₹ 26.33/Tablet
- Cebest Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Ergos Life Sciences10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 319.00₹ 271.1549.17% CHEAPER₹ 27.11/Tablet
- Swich Cv 325mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 370.00₹ 314.5041.03% CHEAPER₹ 31.45/Tablet
Uses of Monocef O Cv 200mg Tablets
Contraindications of Monocef O Cv 200mg Tablets
- If you have an allergy to this medicine or any of the ingredients of Monocef-O CV tablet.
- If you have an infection that is caused by the bacteria Clostridium difficile.
- If you are allergic to the cephalosporin class of antibiotics.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you are suffering from fits.
Side effects of Monocef O Cv 200mg Tablets
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Monocef O Cv 200mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergic reactions to any antibiotic medicine.
- You are suffering from persistent diarrhoea when on Monocef-O CV tablet or even after discontinuing this medicine.
- You regularly consume alcohol in excess.
Mode of Action of Monocef O Cv 200mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Monocef-O CV tablet works by the combined action of both its components: cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid
- Cefpodoxime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall. However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Cefpodoxime.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Cefpodoxime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Monocef O Cv 200mg Tablets
Interactions of Monocef O Cv 200mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Monocef-O CV tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Medicines used to treat gout-like probenecid as they may alter the way your kidney functions.
- If you are taking other medicines like Cyclosporine, Cisplatin, Indomethacin, inform your doctor as your kidney functions need to be monitored more closely.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Monocef O Cv 200mg Tablets
- Store Monocef-O CV tablet in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it in original packaging to protect it from light.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Monocef O Cv 200mg Tablets
- Symptoms of an overdose include nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
- If you are suffering from kidney problems and you take more of this medicine, brain diseases may occur.
- Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital if you think you have taken too much of Monocef-O CV tablet.
Missed a Dose
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in the failure of therapy.
- If you have missed taking any dose of Monocef-O CV tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long should I take Monocef-O CV tablet?
Q: Can I take Monocef-O CV tablet for flu?
Q: Can we consume alcohol with Monocef-O CV tablet?
- You should avoid consuming alcohol along with this medicine as alcohol and Monocef-O CV tablet have similar side effects.
- The concomitant use can further increase the side effects.
- Alcohol slows down body's functions and can reduce energy levels which can delay the recovery from illness.
- Bros enterprise. TAB.C-POX-CL. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
- Cefoprox CV Tablets / Suspension (Cefpodoxime proxetil + Clavulanate potassium) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
- Doxporin CV Tablets-Anhydrous Cefpodxime [Internet]. Bionova.co.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cefpodoxime/Clavulanic acid [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]