Mitonco 2mg Injection
By VHB LIFE SCIENCES LIMITED
1 Injection(s) in Injection
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mitonco 2 MG Description
Mitonco Injection is an anti-cancer medicine. It is used to treat various kinds of metastatic and advanced cancer (that spreads in the body) such as breast, stomach, lungs or pancreas. Mitonco contai
ns mitomycin as the active ingredient. It acts by killing cancer-causing cells, thereby preventing the spread of infection. This Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse at a hospital or clinic.
|You Save||₹18.15 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, low platelet count, bone marrow suppression|
Check more medicines with composition as Mitomycin(2.0 Mg)
Uses of Mitonco 2 MG
It is used to treat stomach, breast, lung or pancreatic cancer that has spread to other parts of the body.
Contraindications of Mitonco 2 MG
- If you are allergic to mitomycin or any other ingredient of Mitonco Injection.
- If you have decreased blood cell count, such as low platelets, low white blood cells, etc.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you have lung, liver or kidney conditions or are in a poor health state.
Side effects of Mitonco 2 MG
- Bone marrow suppression
- Decreased white blood cells
- Decrease platelets
- Shortness of breath
Precautions and Warnings of Mitonco 2 MG
Can I take Mitonco Injection during pregnancy?
Mitonco Injection may cause harm to the unborn baby if used during pregnancy. Thus, this medicine should not be used during pregnancy unless advised by your doctor.
Can I take Mitonco Injection while breastfeeding?
Cisplatin in Mitonco passes into the breast milk, thus it should not be used by a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Mitonco Injection?
If you experience altered consciousness after taking this Injection, it is advised to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Mitonco Injection?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on Mitonco. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney disease or are on any other medicine that alters kidney function.
- You are on dialysis.
- You are allergic to this medicine or any other undesired side effects.
- You have or had liver or lung disease.
- You have or had bone marrow failure.
- You are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- You have low haemoglobin, low blood count or altered blood function.
- You are elderly.
- You had or have planned live vaccination such as yellow fever.
Mode of Action of Mitonco 2 MG
How Does It Work?
The growth and multiplication of cells take place through DNA, a genetic material. Mitomycin works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of cancer cells by stopping them from making DNA, resulting in cell death....
Directions for Use of Mitonco 2 MG
- Mitonco Injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this Injection.
Interactions of Mitonco 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Mitonco Injection works or Mitonco itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking other cancer medicines or vitamin 6 supplements.
- If you are or have taken any live vaccine recently such as yellow fever.
Storage and disposal of Mitonco 2 MG
- Store Mitonco Injection below 25°C.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Mitonco 2 MG
Your doctor or nurse will give this Injection so it is unlikely that you overdose on this medicine. Overdose of Mitonco Injection may cause kidney or liver damage, hearing loss, vision loss, nausea, vomiting and bone marrow suppression....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse as to when Mitonco Injection should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Mitonco Injection?
A: Mitonco is an anti-cancer medicine used to treat various types of cancers. It is used to treat advanced and metastatic (spreading) cancer such as breast, pancreas, stomach and lungs.
Q: Can I stop taking Mitonco Injection if I feel better?
A: Do not stop taking Mitonco Injection until and unless your doctor advises you. If you stop taking this medicine, it can lead to an incomplete killing of cancer cells and thus increase the risk of reoccurrence of cancer. The doctor will gradually decrease the dose as per the need.
- Mitomycin 40 mg, Powder for solution for injection/infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]
- Mitomycin 40 mg, Powder for solution for injection/infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed