Mitocin 10mg Injection
Mitocin 10 MG Description
Mitocin 10mg Injection is an anti-cancer medicine. It is used to treat various kinds of metastatic and advanced cancer (that spreads in the body) such as breast, stomach, lungs or pancreas. Mitocin
0mg Injection contains mitomycin as the active ingredient. It acts by killing cancer-causing cells, thereby preventing the spread of infection. This will be given by a doctor or nurse at a hospital or clinic.
Uses of Mitocin 10 MG
Contraindications of Mitocin 10 MG
- If you are allergic to mitomycin or any other ingredient of Mitocin 10mg Injection .
- If you have decreased blood cell count, such as low platelets, low white blood cells, etc.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you have lung, liver or kidney conditions or are in a poor health state.
Side effects of Mitocin 10 MG
- Bone marrow suppression
- Decreased white blood cells
- Decrease platelets
- Shortness of breath
Precautions and Warnings of Mitocin 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney disease or are on any other medicine that alters kidney function.
- You are on dialysis.
- You are allergic to this medicine or any other undesired side effects.
- You have or had liver or lung disease.
- You have or had bone marrow failure.
- You are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- You have low haemoglobin, low blood count or altered blood function.
- You are elderly.
- You had or have planned live vaccination such as yellow fever.
Mode of Action of Mitocin 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Mitocin 10 MG
- Mitocin 10mg Injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this .
Interactions of Mitocin 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Mitocin 10mg Injection works or Mitocin 10mg Injection itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking other cancer medicines or vitamin 6 supplements.
- If you are or have taken any live vaccine recently such as yellow fever.
Storage and disposal of Mitocin 10 MG
- Store Mitocin 10mg Injection below 25°C.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Mitocin 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Mitocin 10mg Injection ?
Q: Can I stop taking Mitocin 10mg Injection if I feel better?
- Mitomycin 40 mg, Powder for solution for injection/infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]
- Mitomycin 40 mg, Powder for solution for injection/infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]