Minolin 50mg Tablet
Minolin 50 MG Description
Minolin Tablet is an antibiotic containing Minocycline as its active ingredient. It is used to treat a variety of bacterial infections of the skin, respiratory tract, urinary tract, private parts, et
c. This medicine should be used only under medical prescription. Take it as prescribed and for the duration, it is prescribed. You should complete the entire treatment with Minolin Tablet and not stop it mid-way on your own without consulting your doctor.
- Vicyn 50mg Tablet 10'sBy Kavit Soap Industries10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 365.00₹ 365.00₹ 36.5/Tablet
- Minoz 50mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 285.00₹ 242.25₹ 24.23/Tablet
Uses of Minolin 50 MG
Contraindications of Minolin 50 MG
- If you are allergic to minocycline or any of the ingredients of Minolin Tablet.
- If you are suffering from an autoimmune disease called systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
- If you are on dialysis or need one.
- If you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or breastfeeding
- Minolin should not be used in children below 12 years of age.
Side effects of Minolin 50 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Minolin 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any pre-existing medical condition such as kidney or liver problems, then it should be administered with caution.
- You are suffering from a condition that causes muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You notice any severe allergic reaction or unwanted side effects after taking Minolin Tablet.
- You notice any symptoms like yellowing of the skin, appetite loss, stomach pain, which may be signs of liver damage.
- You must avoid being in the sunlight or ultraviolet light for too long as this medicine can make your skin too sensitive.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
- Minolin Tablet is not recommended for use in children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Minolin 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Minolin 50 MG
- Minolin Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, whilst in an upright sitting or standing position.
- It is advisable to take this medicine at a fixed time for optimal results. It should not be consumed more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Minolin 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Minolin Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicine that affects your liver.
- Concomitant use of Minolin Tablet along with blood thinners like warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Concomitant use along with antibiotics like penicillin or antacids can alter the effects of this medicine.
- Other medicines like oral contraceptives, ergometrine, sucralfate, quinapril, isotretinoin, ergotamine should be used with caution along with Minolin Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Minolin 50 MG
Dosage of Minolin 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Minolin Tablet an antibiotic?
Q: Can I stop taking Minolin Tablet on my own?
Q: How long should I take Minolin Tablet?
- Minocycline 100 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Minocycline 100 mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]