Maxiclav 625mg Tablet
Maxiclav 625mg Tablet Description
Maxiclav Tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of a wide range of bacterial infections like ear infections, sinus infections, bone infections, joint infections, skin infectio
ns, dental infections, airways and urinary infections. It contains a combination of two antibiotics namely amoxicillin and clavulanic acid along with natural intestine bacteria namely lactobacillus acidophilus. Do not miss any dose or stop taking Maxiclav Tablet on your own. You must always complete the course of antibiotics for effective treatment. Maxiclav or any antibiotic should not be used when you are not sure if the infection is due to bacteria. The unnecessary use of antibiotics can make them ineffective for future treatment.
|Contains||Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg) + Lactobacillus Sporogenes(30.0 M) + Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, vomiting, nausea, fungal infection|
Uses of Maxiclav 625mg Tablet
Contraindications of Maxiclav 625mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any other ingredients of the Maxiclav Tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic medicines.
- If you have a history of liver diseases or jaundice due to the use of any antibiotic medicines.
Side effects of Maxiclav 625mg Tablet
- Fungal infection in mouth, vagina or skin folds
Precautions and Warnings of Maxiclav 625mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have glandular fever.
- You are being treated with liver or kidney disorders.
- You have difficulty passing urine.
- You experience any kind of allergic reaction while taking this antibiotic.
- You are going to have any blood tests, liver tests or urine tests. As it might affect the results of these types of tests.
Mode of Action of Maxiclav 625mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Maxiclav Tablet tablet works by the combined action of its three ingredients.
- Amoxicillin acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections. It inhibits the protein synthesis and cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which ultimately leads to the death of bacteria. However, sometimes it stops working (or made inactive). ...
- Whereas clavulanic acid does not have any actions against bacteria but it inactivates an enzyme called beta-lactamases produced by bacteria which can destroy amoxicillin. Hence, it helps amoxicillin to function optimally....
- Lactobacillus is a gut-friendly bacteria, which is often used as a probiotic. It helps in improving digestion and also prevents diarrhoea caused due to use of antibiotics.
Directions for Use of Maxiclav 625mg Tablet
- Take Maxiclav Tablet as a whole with water, preferably after meals.
- Complete the course of Maxiclav Tablet, as suggested by your doctor.
Interactions of Maxiclav 625mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Maxiclav Tablet works. Tell your doctor about any other medicine, supplement or herbal preparations you are currently taking or might take to avoid any interaction....
- Concomitant use of blood thinners such as warfarin may increase the risk of bleeding, and regular monitoring of blood clotting parameters such as PT-INR is advised.
- There is an increased risk of getting the side effects of the medicine methotrexate (used in the treatment of cancer) if taken along.
- Medicines such as allopurinol and probenecid (used for the treatment of gout) and medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil should be used cautiously with Maxiclav Tablet....
Storage and disposal of Maxiclav 625mg Tablet
- Store the medicine at or below 25°C in the original package.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Maxiclav 625mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
B. Pharm, M. Pharm
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)