Macfast 650mg Tablet
Macfast 650 MG Description
Macfast Tablet contains paracetamol as its main ingredient. Paracetamol is a painkiller used to treat fever, pain and ache. Macfast Tablet works by blocking the formation of certain chemicals respons
ible for fever and pain. You should not take more than 4-tablets of Macfast Tablet in 24 hours. If you feel that your pain and fever are relieved, do not take it further. Individuals with liver and kidney problems should seek medical advice before taking this medicine. This medicine is not meant for children under 12 years of age.
Uses of Macfast 650 MG
Contraindications of Macfast 650 MG
- If you are allergic to paracetamol or any other ingredients of the Macfast Tablet.
- If you are taking any other products containing paracetamol.
Side effects of Macfast 650 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Macfast 650 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have severe liver or kidney diseases or problems.
- You are taking any other medicines or products that contain paracetamol. Taking too much of the same can cause liver damage.
- You consume alcohol too often or are suffering from chronic malnutrition.
- This medicine is not meant to be used in children below 12 years of age.
- You should maintain a gap of 4-6 hours between each dose of Macfast Tablet and should not exceed it to more than 4-tablets a day.
Mode of Action of Macfast 650 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Macfast 650 MG
Interactions of Macfast 650 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Macfast Tablet may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how Macfast Tablet works, if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat nausea or vomitings like metoclopramide or domperidone should be avoided with Macfast Tablets.
- Frequent use of Macfast Tablet by a person on blood thinners like warfarin can increase the anticoagulant effect of warfarin and can lead to an increased risk of bleeding.
- Cholesterol-lowering medicines like cholestyramine should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours as it can interfere with the painkiller action of Macfast Tablet.
- Medicines used to treat a bacterial infection like chloramphenicol should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Macfast 650 MG
- Macfast Tablet should not be stored above 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Macfast 650 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Macfast Tablet be used for a headache?
Q: Can I give Macfast Tablet to a five year old child?
Q: Is Macfast Tablet safe during pregnancy?
Q: Can I take Macfast Tablet for cold and fever?
Q: What are the uses of Macfast Tablet?
Q: Macfast Tablet vs Crocin, what are the differences?
Q: Any general warnings, I should be aware of about paracetamol?
- Be cautious if you are a patient with liver problems, kidney problems or an alcoholic, as this medicine is known to cause severe liver damage in case of an overdose. Caution is needed for the elderly as well....
- Paracetamol should be used in low doses and for the shortest duration possible.
- You should avoid taking it when the symptoms (pain and fever) disappear.
- You should not take it while taking any other medicines containing paracetamol.