Levid 500mg Tab
By CORE GESTRA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
- Lavid 500 tablet contains levofloxacin, an antibacterial agent that is used to treat bacterial infections. It is used in various bacterial infections of the lung, throat, airways, nose and ears. It isalso used in the treatment of certain sexually transmitted diseases. Lavid 500 tablet works by inhibiting the bacterial DNA, thereby restricting their growth and eventually killing the bacteria. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Always take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor for the prescribed duration. Do not stop taking the medicine, even if you feel better as incomplete treatment may result in treatment failure and the infection might reoccur....Read more
Uses of Levid 500mg Tab
Lavid 500 tablet is used to treat different types of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, throat and lung infections, sinus infections, kidney and urinary tract infections, skin and soft tissue inf
Contraindications of Levid 500mg Tab
- If you are allergic to levofloxacin or any other ingredients of the Lavid 500 tablet.
- If you are allergic to a class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone.
- If you have a history of fits and seizures (epilepsy).
- If you have tendons (tendonitis) related problems.
- If you are below 18 years old.
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Levid 500mg Tab
- Skin rash
- Sleeping problems
Precautions and Warnings of Levid 500mg Tab
Can I take the Lavid 500 tablet during pregnancy?
- Do not take the Lavid 500 tablet if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby. If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor....Read more
Can I take the Lavid 500 tablet while breastfeeding?
- It is not known if the Lavid 500 tablet can pass into the breastmilk. However, fluoroquinolones can pass into the breastmilk and harm your child. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while youare taking this medicine or ask your doctor for another medicine....Read more
Can I drive if I have consumed the Lavid 500 tablet?
- You may experience sleepiness, dizziness and visual disturbances like blurred vision while on treatment with the Lavid 500 tablet, thus you should avoid driving or use any tools and machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Lavid 500 tablet?
You should avoid drinking excessive alcohol while taking this medicine, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your age is 60 years or above.
- You have diabetes.
- You have a history of fits.
- You have any brain injury.
- You have heart diseases, a history of heart attack, very slow heart rate, salt imbalance.
- You have kidney diseases.
- You have liver diseases.
- You have mental health problems.
- If you have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells).
- You have myasthenia gravis, this medicine can cause muscle weakness and breathing difficulty.
Mode of Action of Levid 500mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Levofloxacin in the Lavid 500 tablet works by preventing bacterial growth by interfering with the action-specific enzymes in bacteria like DNA gyrase and topoisomerase IV that helps in DNA replication
Directions for Use of Levid 500mg Tab
Lavid 500 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food. It would be best
if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Levid 500mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Lavid 500 tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you havea planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....Read more
- Medicines containing steroids, blood thinners like warfarin, theophylline and painkillers such as Aspirin, Ibruprofen may interact with the action of the Levofloxacin 500.
- Medicines that alter heart rhythm like quinidine, medicines used to treat brain disorders, antibiotics like erythromycin and immunomodulators such as ciclosporin should be used cautiously.
- Medicines containing aluminium, magnesium or sucralfate should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours with the Levofloxacin 500.
- Other medicines such as methotrexate, cimetidine, probenecid which can affect your kidney function should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid taking the Lavid 500 tablet with orange juice.
- Dietary supplements that contain iron may affect the way this medicine works, therefore, this medicine should be taken two hours prior to or after having any product that contains iron.
Storage and disposal of Levid 500mg Tab
- Store the Lavid 500 tablet at room temperature.
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Levid 500mg Tab
Symptoms of an overdose are dizziness, nausea, confusion, unconsciousness, fits. Seek immediate medical help if you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of the Lavid 500 tab
Missed a Dose
For optimum effect, doses of antibiotics should not be missed. If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed
dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using this medicine?
- Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- If you experience pain, swelling of a tendon or weakness or inability to use one of your joints; rest and refrain from exercise and discontinue levofloxacin treatment immediately. Report the same toyour doctor....Read more
- If you experience sudden chest or back or stomach pain, seek medical help immediately.
- Have plenty of water.
Q: Can I stop taking medicine in the middle if I get relief from the disease?
A: No, do not stop taking medicine in the middle, doing so may cause reinfection or bacterial resistance. Antibiotics should be taken for the complete prescribed duration.
Q: Is the Lavid 500 tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, the Lavid 500 tablet is an antibiotic. It contains levofloxacin as its active ingredient.
Q: For how long do I need to take the Lavid 500 tablet?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage duration by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 29 July 2021]
- Levofloxacin 250 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 July 2021]
- Levofloxacin 250 mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 July 2021]
- LEVAQUIN [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 30 July 2021]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Antimicrobial Drugs: 688-849.
Last Updated on: 02 Aug 2021 | 01:28 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved