Lcin 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
L-Cin 500 tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat bacterial infections of the sinus, airways, urinary tract, skin and lungs. It contains levofloxacin as its main ingredient. This medicine works by stopping and killing the growth of infection-causing bacteria. Children below 18 years of age, pregnant and breastfeeding women should not take this medicine. Take this medicine in the correct dose and for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor. You should always use sunscreen while on this medicine, to avoid photosensitivity. L cin 500 may sometimes cause headache, dizziness, diarrhoea and stomach pain as its side effects, however, these side effects get resolved on their own. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsen, consult with your doctor. Complete the entire course of medicine, as incomplete treatment may result in treatment failure and increase the risk of re-infection....
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Lcin 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Uses of L Cin 500 MG
L-Cin 500 tablet is used to treat bacterial infections such as infection of the sinuses, sudden worsening of long term inflammation of the airways, infection of the lungs, urinary tract, skin and soft tissue in adults....
Contraindications of L Cin 500 MG
- If you are allergic to levofloxacin or any other ingredients of the L-Cin 500 tablet.
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone.
- If you have a history of fits (epilepsy).
- If you have problems related to a tendon (a tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of L Cin 500 MG
- Sleeping disorders
- Increased liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of L Cin 500 MG
Can I take the L-Cin 500 tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of L cin 500 during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
Can I take the L-Cin 500 tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of the L cin 500 on a nursing mother. It might pass into the breastmilk and may be harmful to the baby. Inform your doctor if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed the L-Cin 500 tablet?
You may experience drowsiness, dizziness and visual disturbances when you are taking the L-Cin 500 tablet. Thus, be cautious while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with the L-Cin 500 tablet?
You should avoid drinking excessive alcohol while taking L-Cin 500 tablet, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your age is 60 years or above.
- You had an allergic reaction after consuming any medicine belonging to a similar class.
- You have or had heart diseases including irregular heartbeats.
- You are on any medication to treat irregular heartbeats.
- You have or had liver, kidney disease.
- You have or had fits or a psychiatric illness.
- You had symptoms of neuropathy such as pain, burning, tingling, numbness or weakness.
- You have or had myasthenia gravis.
- You had tendinitis or tendon rupture characterised by painful swelling, inflammation, immobilization.
- You experience disturbances in blood glucose levels after taking the L-Cin 500 tablet.
- You experience vision disorders or decreased vision or diarrhoea after taking the L-Cin 500 tablet.
- You or any member of your family have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (a rare hereditary disease).
- You have been diagnosed with or have a family history of an enlargement of a large blood vessel of the heart.
- You have an infection of the genital area.
- Avoid exposure to direct or indirect sunlight when on L-Cin 500 tablet, always use sunscreen.
- L-Cin 500 tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of L Cin 500 MG
How Does It Work?
L-Cin 500 tablet works by inhibiting the multiplication of the bacteria thereby stopping the growth.
Directions for Use of L Cin 500 MG
L-Cin 500 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of L Cin 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines known as corticosteroids used to treat inflammation and swelling.
- Medicines used as blood thinners like warfarin.
- Medicines used to treat respiratory diseases like theophylline.
- Medicines used as painkillers like aspirin, ibuprofen, fenbufen, ketoprofen and indomethacin.
- Medicines used after organ transplants like cyclosporin.
- Medicines that alter heart rhythm like quinidine, hydroquinone, disopyramide, amiodarone, sotalol, dofetilide, ibutilide.
- Medicines used to treat depression like imipramine, amitriptyline.
- Antibiotics like erythromycin, clarithromycin, azithromycin.
- Medicines used to treat mental health conditions.
- Medicines that may affect your kidney functions like methotrexate, cimetidine, probenecid.
- Medicines used to treat HIV infections like didanosine.
- Medicines or dietary supplements that contain iron, aluminium, magnesium or sucralfate. Levofloxacin should not be taken within two hours of taking this medicine as they reduce the effect of this medicine....
Interactions with food items
- Avoid taking L-Cin 500 tablet with orange juice.
- Dietary supplements that contain iron may affect the way this medicine works, therefore, this medicine should be taken two hours prior to or after having any product that contains iron.
Storage and disposal of L Cin 500 MG
- Store L-Cin 500 tablet at room temperature.
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of L Cin 500 MG
- An overdose of L-Cin 500 tablet may cause confusion, dizziness, impairment of consciousness, fits, nausea
- If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of L cin 500 then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow your regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking the L-Cin 500 tablet?
A: L-Cin 500 tablet can interact with other drugs, hence inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines especially supplements or herbs. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine.
Q: What precautions should I take when using the L-Cin 500 tablet?
- Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- If you experience pain, swelling of a tendon or weakness or inability to use one of your joints; rest and refrain from exercise and discontinue levofloxacin treatment immediately. Report the same to your doctor....
- If you experience sudden chest or back or stomach pain, seek medical help immediately.
- Have plenty of water.
Q: Can I stop taking the L-Cin 500 tablet in the middle if I get relief from the disease?
A: No, do not stop taking the L-Cin 500 tablet in the middle, doing so may cause reinfection or bacterial resistance. The antibiotic should be taken for the complete prescribed duration.
Q: Is L-Cin 500 tablet effective?
A: L-Cin 500 is effective if you take it in the correct dose and for the exact duration as advised by your doctor. If you stop taking this tablet once you start feeling good, the chance of recurrence of the infection increases.
Q: What is L-Cin 500?
A: L-Cin 500 tablet is an antibiotic, used to treat various bacterial infections of the airways, lungs, throat, skin, urinary tract and nose.
Q: Is L Cin 500 antibiotic?
A: Yes, it is an antibiotic medicine.
Q: What is the dose of L Cin 500?
A: The exact dose and frequency of L in 500 depend upon the severity and type of infection or disease. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor, kindly refrain from self-medication of any antibiotics and do not take it in excess or less.
Q: When should I take L Cin 500?
A: L cin 500 can be taken during day or night, exactly as told by the doctor. But it is important to take it regularly at evenly spaced intervals as per the schedule prescribed by your doctor. Taking it at the same time will reduce the chances of missing the dose and it will also help you to get optimum results.
Q: What content is present in L cin 500?
A: The content present in L cin 500 is levofloxacin, which is an antibiotic medicine.
Q: Can the use of L-Cin 500 tablet cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, the use of L Cin 500 tablets can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect. However, not everyone gets them. It is an antibiotic that kills both good and bad bacteria when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctor about it.
Q: What are the uses of L Cin 500?
A: L-Cin 500 tablet is used to treat bacterial infections such as infection of the sinuses, sudden worsening of long term inflammation of the airways, infection of the lungs, urinary tract, skin and soft tissue in adults.
Q: What are the side effects of L cin 500?
A: Headache, dizziness, diarrhoea, vomiting, nausea are a few common side effects of L cin 500. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on your own. Also, it is not important that everyone experience the same.
- Levofloxacin 250 mg Film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Levaquin (levofloxacin) tablets, for oral use, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- LEVOFLOXACIN - levofloxacin tablet, film coated [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 15 December 2021]
- CDSCO - Levofloxacin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 15 December 2021]
- Levofloxacin 250 mg Film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 December 2021]
Country of Origin
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.