Levoflox 500mg Tablet
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Levoflox 500 tablet contains levofloxacin, an antibacterial agent that is used to treat bacterial infections. It is used in various bacterial infections of the lung, throat, airways, nose and ears. It is also used in the treatment of certain sexually transmitted diseases. Levoflox 500 tablet works by inhibiting the bacterial DNA, thereby restricting their growth and eventually killing the bacteria. Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain and itchy skin are some of the common side effects associated with Levoflox 500 tablet. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen.
Uses of Levoflox 500mg Tablet
Levoflox 500 tablet is used to treat different types of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, throat and lung infections, sinus infections, kidney and urinary tract infections, skin and soft tissue infections.
Contraindications of Levoflox 500mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Levofloxacin or any other ingredients of Levoflox 500 tablet.
- If you are allergic to a class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone.
- If you have a history of fits and seizures (epilepsy).
- If you have tendons (tendonitis) related problems.
- If you are below 18 years old.
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Levoflox 500mg Tablet
- Skin rash
- Sleeping problems
Precautions and Warnings of Levoflox 500mg Tablet
Can I take Levoflox 500 tablet during pregnancy?
Do not take Levoflox 500 tablet if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby. If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor.
Can I take Levoflox 500 tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not known if Levoflox 500 tablet can pass into human breast milk. However, fluoroquinolones can pass into human breast milk and harm your child. Hence breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine or ask your doctor for another medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Levoflox 500 tablet?
You may experience sleepiness, dizziness and visual disturbances like a blurred vision while on treatment with Levoflox 500 tablet, thus you should avoid driving or use any tools and machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Levoflox 500 tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol in excess while on treatment with Levoflox 500 tablet, as it may worsen the side effects like sleepiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have diabetes.
- You have a history of fits.
- You are suffering from any brain injury.
- You are above the age of 60 years.
- You have heart problems, a history of heart attack, slow heart rate, salt imbalance.
- You have problems with your kidney or liver.
- You have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells).
- You are suffering from myasthenia gravis, a condition of muscle weakness.
- Levoflox 500 tablet can cause muscle weakness and breathing disorders.
Mode of Action of Levoflox 500mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Levofloxacin in Levoflox 500 tablet works by preventing bacterial growth by interfering with the action-specific enzymes in bacteria like DNA gyrase and topoisomerase IV that helps in DNA replication in bacteria.
Directions for Use of Levoflox 500mg Tablet
Levoflox 500 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Levoflox 500mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Levoflox 500 tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.read less
- Medicines containing steroids, blood thinners like warfarin, theophylline and painkillers such as Aspirin, Ibruprofen may interact with the action of Levoflox 500.
- Medicines that alter heart rhythm like quinidine, medicines used to treat brain disorders, antibiotics like erythromycin and immunomodulators such as ciclosporin should be used cautiously.
- Medicines containing aluminium, magnesium or sucralfate should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours with Levoflox 500.
- Other medicines such as methotrexate, cimetidine, probenecid which can affect your kidney function should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
- You should avoid consuming orange juice with Levoflox 500 tablet.
- Dietary supplements that contain iron may affect the way this tablet works, therefore, this medicine should be taken two hours prior or after having any product that contains iron.
Storage and disposal of Levoflox 500mg Tablet
- Store Levoflox 500 mg tablets below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Levoflox 500mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose are dizziness, nausea, confusion, unconsciousness, fits. Seek immediate medical help if you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Levoflox 500 tablet.
Missed a Dose
For optimum effect, doses of antibiotics should not be missed. If you missed any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with the physician before starting Levoflox 500 tablet?
A: Levoflox 500 tablet can interact with other medicines hence inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines especially supplements or herbs. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine.
Q: What precautions should be taken when using Levoflox 500 tablet?
- Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- If you experience pain, swelling of a tendon or weakness or inability to use one of your joints; rest and refrain from exercise and discontinue levofloxacin treatment immediately. Report the same to your doctor.read less
- If you experience sudden chest or back or stomach pain, seek medical help immediately.
- Have plenty of water and maintain a healthy diet.
Q: Can I discontinue taking Levoflox 500 tablet if I feel my condition is improving?
A: No, you should not stop taking medicine in the middle of the treatment, doing so may cause reinfection or bacterial resistance. The antibiotic should be taken for the complete prescribed duration.
Q: Can Levoflox 500 tablet be taken during pregnancy?
A: No, it is unsafe to take Levoflox 500 in pregnancy. If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor.
Q: Does Levoflox 500 tablet cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, you may experience diarrhoea after taking this medicine as it is an antibiotic. It can affect the normal bacterial flora of your gut along with the harmful bacteria. If you have severe diarrhoea, reach out to your doctor.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 05 Apr 2021 | 04:11 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved