Lam Plus H Tablets
Lam Plus H Tablets Description
Lam Plus H Tablet is a prescription medicine used for treating anxiety disorder. It combines two active ingredients: Alprazolam and propranolol. The mode of action of Lam Plus H Tablets is to balance
the chemical messengers to lower brain activity and relax the overworked nervous system. Propranolol, a component of this medicine, reduces the stress on the heart and blood vessels around it. One of the primary uses of Lam Plus H tablets is to manage mood disorders such as anxiety, nervousness, fear, panic, increased heart rate, raised blood pressure, etc. This medicine should be taken at the same time every day, as it helps maintain a constant dose in the body. Sleepiness, fatigue, dizziness, etc., are some of the side effects of Lam Plus H tablets. The doctor's advice should be followed strictly for the dosage of Lam Plus H tablets, as it has high habit-forming potential. The medicine should not be abruptly stopped as it can cause withdrawal symptoms like cramps, sweating, vomiting, tremors, etc. Instead, it should be slowly tapered. This medication can cause suicidal tendencies.
|You Save||₹4.94 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Alprazolam(0.25 Mg) + Propranolol(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Anxiety, Panic disorder, Panic attack|
|Side effects||Lightheadedness, Blurred speech, Drowsiness, Fatigue, Weakness, Slow heart rate|
Uses of Lam Plus H Tablets
- Lam Plus H tablet is used to manage the symptoms of anxiety disorder, panic attack, and panic disorder (various mood disorders).
Contraindications of Lam Plus H Tablets
- Do not take Lam Plus H tablets or take with caution:
- If you are allergic to any elements of the Lam Plus H tablet.
- If you are taking other medications with similar ingredients to this medicine, it can cause an overdose.
- If you have obstructive respiratory conditions or breathing problems like asthma, this medicine worsens the condition.
- If you have been diagnosed with heart rhythm disorders or heart failure, it will exaggerate the conditions.
- If you have an eye condition like acute narrow-angle glaucoma, this medicine worsens the situation.
- If you are a child below 18 years of age, this medicine is contraindicated.
- If you have a history of substance or alcohol abuse, the Lam Plus H tablet has high habit-forming potential.
- If you are expecting or currently planning to conceive.
- If you notice having sudden mood changes, suicidal or other harmful thoughts.
Side effects of Lam Plus H Tablets
- Side effects of Lam Plus H tablets include:
- Weight gain
- Blurred vision
- Slow heart rate
Precautions and Warnings of Lam Plus H Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are planning to get pregnant.
- You have diabetes, then monitor your blood sugar levels, as the Lam Plus H tablet can alter it.
- You are an athlete; this medicine should not be taken while participating in sports events.
- You are an elderly patient; the Lam Plus H tablet increases the risk of sedation due to slower metabolism.
- You are using any herbal or ayurvedic supplements and vitamins that help treat depression, as it can cause severe side effects.
- You are planning to have any medical or dental procedure.
- You have withdrawal symptoms such as sweating, tremors, nausea, agitation, and confusion.
- You have a kidney or liver condition.
- You need to do something that requires steady focus; this medicine can cause difficulties with concentration.
Mode of Action of Lam Plus H Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lam Plus H Tablets
- Take Lam Plus H tablets precisely as advised by your doctor.
- Do not increase the dosage, even if you do not notice its effects.
- Take the tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break or chew the tablet.
- Do not use it if the package is broken.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Lam plus H medication, as it can have withdrawal effects.
- Do not take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
Interactions of Lam Plus H Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Lam Plus H tablets should not be taken with other antidepressant or mood-elevating medicines like MAO inhibitors (like selegiline or isocarboxazid) as they can lead to adverse reactions.
- Lam Plus H tablets can reduce the effectiveness of oral contraceptives or birth control pills. Other contraceptive methods like condoms, intrauterine devices, etc., should be used instead.
- Lam Plus H tablets should not be mixed with other medicines that cause drowsiness, such as antihistamines (cetirizine, diphenhydramine, etc.), cough medicine, sleeping pills (zolpidem), muscle relaxants, and other sleep-inducing medications, as it can cause exaggerated drowsiness, fatigue, etc....
Interactions with food items
- Avoid taking grapefruit and its juice. It may reduce the effectiveness of the Lam Plus H Tablet.
- Avoid drinking coffee or caffeine products, like cola, energy drinks, excess chocolates, and others. The caffeine can worsen the symptoms of mood disorder for which Lam Plus H tablets are being taken.
Storage and disposal of Lam Plus H Tablets
Dosage of Lam Plus H Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking the Lam Plus H tablet if I feel better?
Q: Can I get dependent on the Lam Plus H tablet?
Q: Can I gain weight while using the Lam Plus H tablet?
- Alprazolam Propranolol Pharmacology [Internet]. Alprazolam Propranolol Pharmacology & Usage Details | Medicine India. [cited 4 Mar 2022] -
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022. [cited 4 mar 2022] -
- Ravaris, C L, Friedman, M J, Hauri, P J, McHugo, G J. A controlled study of alprazolam and propranolol in panic-disordered and agoraphobic outpatients. Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology 11(6):344-50. 1991 [cited 4 Mar 2022]
- Alprazolam: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. https://medlineplus.gov. U.S. National Library of Medicine [cited 4 Mar 2022]