Kyopod Xl Tablet
Kyopod Xl Tablet Description
Kyopod Xl Tablet is an antibiotic that is used to treat infection of the urinary tract, lungs, airways, sinus, throat and windpipe. It is a combination medicine containing cefpodoxime and clavulanic
acid as its active ingredients. It acts by the combined action of its two components. Cefpodoxime inhibits the growth of bacteria by interfering with the cell wall and clavulanic acid helps in maintaining the optimal levels of Cefpodoxime. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Complete the course of antibiotics and do not miss any dose or stop taking this medicine on your own. Before using Kyopod Xl Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Safepodox Cv TabletBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 313.15₹ 266.18₹ 44.36/Tablet
- Clavcep Cv Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 299.00₹ 236.2220.61% CHEAPER₹ 23.62/Tablet
- Doxcef Cv 200mg TabletBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 407.15₹ 346.08₹ 34.61/Tablet
- Gudcef Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 319.44₹ 271.528.74% CHEAPER₹ 27.15/Tablet
- Oxipod Cv 200 Mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Indoco Remedies Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 352.00₹ 299.20₹ 29.92/Tablet
- Kefpod Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 348.00₹ 295.800.57% CHEAPER₹ 29.58/Tablet
- Cefchamp 325mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 456.58₹ 383.53₹ 38.35/Tablet
- Cefoprox Cv 325mg TabletBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 384.31₹ 326.66₹ 32.67/Tablet
- Cepodem Xp 325mg TabletBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 364.00₹ 323.96₹ 32.4/Tablet
- Vivopod Cv Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Agus World Life Llp10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 363.00₹ 283.154.81% CHEAPER₹ 28.32/Tablet
Uses of Kyopod Xl Tablet
Contraindications of Kyopod Xl Tablet
- If you have an allergy to this medicine or any of the ingredients of Kyopod Xl Tablet.
- If you have an infection that is caused by the bacteria Clostridium difficile.
- If you are allergic to the cephalosporin class of antibiotics.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you are suffering from fits.
Side effects of Kyopod Xl Tablet
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Kyopod Xl Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergic reactions to any antibiotic medicine.
- You are suffering from persistent diarrhoea when on Kyopod Xl Tablet or even after discontinuing this medicine.
- You regularly consume alcohol in excess.
Mode of Action of Kyopod Xl Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Kyopod Xl Tablet works by the combined action of both its components: cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid
- Cefpodoxime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall. However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Cefpodoxime.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Cefpodoxime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Kyopod Xl Tablet
Interactions of Kyopod Xl Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Kyopod Xl Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Medicines used to treat gout-like probenecid as they may alter the way your kidney functions.
- If you are taking other medicines like Cyclosporine, Cisplatin, Indomethacin, inform your doctor as your kidney functions need to be monitored more closely.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Kyopod Xl Tablet
- Store Kyopod Xl Tablet in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it in original packaging to protect it from light.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Kyopod Xl Tablet
- Symptoms of an overdose include nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
- If you are suffering from kidney problems and you take more of this medicine, brain diseases may occur.
- Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital if you think you have taken too much of Kyopod Xl Tablet.
Missed a Dose
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in the failure of therapy.
- If you have missed taking any dose of Kyopod Xl Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long should I take Kyopod Xl Tablet?
Q: Can I take Kyopod Xl Tablet for flu?
Q: Can we consume alcohol with Kyopod Xl Tablet?
- You should avoid consuming alcohol along with this medicine as alcohol and Kyopod Xl Tablet have similar side effects.
- The concomitant use can further increase the side effects.
- Alcohol slows down body's functions and can reduce energy levels which can delay the recovery from illness.
- Bros enterprise. TAB.C-POX-CL. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
- Cefoprox CV Tablets / Suspension (Cefpodoxime proxetil + Clavulanate potassium) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
- Doxporin CV Tablets-Anhydrous Cefpodxime [Internet]. Bionova.co.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cefpodoxime/Clavulanic acid [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]