Jubiglim 1mg Tablet
Jubiglim 1 MG Description
Jubiglim Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine containing glimepiride as its active ingredient. It is used for lowering the blood glucose in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus when diet & exercise
alone are not able to control your blood sugar levels. Type 2 diabetes is a health condition in which your cells don’t respond normally to insulin. Insulin is a hormone that regulates how your body utilises sugar. This leads to increased blood sugar that can further lead to serious health conditions. Jubiglim Tablet it works by increasing the amount of insulin produced in the body and thus lowering elevated blood sugar. Take Jubiglim Tablet in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. It should be taken after having your food. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine.
|Uses||Type-II Diabetes Mellitus|
|Side effects||Nausea, dizziness, headache, weight gain, hypoglycaemia|
- Glimp 1mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zydus Healthcare Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 36.95₹ 25.8626.42% CHEAPER₹ 2.59/Tablet
- Glimicure 1mg TabletBy Hbc Lifesciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 26.14₹ 26.1425.85% CHEAPER₹ 2.61/Tablet
- Gepride 1mg TabletBy Medley Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 36.60₹ 32.218.52% CHEAPER₹ 3.22/Tablet
- Prichek 1mg TabletBy Indoco Remedies Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 36.96₹ 31.4210.8% CHEAPER₹ 3.14/Tablet
- Gleam 1mg TabletBy Franco Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 36.15₹ 30.7312.78% CHEAPER₹ 3.07/Tablet
- Diapride 1mg Tablet 30'sBy Micro Labs30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 110.88₹ 94.2510.8% CHEAPER₹ 3.14/Tablet
- Glisen 1mg TabletBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 36.96₹ 31.4210.8% CHEAPER₹ 3.14/Tablet
- Geminor 1mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 36.62₹ 31.1311.65% CHEAPER₹ 3.11/Tablet
- Glusens 1mg TabletBy Mitoch Pharma Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 36.50₹ 31.0211.93% CHEAPER₹ 3.1/Tablet
- Glimulin 1mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 54.94₹ 46.7011.65% CHEAPER₹ 3.11/Tablet
Uses of Jubiglim 1 MG
Contraindications of Jubiglim 1 MG
- If you have an allergy to glimepiride or sulfonylureas or sulfonamides or any other ingredients of Jubiglim Tablet.
- If you have type1 diabetes.
- If you have the following signs like fatigue, nausea, frequent urination and muscle stiffness (due to diabetic ketoacidosis).
- If you have kidney or liver disease.
Side effects of Jubiglim 1 MG
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Jubiglim 1 MG
- Jubiglim Tablet can cause low blood sugar levels, which can lead to drowsiness, unconsciousness, confusion. These can be dangerous while driving.
- Consult your doctor whether you can drive a car if you have frequent episodes of hypoglycaemia.
- Keep a juice or a bar of chocolate in the car close to you while driving and in case you start feeling any of the above symptoms of hypoglycaemia, immediately drink the juice or eat the chocolate bar. Note that artificial sweeteners are not of any use in such scenarios....
Other General Warnings
- You experience extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness and reaction time, confusion, shakiness, dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, immediately have sugar or sweet juice....
- You are suffering from severe liver disease or kidney disease.
- You have G6PD deficiency, and Glimepiride can cause hemolytic anaemia (destruction of red blood cells).
Mode of Action of Jubiglim 1 MG
How Does It Work?
- Your pancreas produces a hormone called insulin. Insulin moves sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells. The cells then use it as fuel for energy. In type 2 diabetes, your body doesn’t make enough insulin or doesn’t utilize insulin properly, so the sugar is not able to enter the cells and stays in your bloodstream....
- Glimepiride increases the amount of insulin released from your pancreas. This insulin then lowers your blood sugar levels.
Directions for Use of Jubiglim 1 MG
- Jubiglim Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken with or after a meal to reduce its side effects. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Jubiglim 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Jubiglim Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- These medicines along with Jubiglim Tablet can cause a drastic fall in blood glucose levels: fluconazole, aspirin, antidiabetic medicines like metformin, insulin, warfarin, ramipril, lisinopril, allopurinol....
- These medicines can interfere with Jubiglim Tablet and cause an increase in blood glucose: oestrogens, progestogens, diuretics, levothyroxine, rifampicin, glucocorticoids, chlorpromazine.
Storage and disposal of Jubiglim 1 MG
- Store at room temperature in a original package
- Keep our of the reach of childrens and pets
Dosage of Jubiglim 1 MG
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Jubiglim Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long do I need to take Jubiglim Tablet?
Q: What are the side effects of Jubiglim Tablet?
- Glimcip tablet [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 26 May 2021]
- AZULIX Tablet [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- Glimepiride 1 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- Glimepiride 1 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
- JUBIGLIM M 2MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- JUBIGLIM MV 2MG PLUS STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- JUBIGLIM M 2MG FORTE STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- JUBIGLIM M 4/500MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- JUBIGLIM MV 1MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- JUBIGLIM MV 2MG PLUS STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- JUBIGLIM MV 1MG PLUS STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- JUBIGLIM MV 2MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- JUBIGLIM 2MG TABLET