Intrazole 500mg Tablet
By INTRA LABS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Intrazole 500 MG Description
Intrazole 500mg Tablet contains Ornidazole. It is an anti-infective medicine.
|You Save||₹27.00 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Ornidazole(500.0 Mg)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Intrazole 500mg Tablet
- Ornida 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 110.80₹ 110.80₹ 11.08/Tablet
- Orni 500mg TabletBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 154.10₹ 130.98₹ 13.1/Tablet
Uses of Intrazole 500 MG
- For the treatment of bacterial and protozoal infections of different body parts like stomach, liver, intestine, brain, urinary tract, genitals and skin
Contraindications of Intrazole 500 MG
- If you have an allergic reaction to Ornidazole or other medicine belonging to the same family like Metronidazole or any ingredient of this medicine
Side effects of Intrazole 500 MG
- Stomach discomfort
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Skin rashes and itching
Precautions and Warnings of Intrazole 500 MG
Can I take Intrazole 500mg Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine and effects during pregnancy. Hence, it should not be used until considered essential for your condition and prescribed by your doctor. It should not be used in early pregnancy.
Can I take Intrazole 500mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
The effects of this medicine on a breastfed infant is not clear. Therefore, a decision of whether to discontinue breastfeeding or the medicine should be taken by doctor after close examination of necessity of ornidazole treatment for nursing mother over the benefit of breastfeeding to infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed Intrazole 500mg Tablet?
You may experience sleepiness, dizziness, giddiness or temporary loss of consciousness and fits. Thus, be careful and alert while driving and operating any machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Intrazole 500mg Tablet?
You should avoid alcohol intake during the treatment and for at least 3 days after discontinuing the medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have a liver or kidney problem, you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you are suffering from fits, seizures, convulsions or have issues like multiple sclerosis
Mode of Action of Intrazole 500 MG
How Does It Work?
It acts by interacting with the DNA of the microorganism and interferes with DNA replication, growth of microorganism and metabolic processes and thus, disrupts the microorganism responsible for causing infection....
Directions for Use of Intrazole 500 MG
- Take this medicine as a whole as instructed by your doctor after your meals
Interactions of Intrazole 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Ornidazole can increase the blood-thinning effects of certain oral anticoagulant, your doctor may adjust the dose accordingly
- This medicine can prolong the muscle relaxant effect of medicines like vecuronium bromide
- Be cautious if you are taking medicines like lithium used to treat depression, Cimetidine as antacids, antiepileptic medicine used to treat seizures and convulsions like Phenytoin and Phenobarbital
Storage and disposal of Intrazole 500 MG
- Store it below 30°C protected from light
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Intrazole 500 MG
- Symptoms of overdose are very similar to the side effects of this medicine. It may include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, dry mouth, etc. Sometimes even stomach and abdominal cramps
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any specific precaution I need to be careful before taking this medicine?
A: Inform your doctor if you have taken cholera vaccine or have a scheduled appointment to take cholera vaccine, you have planned surgery, operation or dental procedure.
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage duration by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, it may decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.