Ikocin Inj 500mg
By AAMORB PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ikocin Injection is an antibiotic containing amikacin as its active component. It is used to treat bacterial infections caused by various causative organisms. It acts by altering the protein synthesis of the bacteria, interfering with its replication and growth, further resulting in cell death. Ikocin Injection should be used under medical supervision. This medicine can result in altered kidney function and hearing disability. Thus, it should be closely monitored. Inform your doctor about the medical conditions and the medicines you are currently taking. If any of the side effects worsen, inform your doctor immediately.
Uses of Ikocin Inj 500mg
Ikocin Injection is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
Contraindications of Ikocin Inj 500mg
- If you are allergic to amikacin or any other components of Ikocin Injection.
- If you are allergic to aminoglycoside medicine.
- If you suffer from myasthenia gravis.
Side effects of Ikocin Inj 500mg
- Skin rash
- Loss of balance
- Nausea or vomiting
- Low blood pressure
- Severe kidney failure
Precautions and Warnings of Ikocin Inj 500mg
Can I take Ikocin Injection during pregnancy?
Ikocin Injection crosses the placenta and may cause harm to the unborn baby. Thus, the use of this medicine is not recommended during pregnancy.
Can I take Ikocin Injection while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of Ikocin Injection on breastfeeding. Your doctor may decide whether it is necessary to administer this medicine after assessing the benefit.
Can I drive if I have taken Ikocin Injection?
If you experience dizziness after the administration of Ikocin Injection, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol if I have taken Ikocin Injection?
Alcohol may alter the effect of Ikocin Injection. Thus, discuss with your doctor if you consume alcohol often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience an allergic reaction.
- You experience any side effects after taking Ikocin Injection.
- You develop vision loss after administering this medicine.
- You should stay hydrated while on this medication.
- You have kidney disease and a hearing problem.
- You have any muscular disorder such as Parkinsonism.
Mode of Action of Ikocin Inj 500mg
How Does It Work?
Ikocin Injection alters the protein synthesis (responsible for cell multiplication) of the bacteria, stops the growth of bacteria and results in cell death.
Directions for Use of Ikocin Inj 500mg
- Ikocin Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Do not self-inject. Follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Ikocin Inj 500mg
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Ikocin Injection works or this injection itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Concurrent use of antibiotics like cephaloridine, paromomycin, viomycin, polymyxin B, colistin, vancomycin, amphotericin B; immunosuppressants like tacrolimus, ciclosporin, cisplatin; diuretics such as ethacrynic acid or furosemide increases the risk of toxicity of ear and kidney.read less
- Concurrent use of bisphosphonates results in a decreased calcium level.
- Concomitant use of ether, halothane, d-tubocurarine, succinylcholine and decamethonium should not be used along with Ikocin Injection.
Storage and disposal of Ikocin Inj 500mg
- Store Ikocin Injection at a temperature not exceeding 30 °C in the original packaging to protect from light.
- Do not freeze. Keep it away from children.
Dosage of Ikocin Inj 500mg
Ikocin Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse thus the chances of an overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomforts or specific symptoms like hearing, renal disabilities inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of this injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare set up. However, if you have missed taking any dose of this injection, inform your doctor or nurse immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What all things should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking Ikocin Injection?
A: Give a detailed account of your medical and surgical history. Also, the doctor needs to be informed of all the prescription and non-prescription medicines, herbal preparations and nutritional supplements that you may be taking before starting Ikocin Injection.
Q: Should I take anti-inflammatory medicines with Ikocin Injection?
A: Do not use Ikocin Injection with anti-inflammatory medicines, it may increase the risk of damage in kidneys or hearing loss. Consult the doctor before taking any medication along with Ikocin Injection.
Q: Can I take vaccine while on treatment with Ikocin Injection?
A: Do not take vaccine while on treatment with Ikocin Injection unless your doctor tells you to.
Q: Can Ikocin Injection be given intramuscularly (IM)?
A: Yes, Ikocin Injection can be given intramuscularly (IM) depending on the severity of the infection. Your doctor will decide the route of administration.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 04 May 2021 | 10:25 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved