Hcqs 300mg Tablet
Hcqs 300 MG Description
HCQS 300 tablet is used to treat immune system disorders like Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and rheumatoid arthritis. It contains Hydroxychloroquine as an active ingredient. Take as suggested by
the doctor and for the duration as prescribed. Take after a meal or with a glass of milk. Do not stop taking HCQS 300 tablet abruptly. The side effects of the medicine are stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, headache and dizziness. These are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or the condition worsens, contact the doctor.
|You Save||₹27.74 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Rheumatoid arthritis, Immune disorder|
|Side effects||Stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, loss of appetite|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS|
Uses of Hcqs 300 MG
- HCQS 300 tablet is used to treat Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), an immune system disorder in which the immune system attacks its body tissues, Rheumatoid arthritis (Swelling and Pain in Joints) and skin rash because of sun exposure....
Contraindications of Hcqs 300 MG
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Hydroxychloroquine or other ingredients of the medicine.
- Avoid if you are allergic to chloroquine.
- Avoid if you suffer from an eye disease called maculopathy, characterised by visual abnormalities.
Side effects of Hcqs 300 MG
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Mood swings
- Rashes on the Skin
- Pigmentation on the skin
- Blurred vision, unable to recognise colours and other eye disorders. If this happens, immediately stop taking this medicine and inform your doctor
- Sudden severe fall in blood glucose, one may experience anxiety, sweating, hunger pangs, headaches, irritability or fainting
Precautions and Warnings of Hcqs 300 MG
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from vision disturbances or have an existing eye disorder. Before beginning treatment with the medicine, you must undergo an eye examination.
- You suffer from a sudden drop in blood sugar and unconsciousness, monitoring of blood glucose is recommended if you are a diabetic.
- You may suffer from abnormal or irregular heartbeats. The doctor shall conduct an ECG before starting treatment with the medicine, inform the doctor if you have heart disease.
- You suffer from liver or kidney diseases, you may require dose adjustment.
- You have a stomach disease.
- You suffer from swelling in the legs, breathlessness, fatigue, bloating and coughing while lying down.
- You suffer from rashes after taking the medicine.
- You have a history of an autoimmune disorder of the skin called porphyria.
- You are supposed to take the medicine for long-term treatment. You must be monitored for heart health and blood count.
- You or your family have a history of an enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
Mode of Action of Hcqs 300 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Hcqs 300 MG
- Take as suggested by the doctor.
- Swallow as a whole with a glass of water after a meal.
- Do not break, cut, or chew the tablet.
- Take at a fixed time every day for optimal results.
- It must not be taken more than what the doctor has prescribed.
Interactions of Hcqs 300 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes HCQA 300 affect the way other medicines work or vice versa if taken at the same time.
- Inform the physician about the medicines, supplements or herbals you take or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- If you are taking medications like immunosuppressants like Cyclosporin, medicines used for a muscle-related disorder like Neostigmine and Pyridostigmine, antiworm medicines, etc.
- Concomitant use of medicines like Digoxin for heart disorders with HCQS 300 tablets increases the risk of digoxin toxicity.
- You suffer from low blood sugar when taken along with insulin or other antidiabetic medicine. Inform the doctor about the diabetic medicines.
- Antacids and medicines used to stop diarrhoea must be taken with a minimum gap of four hours when used together with HCQS 300 tablet.
- There is an increased risk of an episode of fits if you take the medicine along with antimalarials like Mefloquine.
Storage and disposal of Hcqs 300 MG
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Avoid using expired or damaged medicines.
- The unused medicine must be discarded. Avoid flushing into the toilet or throwing it into the drain.
Dosage of Hcqs 300 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take HCQS 300 medicine on my own?
Q: What are the side effects of the HCQS 300 tablet?
- The side effects of the HCQS 300 tablet are a drop in blood sugar, which is dangerous. It causes heart-related side effects. It causes skin peeling, blistering known as Stevens-Johnson syndrome. It causes anaemia, low platelet count and liver enzymes being raised....
Q: What is the HCQS 300 tablet?
- HCQS 300 tablet contains Hydroxychloroquine as an active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), an immune system disorder in which the immune system attacks its body tissues. It is used to treat Rheumatoid arthritis....
Q: Is HCQS 300 tablet habit-forming?
- No, HCQS 300 tablet is not a habit-forming tendency.
Q: What should I let know my healthcare expert before taking the HCQS 300 tablet?
- Inform the physician about the detailed medical and surgical history.
- Inform the doctor if you have skin, stomach, liver or kidney disease and medical conditions.
- Inform the physician if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- HCQS 300 tablet may interact with other medicines. Inform the doctor if you take other medications, including supplements or herbal products. Inform the doctor if you are stopping a medicine.
- CDSCO. Hydroxychloroquine. [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 17 June 2021]
- Hydroxychloroquine sulfate 200mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 June 2021]
- [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 17 June 2021]