Hcqs 300mg Tablet
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
HCQS 300 tablet is used to treat immune system disorders like Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and rheumatoid arthritis. It contains Hydroxychloroquine as an active ingredient. Take as suggested by
the doctor and for the duration as prescribed. Take after a meal or with a glass of milk. Do not stop taking HCQS 300 tablet abruptly. The side effects of the medicine are stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, headache and dizziness. These are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or the condition worsens, contact the doctor....
Uses of Hcqs 300mg Tablet
- HCQS 300 tablet is used to treat Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), an immune system disorder in which the immune system attacks its body tissues, Rheumatoid arthritis (Swelling and Pain in Joints) and skin rash because of sun exposure....Read more
Contraindications of Hcqs 300mg Tablet
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Hydroxychloroquine or other ingredients of the medicine.
- Avoid if you are allergic to chloroquine.
- Avoid if you suffer from an eye disease called maculopathy, characterised by visual abnormalities.
Side effects of Hcqs 300mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Mood swings
- Rashes on the Skin
- Pigmentation on the skin
- Blurred vision, unable to recognise colours and other eye disorders. If this happens, immediately stop taking this medicine and inform your doctor
- Sudden severe fall in blood glucose, one may experience anxiety, sweating, hunger pangs, headaches, irritability or fainting
Precautions and Warnings of Hcqs 300mg Tablet
Can I take HCQS 300 tablet during pregnancy?
HCQS 300 tablets may cause harmful effects in unborn babies. Avoid during pregnancy. Consult the doctor before starting medicine if you are pregnant or you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby.
Can I take HCQS 300 tablet while breastfeeding?
Hydroxychloroquine passes in human milk. Women taking must avoid breastfeeding as newborns are sensitive to the harmful effects of the medicine. Consult the doctor before using medication while breastfeeding.
Can I drive after consuming HCQS 300 tablet?
You may suffer from vision disturbances, impaired ability to recognise objects properly and dizziness while on treatment with HCQS 300 tablet. Avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol while taking HCQS 300 tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol while taking HCQS 300 tablet as it may worsen the side effects of the medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from vision disturbances or have an existing eye disorder. Before beginning treatment with the medicine, you must undergo an eye examination.
- You suffer from a sudden drop in blood sugar and unconsciousness, monitoring of blood glucose is recommended if you are a diabetic.
- You may suffer from abnormal or irregular heartbeats. The doctor shall conduct an ECG before starting treatment with the medicine, inform the doctor if you have heart disease.
- You suffer from liver or kidney diseases, you may require dose adjustment.
- You have a stomach disease.
- You suffer from swelling in the legs, breathlessness, fatigue, bloating and coughing while lying down.
- You suffer from rashes after taking the medicine.
- You have a history of an autoimmune disorder of the skin called porphyria.
- You are supposed to take the medicine for long-term treatment. You must be monitored for heart health and blood count.
- You or your family have a history of an enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
Mode of Action of Hcqs 300mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
HCQS 300 tablet has anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory action. It inhibits the action of chemicals like prostaglandin, interleukins and other immune system modifying cells and enzymes. It relieves
pain and swelling in autoimmune diseases....
Directions for Use of Hcqs 300mg Tablet
- Take as suggested by the doctor.
- Swallow as a whole with a glass of water after a meal.
- Do not break, cut, or chew the tablet.
- Take at a fixed time every day for optimal results.
- It must not be taken more than what the doctor has prescribed.
Interactions of Hcqs 300mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes HCQA 300 affect the way other medicines work or vice versa if taken at the same time.
- Inform the physician about the medicines, supplements or herbals you take or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- If you are taking medications like immunosuppressants like Cyclosporin, medicines used for a muscle-related disorder like Neostigmine and Pyridostigmine, antiworm medicines, etc.
- Concomitant use of medicines like Digoxin for heart disorders with HCQS 300 tablets increases the risk of digoxin toxicity.
- You suffer from low blood sugar when taken along with insulin or other antidiabetic medicine. Inform the doctor about the diabetic medicines.
- Antacids and medicines used to stop diarrhoea must be taken with a minimum gap of four hours when used together with HCQS 300 tablet.
- There is an increased risk of an episode of fits if you take the medicine along with antimalarials like Mefloquine.
Storage and disposal of Hcqs 300mg Tablet
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Avoid using expired or damaged medicines.
- The unused medicine must be discarded. Avoid flushing into the toilet or throwing it into the drain.
Dosage of Hcqs 300mg Tablet
Symptoms of an overdose are headache, eyesight problems, low blood pressure, fits, irregular heartbeats, heart problems, difficulty in breathing and heart attack. If you experience the symptoms or if
you have taken too many HCQS 300 tablets, contact the doctor or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
You must never miss a dose, as it may interfere with the effect of the medicine. If you have missed taking a dose of HCQS 300 tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, s
kip the missed dose and continue with the regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take HCQS 300 medicine on my own?
A: No, HCQS 300 tablet must be taken if prescribed by the doctor. Taking the medicine through self-medication leads to harm. Before giving the medicine, the doctor shall perform an ECG to check if you have a heart ailment. The doctor will look at the other existing disorders, medicines and adjust the dose.
Q: What are the side effects of the HCQS 300 tablet?
- The side effects of the HCQS 300 tablet are a drop in blood sugar, which is dangerous. It causes heart-related side effects. It causes skin peeling, blistering known as Stevens-Johnson syndrome. It causes anaemia, low platelet count and liver enzymes being raised....Read more
Q: What is the HCQS 300 tablet?
- HCQS 300 tablet contains Hydroxychloroquine as an active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), an immune system disorder in which the immune system attacks its body tissues. It is used to treat Rheumatoid arthritis....Read more
Q: Is HCQS 300 tablet habit-forming?
- No, HCQS 300 tablet is not a habit-forming tendency.
Q: What should I let know my healthcare expert before taking the HCQS 300 tablet?
- Inform the physician about the detailed medical and surgical history.
- Inform the doctor if you have skin, stomach, liver or kidney disease and medical conditions.
- Inform the physician if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- HCQS 300 tablet may interact with other medicines. Inform the doctor if you take other medications, including supplements or herbal products. Inform the doctor if you are stopping a medicine.
- CDSCO. Hydroxychloroquine. [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 17 June 2021]
- Hydroxychloroquine sulfate 200mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 June 2021]
- [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 17 June 2021]
Last Updated on: 24 Jun 2021 | 11:16 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved