Fevastin Ampoule Of 2ml Injection
Fevastin Ampoule Of 2ml Injection Description
Fevastin injection contains paracetamol, also known as acetaminophen. It belongs to a group of medicines called analgesics (painkillers) or Antipyretic (medicines used to reduce fever). Fevastin inje
ction is used to provide temporary relief from fever, pain and aches. Paracetamol stops the release of natural chemical substance prostaglandins responsible for pain and fever. This medicine is given under medical supervision such as a nurse or a doctor. If you have liver and kidney problems, consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
|Contains||Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(150.0 Mg/Ml) + Lignocaine Hydrochloride(1.0 %W/V)|
|Uses||Fever and pain|
|Side effects||Skin rash, itching, blister|
- Febrinil L Vial Of 21ml InjectionBy Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd21ml Injection in VialMRP 95.00₹ 68.4152.96% CHEAPER₹ 3.26/Ml
Uses of Fevastin Ampoule Of 2ml Injection
Contraindications of Fevastin Ampoule Of 2ml Injection
- If you are allergic to paracetamol or any of the ingredients of Fevastin injection.
- If you are taking any other product that contains paracetamol.
Side effects of Fevastin Ampoule Of 2ml Injection
- Skin rash
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swollen face or a runny nose
Precautions and Warnings of Fevastin Ampoule Of 2ml Injection
Other General Warnings
- You have severe liver or kidney disease.
- You are taking any other medicines or products that contain paracetamol, taking too much of the same can cause liver damage.
- You are alcoholic or are suffering from chronic malnutrition.
Mode of Action of Fevastin Ampoule Of 2ml Injection
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Fevastin Ampoule Of 2ml Injection
- Fevastin injection will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self inject this medicine.
Interactions of Fevastin Ampoule Of 2ml Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat nausea or vomiting like metoclopramide or domperidone.
- Medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin.
- Medicines used to treat a bacterial infection like chloramphenicol.
Storage and disposal of Fevastin Ampoule Of 2ml Injection
- Store this medicine below 25°C.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Fevastin Ampoule Of 2ml Injection
- Your doctor or nurse will give this injection so it is unlikely that you overdose on this medicine.
- Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and stomach ache.
Missed a Dose
- You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse as to when the medicine should be given to you.
- It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using Fevastin injection?
- Be cautious if you are a patient with liver problems, kidney problems, or alcoholic, as this medicine is known to cause serious liver damage in case of overdose.
- Caution is needed in older people too.
Q: What is the use of the Fevastin injection?
Q: Is Fevastin injection safe for children?
Q: What is the composition of the Fevastin injection?
- Ofirmev [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 24 November 2021]
- Anadin- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 24 November 2021]
- Anadin- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 24 November 2021]
- Paracetamol- NCBI [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 24 November 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 24 November 2021]