Exforge 5 80mg Tab
By NOVARTIS INDIA LTD
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Exforge Tablet is an antihypertensive medicine used in the treatment of individuals with high blood pressure. Exforge Tablet contains amlodipine and valsartan as its active ingredients. It works by re
laxing the blood vessels, thereby decreasing blood pressure. It also increases the supply of oxygen and blood to the heart and decreases the workload on the heart. This medicine can be taken with or without food. Take the medicine at the same time every day for better blood pressure control along with adequate dietary and lifestyle modifications....
Uses of Exforge 5 80mg Tab
Exforge Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Exforge 5 80mg Tab
- If you are allergic to amlodipine or valsartan or any ingredients of Exforge Tablet.
- If you are pregnant or may be pregnant.
- If you have any medical conditions such as liver or kidney disease or any kind of heart disorders.
- If you have diabetes or kidney-related disorders and taking aliskiren to treat high blood pressure.
Side effects of Exforge 5 80mg Tab
- General weakness
- Swelling of hands and feet
- Puffy face
Precautions and Warnings of Exforge 5 80mg Tab
Can I take Exforge Tablet during pregnancy?
You should not take Exforge Tablet during pregnancy or if you are planning to have a baby. This medicine may harm your baby. If you become pregnant while taking this medicine, discontinue the treatment and consult your doctor immediately. Your doctor may switch you to a safer alternative.
Can I take Exforge Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of this medicine pass into the breastmilk. However, the effect of this medicine on infants is not known. Therefore, it is not recommended to breastfeed the baby if you are consuming this medicine. You must either discontinue the use of the medicine or stop breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Exforge Tablet?
This medicine may make you may experience dizziness and giddiness. These are infrequent side effects but be cautious while driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Exforge Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with this medicine. However, consuming alcohol when you have a blood pressure problem is not advisable as alcohol can lower blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have an underlying heart condition like liver or kidney-related disorder etc.
- You experience any unusual symptoms like difficulty in breathing, swelling of the face, lips.
- You have very low blood pressure.
- You have a high level of potassium in your blood serum reports.
- You have any heart disorder like narrowing of the aorta, chest pain, history of heart attack, etc.
- You have diabetes related kidney problem and taking any other hypertensive medicines like aliskiren.
- You are taking any other hypertensive medicines like aliskiren and have kidney problem due to diabetes.
Mode of Action of Exforge 5 80mg Tab
How Does It Work?
- Amlodipine works by reducing the force at which the heart muscles contract thus reducing blood pressure.
- Valsartan works by blocking angiotensin II in the body. Angiotensin II is a natural enzyme present in blood and is secreted by the kidneys. Angiotensin II plays a role in maintaining blood pressure byacting on the blood vessels and release of certain agents that control the volume of blood....Read more
Directions for Use of Exforge 5 80mg Tab
Exforge Tablet is to be taken as a whole with an adequate amount of water. This tablet can be taken with or without food. It is recommended to take the tablet at the same time every day for better blo
od pressure control....
Interactions of Exforge 5 80mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Exforge Tablet works or Exforge Tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines like pain killers, cholesterol-reducing medicines, blood thinners, water pills, anti-depressants like lithium, etc.
- You may experience an excess drop in blood pressure if you are taking other blood pressure-lowering medicine, antifungal medicines and antibiotics with the Exforge Tablet.
Interactions with food items
It is recommended to avoid foods rich in potassium like spinach, broccoli, banana, potatoes, etc. Grapefruit, apple and orange juice should be avoided for about 4 hours after taking this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Exforge 5 80mg Tab
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Exforge 5 80mg Tab
Symptoms of an overdose may include irregular heartbeats, dizziness, kidney failure and sometimes shock. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit
the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Do not miss a dose of this medicine is it may lead to a rise in blood pressure. If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, th
en skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one...
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with the doctor before taking Exforge Tablet?
A: Tell your doctor if you have ever suffered from heart or liver disease or if you are a known case of heart failure. It is essential to mention it to your doctor if you are pregnant, are planning to be pregnant or are breastfeeding. Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are already taking before starting the treatment.
Q: Can Exforge Tablet be taken on an empty stomach?
A: Yes, this medicine can be taken with or without food.
Q: Can I stop taking Exforge Tablet after blood pressure comes to normal?
A: No, do not stop taking Exforge Tablet suddenly as it may result in chest pain or a sudden rise in blood pressure.
Q: When should I take Exforge Tablet?
A: Take Exforge Tablet as prescribed by your doctor for the prescribed duration. You can take this medicine with or without food, but preferably in the daytime and also at a fixed time to gain optimal benefits.
Last Updated on: 19 Jun 2021 | 06:54 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved