Esolyst D Strip Of 10 Capsules
Esolyst D Strip Of 10 Capsules Description
Esolyst D Capsule is an anti-reflux medicine used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), does not respond to esomeprazole medication alone. GERD occurs due to acid reflux (burning pain or d
iscomfort in the chest). It contains domperidone and esomeprazole. It works by reducing the production of digestive acids in the stomach and increasing the motility of the stomach and intestines thus acid does not reflux back into the food pipe. Esolyst D Capsule should be taken at least an hour before the meal as prescribed by your doctor. While taking this medicine avoid consuming food that can increase your acidity, avoid lying down after a meal and take your last meal at least two hours before your bedtime.
|You Save||₹22.20 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Domperidone(30.0 Mg) + Esomeprazole(40.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Acidity, heartburn, GERD|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain|
|Therapy||ANTACID AND ANTI-EMETIC|
- Esmetru D Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 85.00₹ 65.45₹
- Esomefol Dsr CapsuleBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 95.00₹ 80.75₹
- Esomifyl Dsr Capsule 10 No'sBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 90.00₹ 90.00₹
- Esomac D 40mg CapsuleBy Cipla Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 177.15₹ 150.58₹
- Esobiz Dsr Capsule 10'sBy Alniche Lifesciences Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 135.00₹ 135.00₹
- Esoz D 40mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Integrace Pvt Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 306.00₹ 260.10₹
- S Rd Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Blue Cross Laboratories Private Limited15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 71.00₹ 60.35₹
- Miokool Dsr Capsule 10'sBy Miotic Pharma10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 129.00₹ 129.00₹
- Esofic D Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Gufic Biosciences Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 119.90₹ 101.91₹
- Esojaa Rd Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Medsafe Pharmaceuticals Pvt.ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 140.00₹ 119.00₹
Uses of Esolyst D Strip Of 10 Capsules
Contraindications of Esolyst D Strip Of 10 Capsules
- If you are allergic to esomeprazole or domperidone or any other ingredients of Esolyst D Capsule.
- If you are taking any medicine which might affect the contraction of the heart muscle (QT prolongation).
- If you have a blockage or tear in the intestine or bleeding in the digestive system.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder.
- If you have severe heart problems such as congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte imbalance.
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you are taking medicines such as nelfinavir (used in HIV infection), clarithromycin (antibiotic), ketoconazole (antifungal) or verapamil (used in high blood pressure and chest pain)
Side effects of Esolyst D Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Esolyst D Strip Of 10 Capsules
Other General Warnings
- You have liver and kidney-related diseases.
- You experience stomach pain or indigestion, weight loss, have problems while swallowing, vomit out food or blood after taking Esolyst D Capsule.
- You suffer from black stools or have a stomach tumour.
- You suffer from fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- You suffer from heart problems and associated symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing, and unconsciousness.
- You are taking the capsules for long-term treatment (more than three months), the blood magnesium levels may decrease. The doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- You develop skin lesions when sun-exposed area after taking the medicine.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12. The medicine reduces the absorption of vitamin B12 after long term use. Supplements may be needed.
- Taking Esolyst D Capsules for more than one year may increase the chances of bone fractures.
- It may lead to an increased risk of bacterial infections due to Salmonella and Campylobacter.
Mode of Action of Esolyst D Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
- Esolyst D Capsule works by combined action of its two ingredients. Esomeprazole works by reducing the acid production in stomach by blocking a pump called proton pump present on stomach wall and responsible for acid production....
- Domperidone acts by increasing the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Esolyst D Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions of Esolyst D Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Esolyst D Capsule works or this Capsule itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Especially if you are taking medicines like rilpivirine (Anti-HIV medications), disopyramide (for irregular heart beats), medicines for mental problems, antibiotics, antifungals, medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin, blood thinners, etc....
- Concomitant use of this capsule with medicines used to treat psychiatric illness (diazepam), used to treat fits (phenytoin) is not recommended as it may increase the side effects of the medicines.
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine.
- If you are taking warfarin (blood-thinner) along with this medicine, caution is needed as there are chances of increased bleeding.