Eltroxin 75mcg Bottle Of 60 Tablets
Eltroxin 75 MCG Description
Eltroxin Tablet is used for the treatment of Hypothyroidism. It contains Levothyroxine as its active component. It is a synthetic form of a naturally occurring hormone known as Thyroxine produced by
the thyroid gland. Hypothyroidism is a condition where the thyroid gland stops producing sufficient thyroid hormones. It is noticeable and characterized by lethargy, feeling tired, weight gain, constipation, muscle pain, hair loss, increased sensitivity to cold, feeling low and irregular menstrual cycle. This medicine should be used with care and caution in elder patients, patients with heart diseases and patients with disorders related to the adrenal gland. The dose and the duration should be strictly followed as recommended by the doctor. In case of any allergic reactions or any severe side effects contact your doctor as soon as possible.
|You Save||₹13.43 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Increased appetite, hair loss, weight variations, headache, vomiting|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR HYPOTHYROIDISM|
- Thyroxinol 75mcg Bottle Of 120 TabletsBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd120 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 193.05₹ 77.2249.61% CHEAPER₹ 0.64/Tablet
- Thyroup 75mcg Bottle Of 120 TabletsBy Lupin120 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 172.03₹ 146.233.94% CHEAPER₹ 1.22/Tablet
- Lethyrox 75mcg Bottle Of 100 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd100 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 143.36₹ 121.863.94% CHEAPER₹ 1.22/Tablet
Uses of Eltroxin 75 MCG
Contraindications of Eltroxin 75 MCG
- If you are allergic to Levothyroxine or any ingredients used in Eltroxin Tablet.
- If you have any disorders that are related to the adrenal glands.
- If you have a condition of Thyrotoxicosis (excess of thyroid hormone in the bloodstream).
Side effects of Eltroxin 75 MCG
- Increased appetite
- Hair loss
- Weight variations
- Changes in the menstrual cycle
- Sensitivity to heat
- Mood swings
Precautions and Warnings of Eltroxin 75 MCG
- Eltroxin Tablet can be taken during pregnancy. A pregnant woman might require a higher dose of this particular medicine. If hypothyroidism is detected in between pregnancy, it is important to immediately start the treatment with thyroxine after consulting your doctor. ...
- Low levels of thyroid hormone in the mother can lead to birth defects in the baby or can even cause miscarriage. Regular monitoring of TSH levels is recommended.
Other General Warnings
- You are an elderly patient (more than 50 years of age) and have existing heart disorders.
- You have a hormone-related disorder called Panhypopituitarism.
- You come across heart-related disorders such as high blood pressure, angina, heart failure, irregular heart rhythm, etc.
- Care is required for patients with diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus and epilepsy or seizures.
- Children may experience hair loss after initiation of the therapy with Eltroxin Tablet which is usually reversible.
- Special care should be provided while giving Eltroxin Tablet to children with low birth weight and who are premature.
Mode of Action of Eltroxin 75 MCG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Eltroxin 75 MCG
- Take Eltroxin Tablet on an empty stomach.
- Consume this medicine as a whole with an adequate amount of water.
- Do not stop consuming this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Eltroxin 75 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Eltroxin Tablet or Eltroxin Tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always keep in touch with your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are going through for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are taking certain medications like antipsychotic medicines, anti-epileptic medicines like Phenytoin, oral contraceptives. etc.
- Dose adjustment of anti-diabetic medicines, blood thinners and medicines used for treating heart failure is required on the simultaneous use of Eltroxin Tablet. Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines from this class....
- Antacids, anti-ulcer medicines, iron preparations and other preparations used to reduce cholesterol levels such as Cholestyramine should be used with a minimum gap of 4-5 hours with Eltroxin Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Dosage of Eltroxin 75 MCG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Ravi Kakarla
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am a diabetic patient. Can I take Eltroxin Tablet?
Q: Can I take Eltroxin Tablet to lose weight?
Q: Can Eltroxin Tablet and Esomoprazole be taken together?
Q: Can I take Eltroxin Tablet after breakfast?
- Eltroxin 100mcg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- Eltroxin 100mcg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- LEVO-T [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- Levothyroxine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]