Dozon L Capsules
Dozon L Capsules Description
Dozon L Capsules is an anti-reflux medicine that is used for the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD). It is a condition in which acid from the stomach comes up to the food pipe, caus
ing heartburn, acidity, etc. This is a combination of rabeprazole sodium and levosulpiride as active ingredients. Along with this medicine you need to make a slight change in your daily routine including less oily and spicy food, quit alcohol and smoke, gentle regular exercise etc. for best results.
Uses of Dozon L Capsules
Contraindications of Dozon L Capsules
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have a history of fits or Parkinson's disease.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Dozon L Capsules
- Stomach discomfort
- Back pain
Precautions and Warnings of Dozon L Capsules
Other General Warnings
- You have a known allergy to this medicine or any other medicine.
- You have any underlying medical conditions such as liver or kidney related problem, blood disorder, stomach tumor etc.
- You have history of osteoporosis. Prolonged treatment of more than a year can increase risk of fracture and low levels of vitamin B12. If you are on long term treatment, follow up with your doctor regularly. ...
- You experience frequent diarrhoea, fever or have a skin reaction after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Dozon L Capsules
How Does It Work?
- Rabeprazole blocks the secretion of acid in the stomach by acting on a pump called the proton pump in the stomach and is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids.
- Levosulpiride increases the motility of the stomach and intestine so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Dozon L Capsules
- Take this medicine as directed by your physician.
- It should be taken before food.
Interactions of Dozon L Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Dozon L Capsules may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking.
- Especially, if you are taking anti-fungal medicines, anti-HIV medicines, or medicines for brain and heart-related disorders etc.
- Antacids & medicines used to treat ulcer-like sucralfate should be taken with at least 2 hours of gap.
Storage and disposal of Dozon L Capsules
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Keep it in a cool and dry place and out of the reach of children.
- Store it in a tightly closed container.
Dosage of Dozon L Capsules
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take alcohol during the treatment?
Q: I get recurring acidity, what should I do to avoid it?
- Avoid spicy, oily food
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake as these are known to worsen the reflux
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks, soda as the carbon dioxide gas in these is known to aggravate acid reflux
- Reduce chocolate, mint intake
- Some medicines are known to increase the acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers, Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for long duration.