Dotafac M Tablet
Dotafac M Tablet Description
Dotafac M Tablet is used to provide relief from muscle spasms and pain associated with various conditions. It is a combination of medicine containing drotaverine and mefenamic acid as an active ingre
dient. This medicine works by the combined action of both ingredients. Drotaverine is an anti-spasmodic medicine that helps in relieving spasms, and mefenamic acid has anti-inflammatory that helps to relieve pain. You should not take this medicine if you recently had a heart attack, before bypass surgery of heart or if you have or ever had an ulcer in the stomach or intestine. Taking this medicine longer than the prescribed duration or taking it too often may cause undesirable effects. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor. You should take a Dotafac M Tablet with meals to reduce stomach upset.
- Lysospas TabletBy Cachet Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 104.50₹ 104.50₹
- Tame D TabletBy Elan Pharma(india) Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 110.00₹ 110.00₹
- Drotikind M Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 93.50₹ 80.41₹
- Drotin M Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Walter Bushnell Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 193.69₹ 164.64₹
- Drofem Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 65.00₹ 55.90₹
Uses of Dotafac M Tablet
Contraindications of Dotafac M Tablet
- If you are allergic to mefenamic acid, drotaverine or any of the ingredients of Dotafac M Tablet.
- If you have a kidney or liver function problem, history of asthma or stomach or intestinal ulcers.
- If you have any blood-related disorders like unusual bleeding and porphyria (related to haemoglobin function).
- If you had a heart attack recently, undergoing a coronary artery bypass graft. Do not take this medicine right before the surgery or after the surgery without consulting a doctor.
Side effects of Dotafac M Tablet
- Dryness in mouth
- Thirsty feeling
Precautions and Warnings of Dotafac M Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You are an elderly person, the chances of getting side effects are more.
- You have a history of any kind of respiratory disorders like asthma.
- You have a liver or kidney function problem.
- You are suffering from fits, tremors or epilepsy.
- You have a heart-related problem or high blood pressure.
- You have a history of heart failure or such episodes.
- You are suffering from ulcers or bleeding in the stomach or intestine.
- You experience allergic reactions upon consumption of Dotafac M.
- Women may experience infertility. Thus, women who are trying to conceive or taking any fertility treatment should avoid consuming this medicine.
Mode of Action of Dotafac M Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Pain and spasm are experienced due to the production of an inflammatory mediator called prostaglandin and due to reduced calcium levels. Dotafac M helps in relieving such symptoms due to the combined action of its constituents....
- Drotaverine acts by inhibiting an enzyme which reduces calcium uptake by the cells, thereby correcting the calcium levels in the body it reduces the spasms in the smooth muscles. Mefenamic acid inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins which is responsible for pain....
Directions for Use of Dotafac M Tablet
Interactions of Dotafac M Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Dotafac M works or Dotafac M itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat blood pressure like Aliskiren, Captopril and Valsartan should be avoided.
- Blood thinners such as Warfarin should be used cautiously with Dotafac M as there is increased risk of bleeding.
- Dotafac M should not be taken along with other pain killers or analgesic medicines.
- Dotafac M can aggravate the blood-glucose-lowering action of anti-diabetic medicines, and you may experience symptoms of low blood sugar.
- Water pills, Cyclosporin, and Tacrolimus if taken along with Dotafac M can increase the risk of toxicity to kidneys.
- There is an increased risk of bleeding and ulceration if Dotafac M is taken along with steroids and certain medicines used for mental illness.
- Other medicines like Prednisone, Methotrexate, Fluconazole, Zidovudine, Digoxin, Probenecid, and certain antibiotics should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Dotafac M Tablet
- Store at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Dotafac M Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take after taking this medicine?
Q: Can Dotafac M be used for menstrual cramps?
Q: Can I take Dotafac M while breastfeeding?
Q: Can we take Dotafac M in an empty stomach?
Q: How long does it take for Dotafac M to show its effect?
Q: How many times Dotafac M can be taken in a day?
- Drotaverine: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Drugbank.ca. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Ponstan Capsules 250mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Drotaverine HCL-Mefenamic Acid-DROTAFIX Tablet [Internet]. Bionova.co.in. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Ponstan Capsules 250mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]