Dosetil 0.05% Lotion 30ml
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
30ml Lotion in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dosetil Lotion helps to relieve the redness, itching, swelling caused due to the inflammatory reaction at the affected part of the body. It contains desonide as its active ingredient. It is not recommended for children below 18 years of age as excessive use of this cream may lead to decreased and abnormal growth in children. This cream is recommended for external use only and for a span of short duration as recommended by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are diabetic as this cream affects your blood sugar levels. Long term use may lead to a condition of excessive cortisol in the body with undesirable reactions like swelling on the face, thinning of the skin, weakness, etc. Inform your doctor about all your medical conditions and medication before starting treatment with this cream, avoid self-medication....
|You Save||₹27.54 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Skin inflammation and itching|
|Side effects||Stinging, burning, irritation, peeling, dryness, itching sensation on the skin|
Check more medicines with composition as Desonide(0.05 %)
Uses of Dosetil 0.05 %
It provides symptomatic relief in certain skin conditions like scaly rashes (eczema) or other condition characterised by red, scaly patches form on some areas of the body (psoriasis) and general skin inflammation (Dermatitis)....
Contraindications of Dosetil 0.05 %
If you are allergic to the active component or any other inactive component in Dosetil Lotion.
Side effects of Dosetil 0.05 %
- Stinging, burning, irritation, peeling, dryness and itching sensation on the skin.
- Redness of the skin.
- Acne and/or tiny red bumps or rash around the mouth.
- Small white or red bumps on the skin.
- Skin discolouration.
- There are some side effects that are rare but may require a doctor's attention, severe skin rash, redness, pus formation and pain.
Precautions and Warnings of Dosetil 0.05 %
Can I use Dosetil Lotion during pregnancy?
This medicine Dosetil Lotion is not advised to be used during pregnancy as it may have potential harmful effects on the developing foetus.
Can I use Dosetil Lotion while breastfeeding?
It is safe to use Dosetil Lotion locally during breastfeeding but in smaller quantities and for the exact duration of time. You should take care that the newborn does not come directly in contact with the area in which cream is applied as it has undesirable effects on the newborn. It should not be applied to the breast of breastfeeding mothers as it might enter the newborn's body during feeding. Consult your doctor before using it.
Can I drive if I have used Dosetil Lotion?
It is safe to drive while applying this medicine, as this medicine is to be applied locally, it has shown no interference with the ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol while using Dosetil Lotion?
Alcohol is not seen to be interfering with the action of this medicine. However, it is important to talk to your doctor before consuming alcohol while applying this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant or are planning for a pregnancy.
- You are breastfeeding/lactating.
- You are planning for any surgery.
- You are allergic to any active or other ingredients in the cream.
- You are suffering from diabetes and are taking medicines for the same.
- You have any kind of underlying medical condition like Liver related disease or high levels of the hormone cortisol, etc.
- You notice the development of purple, red or brown skin blotches as prolonged use of this cream can lead to a type of skin cancer known as Kaposi's sarcoma which shows the symptoms as mentioned.
Mode of Action of Dosetil 0.05 %
How Does It Work?
Desonide, the active ingredient in Dosetil Lotion works by blocking the substances in the body that cause an inflammatory response, thereby relieving symptoms like redness, itching, swelling and irritation...
Directions for Use of Dosetil 0.05 %
- Use this medicine as directed by your doctor.
- For external use only, apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Dosetil 0.05 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use with medicines used to treat high blood sugar levels (Diabetes) should be done under expert guidance with caution as the active ingredient desonide gets absorbed into the body it is known to increase the blood sugar levels by decreasing the action of insulin....
- This medicine should be used with caution if you are on the following medication oral corticosteroids (e.g., prednisone), other topical corticosteroids (e.g., hydrocortisone), drugs that suppress the immune system (e.g., cyclosporine) as it may worsen the effects of Dosetil Lotion....
- Since this cream is to be used externally on the skin it is less likely to interact with other medicines.
- However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
Storage and disposal of Dosetil 0.05 %
Store Dosetil Lotion at room temperature (10-30°C) in a dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep the bottle or tube tightly closed when not in use. Keep it away from children and pets....
Dosage of Dosetil 0.05 %
- High dose or long term use may make your skin thin, easy to bruise, hormonal changes like increased facial hair, acne, menstrual problems and loss of interest in sexual activity in some cases.
- As this cream is meant for external application cases of an overdose are unlikely.
- However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of it wipe out the excess of the medicine with a tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Dosetil Lotion, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this medicine just to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Dosetil Lotion be used for fungal infections?
A: Dosetil Lotion belongs to the class of Topical corticosteroids that is anti-inflammatory in nature which works to relieve pain, itching, redness, swelling occurring during various skin infections. While an antifungal agent is required to treat fungal infections. Consult your doctor before use. Avoid self-medication.
Q: Can Dosetil Lotion treat acne?
A: Dosetil Lotion is essentially used for relieving the inflammatory reaction causing redness, itching and swelling in skin infections. It may be used in combination with other anti-acne active ingredients mostly to tackle inflammation and redness. Singly, this cream is known to flare up acne in some people.
Q: Can Dosetil Lotion treat ringworm infections?
A: Dosetil Lotion cannot be used to treat ringworm infections.
Q: Is Desonide the same as Hydrocortisone?
A: No, they are chemically different even though both treat inflammation and itching caused by skin infections, desonide is a mild applicant while hydrocortisone is strong in nature and can be used to treat severe infections. consult your doctor before use, avoid self-medication.
Q: Can Desonide be used for insect bites?
A: Desonide may provide relief from the swelling, itching and redness caused after an insect bite, nevertheless please consult your doctor before administration. Avoid self-treatment.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
- DESONIDE cream DESONIDE ointment [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
- Drugs H. Desonide Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
- Desonide topical Uses, Side Effects & Warnings - Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
- Desonide [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
Country of Origin
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.