Dompan Forte Tablet
Dompan Forte Tablet Description
Dompan Forte tablet is used for the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD). In this condition, the acidic contents from the stomach flow back into the food pipe causing a burning sensati
on and discomfort in the upper abdomen. It is a combination medicine containing pantoprazole and domperidone. It helps in relieving symptoms of acid reflux disease such as heartburn, chest pain, burning sensation and regurgitation of sour liquid or food to the mouth. Dompan Forte tablet should not be used for prolonged duration and should not be used by individuals suffering from any liver impairment. Before using the Dompan Forte tablet, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
Uses of Dompan Forte Tablet
Contraindications of Dompan Forte Tablet
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole, domperidone or any of the ingredients of Dompan Forte tablet.
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems or salt imbalance.
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland (prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you have stomach or intestinal bleeding or obstruction.
- If you are taking any product containing Rilpivirine.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney problems.
Side effects of Dompan Forte Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Dompan Forte Tablet
- You should consult your doctor before using the Dompan Forte tablet as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks....
- Dompan Forte tablet passes into the breastmilk in small amounts, thus consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding. After assessing the benefits over risks, your doctor might change the medicine or ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby....
Other General Warnings
- You develop watery diarrhoea or fever after taking Dompan Forte tablet.
- You experience black stools.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You are taking medicines to treat an infection or you have HIV.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- You need to go through a regular checkup if you are taking this medicine since last one year.
- You have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems and electrolyte imbalance.
- You are on Dompan Forte tablet for a long time. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- On exposure to the sun, you get a rash on your skin, stop your treatment and inform your doctor as soon as you can.
- Taking Dompan Forte tablet for more than one year may increase chances of developing bone fractures.
Mode of Action of Dompan Forte Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Dompan Forte tablet works by the combined action of Pantoprazole and Domperidone.
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids.
- Pantoprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells. Thus, it blocks acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of stomach, intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Dompan Forte Tablet
Interactions of Dompan Forte Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Dompan Forte tablet contains pantoprazole and domperidone. Any interactions seen with these two components, when taken alone, may occur with this combination.
- Medicines used to treat HIV infection like Atazanavir.
- Medicines used to thin the blood like Warfarin.
- Do not take this medicine along with Methotrexate.
- Medicines used to treat fungal infections like Ketoconazole, Itraconazole and Posaconazole.
- Medicines used to treat infections (antibiotics) like Erythromycin.
- Medicines used to treat heart diseases or medicines that may affect your heart.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Dompan Forte Tablet
- Store Dompan Forte tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Dompan Forte Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it advisable to use Dompan Forte tablet throughout pregnancy?
Q: What food items should be avoided while taking Dompan Forte tablet?
Q: Can Dompan Forte tablet be taken during periods?
Q: When should Dompan Forte tablet be taken?
- PANSEC DSR Capsules (Pantoprazole Gastro-resistant + Domperidone Prolonged-release) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- Pantoprazole (Oral Route) Side Effects - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- PANTOPRAZOLE SODIUM- pantoprazole sodium tablet, delayed release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- CDSCO. Pantoprazole/Domperidone [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- Pantoprazole 40 mg gastro-resistant tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- Domperidone Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]