Dompan Forte Tablet
By MEDLEY PHARMACEUTICAL PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dompan Forte tablet is used for the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD). In this condition, the acidic contents from the stomach flow back into the food pipe causing a burning sensatio
n and discomfort in the upper abdomen. It is a combination medicine containing pantoprazole and domperidone. It helps in relieving symptoms of acid reflux disease such as heartburn, chest pain, burning sensation and regurgitation of sour liquid or food to the mouth. Dompan Forte tablet should not be used for prolonged duration and should not be used by individuals suffering from any liver impairment. Before using the Dompan Forte tablet, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed....
Uses of Dompan Forte Tablet
Dompan Forte tablet is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease, not responding to Pantoprazole alone. This condition leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, c
ausing heartburn, chest discomfort or acidity....
Contraindications of Dompan Forte Tablet
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole, domperidone or any of the ingredients of Dompan Forte tablet.
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems or salt imbalance.
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland (prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you have stomach or intestinal bleeding or obstruction.
- If you are taking any product containing Rilpivirine.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney problems.
Side effects of Dompan Forte Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Dompan Forte Tablet
Can I take Dompan Forte tablet during pregnancy?
- You should consult your doctor before using the Dompan Forte tablet as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks....Read more
Can I take Dompan Forte tablet while breastfeeding?
- Dompan Forte tablet passes into the breastmilk in small amounts, thus consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding. After assessing the benefits over risks, your doctor might change the medicine or ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby....Read more
Can I drive if I have consumed Dompan Forte tablet?
If you experience headache, dizziness, drowsiness and visual disturbances like blurred vision, it is advisable not to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Dompan Forte tablet?
There is no interaction reported between Dompan Forte tablet and alcohol. However, alcohol is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop watery diarrhoea or fever after taking Dompan Forte tablet.
- You experience black stools.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You are taking medicines to treat an infection or you have HIV.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- You need to go through a regular checkup if you are taking this medicine since last one year.
- You have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems and electrolyte imbalance.
- You are on Dompan Forte tablet for a long time. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- On exposure to the sun, you get a rash on your skin, stop your treatment and inform your doctor as soon as you can.
- Taking Dompan Forte tablet for more than one year may increase chances of developing bone fractures.
Mode of Action of Dompan Forte Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Dompan Forte tablet works by the combined action of Pantoprazole and Domperidone.
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids.
- Pantoprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells. Thus, it blocks acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of stomach, intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Dompan Forte Tablet
Dompan Forte tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should preferably be taken in the morning before food
. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Dompan Forte Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Dompan Forte tablet contains pantoprazole and domperidone. Any interactions seen with these two components, when taken alone, may occur with this combination.
- Medicines used to treat HIV infection like Atazanavir.
- Medicines used to thin the blood like Warfarin.
- Do not take this medicine along with Methotrexate.
- Medicines used to treat fungal infections like Ketoconazole, Itraconazole and Posaconazole.
- Medicines used to treat infections (antibiotics) like Erythromycin.
- Medicines used to treat heart diseases or medicines that may affect your heart.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Interactions with food items
Dompan Forte tablet should be taken on an empty stomach. There are no known interactions with food or beverages. However, nicotine, caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) and alcohol can stimulate
stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process....
Storage and disposal of Dompan Forte Tablet
- Store Dompan Forte tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Dompan Forte Tablet
Symptoms of overdose may lead to uncontrolled muscle movements, aggression, fits, sleepiness, slurred speech, anxiety, etc. Seek urgent medical help if you think you have taken too much of Dompan Fort
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Dompan Forte tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a doub
le dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it advisable to use Dompan Forte tablet throughout pregnancy?
A: Dompan Forte tablet is usually not recommended during pregnancy as there's no firm evidence of its safety in pregnancy. Consult a doctor before taking any medicine during pregnancy.
Q: What food items should be avoided while taking Dompan Forte tablet?
A: Avoid consuming spicy and oily food. Also, limit the consumption of alcohol and avoid smoking while on treatment with Dompan Forte tablet.
Q: Can Dompan Forte tablet be taken during periods?
A: Yes, Dompan Forte tablet can be consumed during menstrual periods.
Q: When should Dompan Forte tablet be taken?
A: It is recommended to take Dompan Forte tablet one hour before your first meal of the day, on an empty stomach. Take the tablet with a glass of water.
- PANSEC DSR Capsules (Pantoprazole Gastro-resistant + Domperidone Prolonged-release) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- Pantoprazole (Oral Route) Side Effects - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- PANTOPRAZOLE SODIUM- pantoprazole sodium tablet, delayed release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- CDSCO. Pantoprazole/Domperidone [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- Pantoprazole 40 mg gastro-resistant tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- Domperidone Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
Last Updated on: 18 Jul 2021 | 07:30 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved