Divaa Od 125mg Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Divaa-OD 125 Tablet contains Divalproex; it is an anti-epileptic tablet used in the treatment of epilepsy. This medicine should be swallowed whole with sufficient water, do not chew, break, or crush the medicine. You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to Divalproex or have liver problems or an infection of the pancreas. Do not use it if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Uses of Divaa Od 125mg Tablet
- For the treatment of fits (or seizures disorders) and to prevent migraine, and headache
Contraindications of Divaa Od 125mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Divalproex or any other ingredient of this medicine
- If you have urea cycle disorders
- If you have a liver problem
Side effects of Divaa Od 125mg Tablet
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain, indigestion, weight loss
- Blood disorders like low platelet count, skin discolouration due to underneath bleeding
- Weight gain, swelling, laziness
- Fits, sleepiness, lack of sleep, dizziness, nervousness, memory loss, uncontrolled eye movements
- A respiratory infection like swelling in the pharynx, shortness of breath
- Hair loss, blurred vision, ringing sound in ears
Precautions and Warnings of Divaa Od 125mg Tablet
Can I take Divaa-OD 125 Tablet during pregnancy?
Pregnant women should not take Divaa-OD tablet as it is unsafe during pregnancy. If you are a woman of childbearing age, you should discuss with your physician about the importance of birth control methods and potential hazards to the unborn baby as it may cause harm to the fetus and may cause birth defects of the brain, spine, or spinal cord.
Can I take Divaa-OD 125 Tablet while breastfeeding?
Contents of Divaa-OD tablet passes into the breastmilk of a nursing mother. Hence it is recommended to be cautious while nursing during the therapy.
Can I drive if I have consumed Divaa-OD 125 Tablet?
Divaa-OD tablet may cause drowsiness and dizziness. So if you feel such signs after taking this medicine, be cautious while driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Divaa-OD 125 Tablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment as it may cause more dizziness and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from a liver problem; also, there are chances of a liver problem during the first 6 months of treatment. So the doctor may suggest liver function tests regularly.
- You are pregnant or a woman of childbearing age, as it may harm the fetus and may cause birth defects of the brain, spine, or spinal cord. So it is advised to use proper contraceptive measures during the treatment.read less
- You are suffering from pancreas problem like swelling or inflammation in the pancreas.
- You may have thoughts of suicide, unusual changes in mood or behaviour, worsening of depression.
- You may have increased liver enzymes or low level of platelets in blood count.
- You may experience unusual laziness, vomiting or changes in mood status, (due to excess ammonia in the blood) and dangerously low body temperature, on concomitant use of Topiramate and Valproate.
- You may have Multi-organ hypersensitivity reactions, and symptoms include fever, rashes, urge to scratch, joint pain, lack of energy, etc., a doctor will discontinue the medicine immediately.
- Elderly persons may feel more sleepy during treatment.
Mode of Action of Divaa Od 125mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Fits are caused due to increased, uninterrupted signals or activity in the brain. This medicine will control seizures by controlling the increased activity and restoring certain natural substances (neurotransmitters) in the brain.
Directions for Use of Divaa Od 125mg Tablet
- Take Divaa-OD tablet as prescribed by your doctor
- Do not stop the medicine on your own
Interactions of Divaa Od 125mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Few medicines may interfere with the level of this medicine in blood serum, like medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy- Phenytoin, Carbamazepine, Primidone, Phenobarbital, Rifampin, Felbamate etc.
- Concomitant use of few medicines like aspirin as a painkiller, carbapenem antibiotics to treat an infection like Ertapenem, Imipenem, Meropenem, hormonal contraceptives, require more caution during treatment.read less
- Other medicines are Diazepam, Amitriptyline, Nortriptyline, Clonazepam to treat psychiatric disorders, Ethosuximide, lamotrigine, Phenytoin to treat fits/epilepsy, should be used with caution on concomitant use.read less
- Concomitant use of Topiramate with Valproate can cause a drastic decrease in body temperature and excess of ammonia in blood serum.
Storage and disposal of Divaa Od 125mg Tablet
- Store Divaa-OD tablet below 30°C
- Keep it in original packing and away from the reach of children
Dosage of Divaa Od 125mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose of Divaa-OD tablet include sleepiness, heart block, deep coma etc. If you think you have taken an excessive dose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Divaa-OD tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the precautions that are required to be taken by a person suffering from epilepsy or seizures?
- Have plenty of sleep in the night. Stick to a schedule for eating, working and sleeping.
- Do not stress yourself. Be relaxed. Inform people around you and carry some identity with a description of your condition.
- Drinking plenty of water reduces the frequency of seizures.
- Avoid foods like chocolates, sweets, cold drinks, salt and spices.
- Keep doors unlocked from inside. Avoid glass doors and windows.
- Use showers in the bathrooms. Do not use appliances like water heaters directly.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol.
Q: For how long do I need to take Divaa-OD tablet?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage duration by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, it may decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 02:47 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved