Dilnip 5mg Tablet
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dilnip Tablet contains Cilnidipine as its active ingredient. It is an antihypertensive medicine used for high blood pressure (hypertension). Cilnidipine works by relaxing the blood vessels, thus reduc
ing the pressure on the heart muscles. It is known as calcium channel blocker medicine. You should follow dietary changes, restrict salt intake and stay active, along with this medicine to gain optimum effect. While starting this medicine you may experience dizziness, headache for the initial few days, later it might resolve on its own. Always take this medicine as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration. Abrupt stopping will result in serious health consequences such as sudden chest pain, irregular heartbeat characterized as hypertensive crisis....
Uses of Dilnip 5mg Tablet
Dilnip Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension).
Contraindications of Dilnip 5mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Cilnidipine or any of the ingredient of Dilnip Tablet.
- If you have unstable chest pain.
- If you recently had a heart attack.
- If you experience low blood pressure.
- If you have a condition where the valve between left ventricle and aorta is narrow (Aortic stenosis).
Side effects of Dilnip 5mg Tablet
- Swelling on legs
- Lack of energy
- Muscular pain
- Increased frequency of urination
- Irregular heartbeat
- Hot flushes (warmth feeling over face, neck and chest)
Precautions and Warnings of Dilnip 5mg Tablet
Can I take Dilnip Tablet during pregnancy?
There limited data available about the safe of use Dilnip Tablet during pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine, if there is no safe alternative, after assessing the need and benefit. Please inform your doctor if you happen to become pregnant while you are taking this medicine.
Can I take Dilnip Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of Dilnip Tablet on breastfeeding. Thus, it is recommended to avoid this medicine, unless prescribed by your doctor after considering it to be safe and necessary.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dilnip Tablet?
It is advised to avoid driving when on Dilnip Tablet as it causes sleepiness and drowsiness while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Dilnip Tablet?
Consumption of alcohol with Dilnip Tablet may cause a decrease in blood pressure so avoid alcohol while using this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have low blood pressure (hypotension).
- You had heart failure.
- You feel chest pain after taking this medicine.
- You feel dizziness while getting up.
Mode of Action of Dilnip 5mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Dilnip Tablet acts by relaxing the blood vessels and improves the blood flow, hence reduces stress on the heart and lowers blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Dilnip 5mg Tablet
Dilnip Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your docto
Interactions of Dilnip 5mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis (Rifampicin).
- Medicines used to treat schizophrenia (antipsychotic).
- Medicines used to treat fits (epilepsy), like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine.
- Medicines used to treat heart conditions (Quinidine).
- Medicines used to treat some cancers (Aldesleukin).
- Antibiotics like Erythromycin.
- Any other medicines used to treat hypertension (antihypertensive).
Storage and disposal of Dilnip 5mg Tablet
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from, heat and light.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Check the expiry date before taking the medicine and do not use the medicine after the expiry date.
Dosage of Dilnip 5mg Tablet
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before taking Dilnip Tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history
- Inform your doctor if you have any liver or kidney disease
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby
Q: Can I stop the medication of Dilnip Tablet if I feel better?
A: No, you should not stop taking Dilnip Tablet all of a sudden on your own, as this may cause chest pain or heart problems. If you are not able to tolerate this medicine, contact your doctor and explain the same. Your doctor will gradually decrease the dose and stop this medicine and shift you to another medication if he or she perceives it appropriate.
Q: When should I take Dilnip Tablet?
A: Take Dilnip Tablet as prescribed by your doctor for the prescribed duration. You can take this medicine with or without food, but preferably at day time and also at a fixed time to gain optimal benefit.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 31 Mar 2021 | 05:47 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved