Dianorm 40mg Tablet
By MICRO LABS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The composition of Dianorm 40mg Tab is gliclazide, which helps in lowering blood sugar levels. It is used to treat diabetes mellitus.
Uses of Dianorm 40mg Tab
Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Contraindications of Dianorm 40mg Tab
- Hypersensitivity or allergy to the medicine or other sulfonylureas or sulfonamides
- Type 1 diabetes
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
- Severe kidney or liver disease
- Pregnancy and breastfeedinng
Side effects of Dianorm 40mg Tab
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level that causes fainting, sweating and giddiness)
- Headache, nausea, diarrhea, stomach pain, vomiting and anemia
- Increase in liver enzymes but clinical jaundice is rare
- Allergic skin reactions like rashes, redness and hives
Precautions and Warnings of Dianorm 40mg Tab
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
No, this medicine is not advisable to use during pregnancy.
Can I take this medicine while breastfeeding?
This medicine should be avoided while breastfeeding as limited information is available. In case of usage, monitor your breastfed baby for signs of low sugar level such as irritability, sleepiness, poor feeding, fits, low body temperature.
Can I drive if I have taken the medicine?
The medicine can cause low blood sugar levels that may lead to drowsiness, unconsciousness, confusion, hence making it dangerous for you to drive. Consult your doctor before driving.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
Avoid consuming alcohol when taking this medication as it may result in intolerance that can result in flushing, giddiness, nausea and rapid heart rate, along with increasing the risk of low blood sugar level.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from liver problems, kidney issues, allergies to sulfa-containing medicines.
- You have low blood sugar- symptoms are extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sluggishness, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness and reaction time, confusion, shakiness, dizzinessread less
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure as this medication makes you more sensitive to sun, and wear sunscreen
Mode of Action of Dianorm 40mg Tab
How Does It Work?
In diabetes mellitus, your body can't produce insulin or doesn't use insulin properly. Therefore, the sugar cannot enter the cells and remains in the blood stream. Dianorm 40mg Tab dosage increases the amount of insulin produced by pancreas, thereby lowering your blood sugar levels.
Directions for Use of Dianorm 40mg Tab
- Take the tablet as a whole and swallow it with a glass of water
- Don’t chew the tablet
- Follow your doctor's advice for dosage
Interactions of Dianorm 40mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicine interfere with this medicine's mode of action, so inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines like sulfonamide antibiotics, blood thinners, anti-depressants, aspirin, rifampin, propranolol, rifampin, phenylbutazone, disopyramide, probenecid, clofibrate, water pills, steroids, oral contraceptives, cimetidineread less
- Any other medicines for diabetes
- Medications for fungal infections such as fluconazole
Interactions with food items
No known interaction with food.
Storage and disposal of Dianorm 40mg Tab
- Store the medicine at room temperature in its original package
- Avoid excess of heat and moisture
- Keep it out of children's sight and reach
Dosage of Dianorm 40mg Tab
Overdose can result in decrease of blood sugar and result in Dianorm 40mg Tab side effects like headache, sweating, shakiness, increased hunger, changes in vision, nervousness, tiredness, seizures and loss of consciousness. Contact your doctor immediately if you observe any of these symptoms.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. In case it is time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and take the next dose. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long should I take Dianorm 40mg Tab?
A: Generally, diabetes treatment is for lifetime. Check with your doctor before stopping the use of this medicine.
Q: Will this medicine lead to weight gain?
A: It may contribute to weight gain as it retains water and makes you hungrier.
Q: Can this medicine be used to treat Type I diabetes?
A: No, this medicine cannot be used to treat Type I diabetes where the body itself does not produce insulin.
Q: Can taking Dianorm 40mg Tab cause a serious allergic reaction?
A: Yes, symptoms include wheezing, trouble in breathing or talking, tightness in chest or throat, skin rash and swelling of mouth, face, lips, tongue or throat.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved