Depranex 10mg Tablet
Depranex 10 MG Description
Depranex 10 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of depression and generalised anxiety disorder. It is an antidepressant. Treatment of anxiety disorder, panic disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder
are other uses of Depranex Tablet. Depranex 10 mg Tablet helps balance various brain chemicals that influence mood and behaviour. This improves mood, reduces anxiety, improves sleep, increases energy levels, regulates mood swings, and reduces anxiety. It effectively manages agitation, weariness, attention problems, and irritation. As a result, the Depranex 10 tablet will facilitate daily activities, also increasing productivity. Depranex Tablet also aids in the treatment of sleep disorders. It reduces brain activity, promotes sleep, improves concentration, and overall quality of life. If taken in excess, Depranex can induce suicidal thoughts in teenagers, children, and young adults. It should only be taken if prescribed by a doctor. Confusion, depression, drowsiness, dizziness, fainting, and headache are among the side effects of Depranex 10 tablets. Depranex Tablet reaches its peak action within 2 to 3 hours after if taken orally, 15 to 60 minutes if taken as an intramuscular dose, and 2 to 3 minutes if taken as an intravenous dose. The excess of this medication is eliminated in the urine, and the effects continue for around 4 to 8 hours.
|You Save||₹13.64 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, Panic disorder, sleep disorder|
|Side effects||Confusion, depression, drowsiness, dizziness, fainting, headache|
Uses of Depranex 10 MG
- According to CDSCO Depranex 10 mg Tablet is used in,
- Treatment of the depressive disorder
- Treatment of the sleep disorders
- Treatment of symptoms associated with anxiety disorder
- Treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Treatment of symptoms associated with tiredness, irritation, and restlessness
- Treatment of symptoms associated with panic disorder
Contraindications of Depranex 10 MG
Side effects of Depranex 10 MG
- Delayed ejaculation
- Anorgasmia (decreased orgasm) in women
- Low sexual desire
Precautions and Warnings of Depranex 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are elderly or administering the medicine to bedridden patients, as there is a higher risk of side effects.
- You have abnormally high or low blood pressure.
- You have been diagnosed with personality disorders or organic brain syndrome.
- You experience mood swings or suicidal thoughts after taking Depranex.
- You conceive during the course of Depranex or are planning a pregnancy.
Mode of Action of Depranex 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Depranex 10 MG
- Follow your doctor's recommendations regarding Depranex 10 mg Tablet dosage.
- Carefully read all of the directions printed on the bottle.
- The dose and frequency of Depranex Tablet will be determined by your doctor.
- For optimal pharmacological effects, Depranex 10 mg Tablets should be taken at the same time each day.
- Take Depranex Tablet with a glass of water, and consume it as a whole.
Interactions of Depranex 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- If the patient has taken Depranex 10 MG Tablet during the previous 14 days, the cholera vaccine should be avoided.
- Antibiotics and Depranex together can increase the risk of irregular heartbeat.
- If oestrogen class medicines like ethinyl estradiol and Depranex are taken simultaneously, the expected effect of contraceptive pills will not be achieved.
- Antibiotics like amikacin and Depranex, when taken together, may have nausea or vomiting, increased or reduced urine, abrupt weight gain, and fluid retention. If you have kidney problems, this interaction is more likely....
- Furosemide belongs to a class of diuretics, interactions with Depranex cause nausea or vomiting, increased or reduced urine, abrupt weight gain, and fluid retention. This interaction is more likely to happen in the elderly who already have kidney disease. ...
- When broad-spectrum antibiotics like chloramphenicol and Depranex interact with each other, the anticipated effect will not be achieved.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid having grapefruit and grapefruit juice with Depranex 10 mg Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Depranex 10 MG
Dosage of Depranex 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will happen if I stop using Depranex 10 mg Tablet once I start feeling better?
Q: Does taking a Depranex 10 mg Tablet induce sleepiness?
- Yes. Depranex 10 mg Tablet causes drowsiness like other benzodiazepines, but it is used in the treatment of depressive disorders. It increases total sleep time.
Q: Are there any cautions to be aware of when using a Depranex 10 mg Tablet?
- Depranex 10 mg Tablet may cause suicidal thoughts or behaviours in certain patients during the first few months of medication. Patients with emotional or behavioural issues are more likely to have suicidal thoughts and behaviours. Any changes in your behaviour or mood should be reported to your doctor. Make sure you keep your scheduled follow-up appointments with your doctor....
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 2022 Feb 22]. Available from:
- Escitalopram. In: Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. National Library of Medicine; 2021
- Depranex 10 MG Tablet [Internet]. Practo.com. [cited 2022 Feb 22]. Available from:
- DailyMed. Choice (Middletown) [Internet]. 2015 [cited 2022 Feb 22];52(10):52-5368-52–5368. Available from:
- Escitalopram: Galactorrhoea: case report. React Wkly [Internet]. 2014 [cited 2022 Feb 22];1526(1):60–60. Available from:
- Medlineplus.gov. [cited 2022 Feb 22]. Available from: