Delpod 100mg Tablets
Delpod 100mg Tablets Description
Delpod 100mg Tab is used for the treatment of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, bronchitis and other infections of the skin, nose, throat, urinary tract, etc. It is an antibiotic medicine cont
ining cefpodoxime as its active ingredient. It works by killing the bacteria, improving your condition and curing the infection. Delpod 100mg Tab should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken with food to avoid stomach discomfort. Before using Delpod 100mg Tab , inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Doxcef Dt 100mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 124.95₹ 106.21₹ 10.62/Tablet
- Doxcef Dt 100 Tablet 10 No'sBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 124.95₹ 106.21₹ 10.62/Tablet
- Doxcef 100mg TabletsBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 112.45₹ 95.58₹ 9.56/Tablet
- Zedocef Dt 100mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 142.00₹ 117.86₹ 11.79/Tablet
- Swich Dt 100mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 151.00₹ 128.35₹ 12.84/Tablet
- Macpod Dt 100mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 142.00₹ 119.28₹ 11.93/Tablet
- Monocef O 100mg TabletBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 140.00₹ 116.20₹ 11.62/Tablet
- Monocef O Dt 100mg TabletBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 139.00₹ 118.15₹ 11.82/Tablet
- Zipod Dt 100mg TabletBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 121.00₹ 102.85₹ 10.29/Tablet
- Polypod Dt 100mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 142.00₹ 120.70₹ 12.07/Tablet
Uses of Delpod 100mg Tablets
- Delpod 100mg Tab is used to treat bacterial infections like respiratory tract infections (bronchitis, pneumonia), skin infections, ear infections, infection of the sinuses, throat Infections, infection of the tonsils....
- It is also used to treat infection of the urinary tract, gonorrhoea (a sexually transmitted disease in both male and female genital organs) and other infection of genital organs in male and female.
Contraindications of Delpod 100mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to Cefpodoxime or any other ingredients of Delpod 100mg Tab .
- If you have a history of a severe allergic reaction to Penicillin or other Beta-Lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Delpod 100mg Tablets
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Delpod 100mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You experience any severe allergic reactions after taking Delpod 100mg Tab .
- You have any problems with your kidney.
- You have a history of stomach and intestine disease.
- You develop watery and bloody diarrhoea.
- You have had an allergy to medicines called Cephalosporins or Penicillins.
- You are using any Beta-lactam antibacterial medicines.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition while on treatment.
Mode of Action of Delpod 100mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Delpod 100mg Tablets
Interactions of Delpod 100mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Delpod 100mg Tab works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Medicines used to treat acidity like Cimetidine, Ranitidine, medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid), medicines used to thin your blood (oral anticoagulants) should be used with caution along with Delpod 100mg Tab ....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Delpod 100mg Tablets
- Store Delpod 100mg Tab in a cool and dry place, protect it from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Delpod 100mg Tablets
- Symptoms of an overdose include stomach pain, diarrhoea, headache, nausea and vomiting.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Delpod 100mg Tab , contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Delpod 100mg Tab be taken for flu and running nose?
- No, you should not take Delpod 100mg Tab without consulting the doctor.
- This medicine is a higher antibiotic meant for severe infections and your doctor will prescribe you the same only if it is essential.
- This medication is not for viral infections and generally, flu occurs due to viruses.
Q: Can I stop taking Delpod 100mg Tab before the prescribed duration?
Q: What is Delpod 100mg Tab ?
- CEFOPROX Tablets/DT/Powder for Oral Suspension (Cefpodoxime proxetil) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Ba. Cefpodoxime Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Vantin Tablets and Oral Suspension cefpodoxime proxetil tablets and cefpodoxime proxetil for oral suspension, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Cefdox [Internet]. Aci-bd.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]