Decon Nasal Drops 5ml
Decon 0.1 % Description
Decon Nasal Drop are used to relieve blocked nose (nasal congestion) caused due to various infections and allergies. It contains xylometazoline as its active component. It reduces inflammation and co
ngestion by constricting the blood vessels in the nasal passages.Use it as directed by the doctor.
- Xyloflo Nasal Drops 10mlBy Lupin10ml Nasal Drop in BottleMRP 57.30₹ 50.42₹ 5.04/Ml
Uses of Decon 0.1 %
Contraindications of Decon 0.1 %
- If you are allergic to xylometazoline, other decongestants or any other ingredients of Decon Nasal Drop
- If you have glaucoma
- If you have any problems with your nose
- If you recently had a brain surgery
- If you have an enlarged prostate gland (in men)
- If you are suffering from a rare tumour called phaeochromocytoma
- If you are taking (or have stopped taking it in the last 2 weeks) certain medicines to treat your psychiatric illness (MAOIs)
- This medicine should not be used in children below 12 years of age
Side effects of Decon 0.1 %
- Discomfort, irritation or dryness in the nose
Precautions and Warnings of Decon 0.1 %
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your heart or are suffering from a circulatory disorder
- You have diabetes or an overactive thyroid gland
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition
- Do not use this medicine for a longer duration than that recommended by the doctor.
Mode of Action of Decon 0.1 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Decon 0.1 %
- Use Decon Nasal Drop as instructed by your doctor
- Follow all the directions carefully and do not miss any doses.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
- Shake the bottle well before use
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
- In sitting posture, tilt your head back as far as possible or in lying down posture, the head can be tilted backwards or comfortably arched over the edge of the bed.
- With the bottle inverted over the affected nostril, allow sufficient time for the recommended drops to fall and spread inside the nose.
- Repeat the same steps while applying to the other nostril. Do not forget to replace the cap tightly after each use.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a napkin or tissue.
Interactions of Decon 0.1 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way this medicine works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines such as monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors to treat your psychiatric illnesses
Storage and disposal of Decon 0.1 %
- Store at room temperature.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets
Dosage of Decon 0.1 %
- Symptoms of overdose may include irritation and itching in the nasal area and reappearance of the congestion of the nasal airway region.
- If you think you have administered a higher dose of Decon Nasal Drop contact your doctor or nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Decon Nasal Drop a nasal decongestant?
Q: What is the use of Decon Nasal Drop?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Otrivine Adult Nasal Drops - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Otrivine Adult Nasal Drops - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]