Cyclomine Tablet Description
Cyclomine tablet is a pain-relieving medicine. It contains a combination of two medicines - paracetamol and dicyclomine. Cyclomine tablet is used for relieving spasmodic pain associated with stones i
n the kidney or gallbladder, pain in the stomach during or before menses, and blockage or obstruction in the intestine. This medicine should not be used in children below the age of 12 years. Avoid taking this medicine if you are allergic to it, have any liver disease, ulcers, or heart-related problems. This medicine should be used as per the medical prescription and for the duration, it is prescribed. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history including all the medicines you are currently taking.
|You Save||₹4.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Dicycloverine / Dicyclomine(20.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Pain and spasms|
|Side effects||Nausea, headache, dizziness, vomiting|
- Colimex TabletBy Wallace Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 36.00₹ 30.60₹ 3.06/Tablet
Uses of Cyclomine Tablet
Contraindications of Cyclomine Tablet
- If you are allergic to paracetamol, dicyclomine, or any other ingredients of Cyclomine tablet.
- If you are taking any other medicine that contains paracetamol or dicyclomine.
- If you have urinary tract disorder, stomach, or intestinal ulcers.
- If you have any heart-related problems or bleeding disorders.
- If you have urinary tract disorder, obstruction in the urethra or ureter.
- If you have an eye disorder called glaucoma.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you have a muscle-related disorder called myasthenia gravis.
Side effects of Cyclomine Tablet
Precautions and Warnings of Cyclomine Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have any heart diseases or high blood pressure.
- You have muscle weakness or glaucoma.
- You have problems with your intestines, liver or kidney.
- You have a fever.
- You have a prostate disorder or enlarged prostate gland.
- You have indigestion or heartburn due to a hiatus hernia.
- You are allergic to aspirin or other NSAIDs used to treat pain.
- You are taking other medicines containing paracetamol.
- You are elderly.
Mode of Action of Cyclomine Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Cyclomine tablet acts via the combined action of paracetamol and dicyclomine.
- Paracetamol works by inhibiting the production of prostaglandins by blocking an enzyme responsible for prostaglandin synthesis. Prostaglandin is an inflammatory substance that is responsible for pain, swelling, and inflammation....
- Dicyclomine is an antispasmodic agent that acts on smooth muscles of the uterus, urethra, intestine, and bile duct and helps in relieving pain. It relaxes the muscles and improves the cramps and spasms....
Directions for Use of Cyclomine Tablet
- Take Cyclomine tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time, and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume more than the recommended daily dose.
- Do not crush, chew or break the tablet.
Interactions of Cyclomine Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cyclomine tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Concurrent use of Cyclomine tablet is not recommended along with medicines to treat glaucoma like timolol, bimatoprost, latanoprost, and medicine to reduce cholesterol like cholestyramine.
- Concurrent use of this medicine along with blood thinners like warfarin and antivitamin K can increase the risk of bleeding.
- You may experience increased side effects along with medicines to treat irregular heartbeats like quinidine, anti-allergy medicines like phenothiazines, and pain relief medicines like meperidine.
- Other medicines like metoclopramide, domperidone, chloramphenicol, loperamide, neostigmine, digoxin, certain antacids should be used cautiously with Cyclomine tablet.
Storage and disposal of Cyclomine Tablet
- Store Cyclomine tablet below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Cyclomine Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Cyclomine tablet on my own?
Q: Can I take Cyclomine tablet for stomach pain?
Q: Can Cyclomine tablet be taken empty stomach?
Q: Can Cyclomine tablet be taken for food poisoning?
Q: Can Cyclomine tablet be taken for period pain?
Q: Can Cyclomine tablet be used for headache and toothache?
Q: Can I take pantoprazole or esomeprazole with Cyclomine tablet?
Q: What is Cyclomine tablet used for?
Q: Is Cyclomine tablet a painkiller?
- Paracetamol Tablets 500mg (POM)- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 Apr 2022]
- Paracetamol Tablets 500mg (POM)- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 Apr 2022]
- Dicycloverine 10mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 Apr 2022]
- Dicycloverine 10mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 Apr 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 19 Apr 2022]