Contramal Sr 100mg Tab
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Contramal SR 100mg Tab is a prescription medication primarily used in adults for the treatment of moderate to moderately severe pain. It contains tramadol as its active ingredient that relieves pain due to arthritis, headache or lower back pain, etc. Contramal SR Tab belongs to the opioid group of medications. Pain is an uncomfortable sensation caused due to certain receptors in the body that can be triggered due to an injury or disease. Contramal SR Tablets can relieve general or localised pain and act as an analgesic. It is considered a safe medication when taken in the prescribed dosage. Contramal SR Tab is a sustained release formulation. This means that the active ingredient in the tablet is slowly released over a period of time. Because of this, the effects of Contramal SR last for longer, and the tablet does not have to be taken as often as the regular formulation. Contramal SR Tab is generally given under the supervision of a healthcare provider and should not be self-administered. The dosage and frequency of Contramal SR will be decided by the doctor depending on your symptoms and the severity of your condition....
|You Save||₹41.67 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Treatment of severe pain|
|Side effects||Nausea, constipation, dizziness, sleepiness, dry mouth, confusion, vomiting.|
|Classification||ANALGESIC FOR SEVERE PAIN|
Check more medicines with composition as Tramadol(100.0 Mg)
Uses of Contramal 100 MG
- Contramal SR 100mg Tab is used for,
- Managing of moderate to moderately severe pain in adults
Contraindications of Contramal 100 MG
- If you are hypersensitive or allergic to opioids and tramadol or other ingredients in Contramal SR 100mg Tab
- If you have been diagnosed with a medical condition that causes seizures
- If you have a head injury
- If you have a history of dependency on painkillers, alcohol, or recreational substances
- If you have breathing difficulties or any respiratory illness, consult with your doctor before taking the medication
- If you have a history of liver or kidney problems
- Contramal SR 100mg Tab must not be used in children below 17 years of age
Side effects of Contramal 100 MG
- Nausea and vomiting
- Breathing difficulties
- Sleepiness or fatigue
- Dry Mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Contramal 100 MG
Can I take Contramal SR 100mg Tab during pregnancy?
Contramal SR is unsafe during pregnancy. It is a category C medication. Inform your doctor about your pregnancy or intention to conceive at the time of prescription of Contramal SR.
Can I take Contramal SR 100mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Contramal SR is unsafe during breastfeeding. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding at the time of prescription of Contramal SR.
Can I drive if I have taken Contramal SR Tab?
Contramal SR can cause drowsiness, dizziness and sleepiness. It is not advisable to drive or operate any other heavy machinery when using this medication.
Can I consume alcohol with the Contramal SR Tab?
Mixing alcohol with this Contramal SR can have severe effects on the brain, causing respiratory depression, coma and even death. It is strongly contraindicated.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have breathing issues such as asthma or a history of respiratory disorder. In such cases, Contramal Sr Tab should be used with extreme caution as it can worsen associated symptoms.
- You have a history of convulsions. Contramal SR toxicity has been associated with an increased risk of seizures.
- You are taking any prescription medications. This tablet interacts with many other medications that use the same metabolic enzymes.
- You have any liver or kidney issues.
- You have a history of substance use/misuse.
- You conceive during the course of Contramal SR Tab or are planning a pregnancy.
Mode of Action of Contramal 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Contramal SR Tablet contains tramadol, an opioid painkiller. It acts in the central nervous system and inhibits the transmission of pain signals from nerves in the brain to the rest of the body. It also has an action resembling that of endorphins (chemical substances in the brain and spinal cord that elevate the mood). Additionally, it improves the effect of other chemical messengers in the brain like noradrenaline and serotonin that relieve pain....
Directions for Use of Contramal 100 MG
- Swallow Contramal SR Tablet as a whole. Do not crush, chew, or break it.
- Contramal SR Tab is intended for temporary relief of symptoms only. If your complaints persist or worsen, seek a doctor’s opinion.
- Contramal SR Tab has abuse and misuse potential. It should be used as recommended only.
- Do not mix this medication with alcohol.
- Driving and use of heavy machinery are not advised while using Contramal SR Tab.
- Inform your doctor regarding other medications you may be taking in order to review and prevent any drug interaction associated effects.
- Do not abruptly discontinue the medicine without consulting your doctor, as it may cause withdrawal symptoms.
Interactions of Contramal 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Use of monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) with Contramal SR Tab or use within the last 14 days of taking this medicine is contraindicated. Examples of MAOIs include selegiline, rasagiline.
- Contramal SR Tab can cause serotonin syndrome when used with other medicines that increase the level of serotonin in the brain. This condition is potentially life-threatening. Serotonergic medicines include antidepressants like sertraline, escitalopram, fluoxetine, etc....
- Contramal SR should not be used with other medications that are known to decrease seizure threshold.
- Using Contramal SR with medications like warfarin that prevent clotting of blood due to increased risk of bleeding.
- Tramadol should not be mixed with benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants, including alcohol, as it may result in respiratory depression, profound sedation, coma, and death.
- You must inform your doctor about the medications that you are taking in order to prevent unwanted interactions.
Interactions with food items
- Contramal SR Tab does not have any specific interaction with any food.
Storage and disposal of Contramal 100 MG
Store Contramal SR at room temperature in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight. Keep Contramal SR away from the reach of children and pets in a locked cabinet. Store the medicine in its original packaging. Disposal- Do not flush Contramal SR Tablets into the toilet or drain, or throw in the dustbin, unless instructed to do so. If disposed of in this manner, the medicine may pollute the environment. Dispose of expired or unused medicines as biomedical waste. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company....
Dosage of Contramal 100 MG
Overdose of Contramal SR Tablet can cause severe respiratory depression, coma, flaccidity of muscles, cold, clammy skin, fall in heart rate and blood pressure, and even death. It can also cause severe liver and kidney dysfunction. If you suspect an overdose of Contramal SR Tab, rush the patient immediately to a hospital for emergency medical intervention....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of Contramal SR Tab, check the information given on the medicine leaflet or ask your doctor about the same. Take a dose of Contramal SR as and when you remember missing a dose. If it is time for the next Contramal SR dose, take the scheduled dose and skip the missed one. Do not take an extra dose of Contramal SR to compensate for the missed dosage, as it could lead to an overdose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: My elderly father has severe pain following an injury. Can Contramal SR 100mg Tab be used to manage his pain?
A: Contramal SR should be used very cautiously in elderly patients (above75 years), especially if there is any underlying liver or kidney impairment. Consult your treating doctor for their assessment and recommendation of painkillers. Do not use this medication without the express guidance of a doctor.
Q: Can I use a Contramal SR Tablet with other painkillers?
A: In case your pain has not subsided after using Contramal SR Tab, please consult your doctor to understand the cause of persistent pain. Do not take any medications on your own.
Q: My doctor prescribed Contramal SR Tab for a back injury. However, I forgot to tell him that I am taking antidepressants. Can I still take the tablet?
A: Certain antidepressants cannot be taken with Contramal SR Tab as they increase the risk of getting a seizure. Consult your doctor with the specific name of the tablet you are taking to understand whether Contramal SR can be taken at the same time to avoid adverse drug interactions. Always inform your doctor about any ongoing medications.
- Keating GM. Tramadol sustained-release capsules. Drugs [Internet]. 2006;66(2):223–30. Available from:
- Fda.gov. [cited 2022 Feb 24]. Available from:
- Dhesi M, Maldonado KA, Maani CV. Tramadol. [Updated 2021 May 25]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from:
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.