Colinol Spas Tablet
Colinol Spas Tablet Description
Colinol Spas Tablet is an anti-spasmodic medicine used for the treatment of spasms and pain in the abdomen during or before menses. It is a combination medicine containing dicyclomine and mefenamic a
cid as its active ingredients. This tablet should not be used for more than 7 days if the pain persists consult your doctor. It preferably should be taken with food or after food. Colinol Spas Tablets should not be given to children below 12 years of age.
|You Save||₹5.40 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Mefenamic Acid(250.0 Mg) + Dicycloverine / Dicyclomine(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Muscle cramps, stomach cramps, period pains, etc.|
|Side effects||Dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, headache|
- Mecyclof Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 40.00₹ 38.00₹ 3.8/Tablet
- Mefezy D Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 27.00₹ 25.6516.01% CHEAPER₹ 2.57/Tablet
- Meftal Spas TabletBy Blue Cross Laboratories Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 50.00₹ 42.50₹ 4.25/Tablet
- Mefkind Spas Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 45.00₹ 38.25₹ 3.83/Tablet
- Coliza TabletBy Dwd Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 40.00₹ 34.00₹ 3.40/Tablet
Uses of Colinol Spas Tablet
Contraindications of Colinol Spas Tablet
- If you are allergic to mefenamic acid, dicyclomine or any other ingredients of the Colinol Spas Tablet.
- If you have inflammatory bowel disease, bleeding in your stomach and intestines or obstruction in the intestine.
- If you have severe liver, kidney or heart function problems.
- If you have experienced an asthmatic attack due to painkillers.
- If you have a problem in passing urine or obstruction or blockage in the bladder and kidney.
- If you a condition of weakness in muscles (Myasthenia gravis).
- If you have an eye condition of increased eye pressure (Glaucoma).
- This Tablet should not be used in the last trimester of pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- It should not be used for managing pain before, during and after coronary bypass surgery.
Side effects of Colinol Spas Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Colinol Spas Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from respiratory disorders like asthma and lung and throat-related disorders.
- You may experience fluid retention and high blood pressure. It should be used cautiously in patients with existing conditions.
- You are suffering from autoimmune disease in which the body's immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissue of the body.
- You experience diarrhoea, skin reactions or raised body temperature after taking this Tablet.
- You have existing liver and kidney function problems or bleeding disorders of the stomach or intestine.
- You are suffering from fits, epilepsy and seizures.
- You have a prostate-related disorder, ulcerative colitis (inflammatory bowel disease) and megacolon (abnormal dilation of the colon).
- Women can experience infertility with the use of this medicine and women who are trying to conceive should also avoid this medicine.
- You experience some brain-related disorders like confusion, hallucinations, tiredness or aggression.
- There is a risk of heart-related disorder, heart failure and stroke after prolonged use of this medicine. It should be used cautiously in patients with the risk of heart disorder.
- Colinol Spas Tablet should not be used in infants or children below 6 months of age.
Mode of Action of Colinol Spas Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Mefenamic acid works by blocking the action of an enzyme responsible for the production of prostaglandins responsible for the pain, swelling and inflammation.
- Dicyclomine acts on smooth muscles of bile duct, uterus, intestine and aids in relieving pain.
Directions for Use of Colinol Spas Tablet
- Colinol Spas Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or after food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Colinol Spas Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to thin blood such as Warfarin should be used with caution as there are chances of increased bleeding upon longterm use.
- Anti-platelet medicines such as Aspirin or Clopidogrel, steroids and painkillers when taken along can induce stomach or intestinal bleeding.
- Antidiabetic medicine if taken along with this Tablet lead to low blood glucose.
- Colinol Spas Tablet should not be taken for 8 to 12 days after taking a medicine called Mifepristone.
- Digoxin used to treat heart failure should not be taken along with this Tablet.
- Medicines used to lower blood pressure such as water pills, Captopril, Enalapril, immunomodulator medicines such as Tacrolimus, Ciclosporin and certain antibiotics should be used cautiously.
- Medicines such as Methotrexate and Lithium if taken along with this Tablet can lead to toxicity of these medicines.
- Medicines used to treat a bacterial infection like Tobramycin, Gentamicin, Chloramphenicol, Zidovudine and medicines to treat glaucoma should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Colinol Spas Tablet
- Store Colinol Spas Tablet below 25°C
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines
- Discard unused medicine properly, do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain
Dosage of Colinol Spas Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can we take Colinol Spas Tablet in an empty stomach?
Q: What does Colinol Spas Tablet contain?
Q: When should you not take Colinol Spas?
Q: How long can we take Colinol Spas?
Q: Does Colinol Spas have any side effects?
- Bentyl Tablet [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Ponstan Capsules 250mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Meftal Spas DS Tablet [Internet]. Bluecrosslabs.com. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]