Cita S 10mg Tab
By CRESCENT FORMULATIONS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cita S Tablet is a prescription medication meant to treat major depressive disorder (clinical depression) and panic disorder with or without agoraphobia (fear of crowded or open places). Managing mood disorder symptoms caused by various triggers such as psychological stress and trauma are the main uses of Cita S tablets. Clinical depression and panic disorders are mood disorders. They affect how one feels. These conditions can interfere with regular activities and reduce the quality of life. This tablet has Escitalopram as its main ingredient. It is an antidepressant medicine. The mode of action of Cita S tablets is by increasing a chemical substance in the brain, responsible for elevating the mood, improving energy, and reducing nervousness. Cita S tablets help stabilise mood by reducing the excess activity of nerves in the brain. This medicine produces a calming effect and sedation. Directions for use of Cita S tablets should be strictly followed. The dose and effectiveness of this medicine should be carefully monitored, especially in older adults with liver and kidney issues. This medicine can cause physical dependency if used for a long time. It is vital to inform the doctor of the user’s complete medical history and current treatments, as many medicines interact with Cita S tablets. Side effects of Cita S pills include drowsiness, tiredness, nausea, and diarrhoea are common....
|You Save||₹13.99 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Anxiety, Major depressive disorder, Panic disorder|
|Side effects||Nausea, Memory problems, Depression, Weight gain, Loss of appetite, Changes in sexual functioning|
Check more medicines with composition as Citalopram(10.0 Mg)
Uses of Cita S 10 MG
- As per CDSCO, the Cita S tablet is used for the treatment of:
- Symptoms associated with major depressive disorders (persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest in life)
- Panic disorder (type of a mood disorder), with or without agoraphobia (fear of open and crowded places)
- Anxiety disorder
Contraindications of Cita S 10 MG
- Do not take Cita S tablets or use caution:
- If you have an allergic reaction to any of the components of the Cita S tablet.
- If you have a history of alcohol or substance abuse, mental health disorder, depression, etc.
- If you are pregnant, planning for a pregnancy, or currently nursing.
- If you are already using certain anti-anxiety medicines or sedatives; these can interfere with Cita S tablets and cause adverse reactions.
- If you need to drive; it can cause slow reflexes, impairing your driving ability.
- If you have acute angle glaucoma (an eye condition with increased fluid pressure).
- If you have liver disease.
- If you have a seizure disorder and are on antiepileptic (anti-seizure) medication.
Side effects of Cita S 10 MG
- Side effects of Cita S tablets include:
- Stomach issues
- Slow heart rate
- Memory problems
- Uncoordinated movements
Precautions and Warnings of Cita S 10 MG
Can I take Cita S tablets during pregnancy?
No. Cita S tablets are not safe to use during pregnancy. A few studies have shown a definite risk to the foetus causing low birth weight, preterm delivery, poor muscle tone, difficulty breathing, etc. It may be prescribed in an emergency condition but do not take Cita S tablets without consulting a doctor.
Can I take Cita S tablets while breastfeeding?
Consult a doctor before taking Cita S tablets if you are a nursing mother. Data suggests that Cita S tablets can harm breastfed babies. A few studies indicate that the medicine may pass into breast milk and have unwanted effects on the baby.
Is it ok to drive if I have taken a Cita S tablet?
No. Cita S tablets can cause adverse effects like drowsiness, lightheadedness, and blurred vision affecting your ability to drive or operate heavy machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Cita S tablets?
No. Avoid consuming alcohol with Cita S tablets. It can interfere with the effectiveness of this medicine and cause unwanted side effects like drowsiness, vomiting, etc. The combination also exaggerates the effects of alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience persistent side effects.
- You are an older adult over 65; this medicine can cause increased side effects due to slow metabolism in this age group.
- You are a child under 18; there are not enough studies on this medicine’s safety in children.
- You have respiratory disease.
- You need to do a task that requires concentration; this medicine can affect focus and cause drowsiness.
- You use Ayurvedic or herbal medicines and vitamins or supplements; some of them can interact with Cita S tablets.
Mode of Action of Cita S 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Cita S tablets contain Escitalopram. This medicine belongs to the class of Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs), a type of antidepressant medication. It raises serotonin levels in the nervous system by blocking its reuptake by nerve fibres. Serotonin is a hormone or a chemical messenger responsible for stabilising the mood, improving behaviour, and inducing happy thoughts. It can also help various functions like sleeping, eating, and digestion....
Directions for Use of Cita S 10 MG
- Take Cita S tablets in the exact dosage and at the same time every day.
- Do not increase the dosage, even if you cannot notice any effects.
- Take the Cita S tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
- Try not to break or chew Cita S tablets.
- Take Cita S tablets before or after meals.
- Please do not use it along with other medicines without informing your doctor.
- Do not abruptly stop taking Cita S tablets; this can lead to adverse withdrawal effects.
Interactions of Cita S 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Using other antidepressants, anti-anxiety and mood disorder medications such as linezolid, moclobemide, selegiline, etc., with Cita S tablets can increase serotonin levels and cause severe reactions.
- Using medication that causes drowsiness (like antihistamines, cold and cough medicines, opiates/narcotic pain relievers, and muscle relaxants) with Cita S tablets can cause extreme drowsiness.
- Antiepileptic medicines for seizure disorders can interfere with and exaggerate the side effects of Cita S tablets.
- Using other antidepressants like sertraline and fluoxetine with Cita S tablets can cause severe reactions like vomiting, dizziness, etc.
- Using Cita S tablets in persons with bleeding issues or those who take aspirin and blood thinners such as warfarin can raise the risk of abnormal bleeding.
Interactions with food items
- Try to avoid grapefruit and its juice, as this fruit can worsen the side effects of Cita S tablets.
- It’s better to avoid products with caffeine, as well as chocolates and desserts. Excess caffeine can increase serotonin levels and cause serotonin toxicity with severe side effects.
Storage and disposal of Cita S 10 MG
Store Cita S tablets in dry conditions at room temperature, away from wet surfaces, direct sunlight, and humidity. Dispose of the packaging carefully after use. Check the expiration date before taking the tablets. Do not use Cita S tablets if they are past expiration. Keep away from children and pets....
Dosage of Cita S 10 MG
Cita S tablet overdose can lead to symptoms like dizziness, tremors, agitation, convulsion, nausea, vomiting, sodium and potassium electrolyte imbalance, sleep disturbances, confusion, hypotension, increased heart rate, diminished reflexes, and loss of consciousness. If you overdose on Cita S tablets and experience these symptoms, immediately seek emergency medical treatment....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a single dose of the Cita S tablet, try to take it as soon as you remember. If you recall the missed dose when it is almost time for the next one, skip the missed dose of the Cita S tablet and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take both of them together; this can lead to adverse reactions....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Cita S tablets on a long-term basis?
A: You should use Cita S strictly for the duration recommended by the doctor. Cita S tablet is a prescription medicine, and its dose and duration should be carefully monitored. This medicine can cause many side effects in the long term, such as increased suicidal thoughts.
Q: Can Cita S tablets cause erectile dysfunction?
A: Cita S tablet can have the undesirable side effect of lowering sexual desire (libido) in men and women. It can also cause erectile dysfunction in men. Talk to your doctor if you experience any changes in your sex drive.
Q: Will I gain weight while using Cita S tablets?
A: Cita S tablets can cause changes in the appetite, resulting in either weight gain or loss. Try to have healthy food and do physical exercise regularly to prevent any weight changes.
- Landy K. Escitalopram [Internet]. StatPearls [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine. 2021 [cited 17 Mar 2022]
- NEw Drugs Approved by CDSCO [Internet]. cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 17 Mar 2022] -
- Escitalopram: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine [cited 17 Mar 2022] -
- Escitalopram [Internet]. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2021 [cited 2022 Mar 17]. Available from:
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.