Ciplox D Eye Oint
By CIPLA LIMITED
5g Eye Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ciplox D eye ointment is used to treat inflammation and swelling in the eyes after surgery or operation and to prevent bacterial infection of the eyes. It contains a combination of two medicines, Dexamethasone (steroid) and Ciprofloxacin (antibiotic). This medicine should be used in the correct dose and for the exact duration prescribed by your doctor. Complete the course given by your doctor. If you find any discomforts after using this medicine or there is no improvement in your condition after using this medicine, then immediately inform your doctor.
Uses of Ciplox D Eye Oint
Ciplox D eye ointment is used to treat inflammation and swelling in eyes after surgery or operation and to prevent bacterial infection of eyes.
Contraindications of Ciplox D Eye Oint
- If you are allergic to ciprofloxacin, dexamethasone or any other component of the medication
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to similar ointments like Norfloxacin and other Quinolones
- If you are suffering from an eye infection which affects your cornea and caused by Herpes simplex virus
- If you are suffering from a fungal or viral or mycobacterial infection of the eye
Side effects of Ciplox D Eye Oint
- Redness and watery eyes
- Blurred vision
- Visual disturbances
- Dryness in eye
- Eye pain
- Sensation of foreign particles
- Swelling in eye
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Consult your doctor if you experience allergic reaction like redness, swelling, pain on application of the ointment
Precautions and Warnings of Ciplox D Eye Oint
Can I use Ciplox D eye ointment during pregnancy?
Components of this ointment are known to be unsafe during pregnancy. Hence, this ointment should be avoided during pregnancy until clearly needed.
Can I use Ciplox D eye ointment while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available on the safety of this ointment in lactating women. Perhaps the steroid present in this ointment can get systemically absorbed and cause a potential risk to the foetus. Therefore, a decision to whether to discontinue the breastfeeding or the ointment should be taken by a doctor after accessing the potential benefits over risk.
Can I drive if I have applied Ciplox D eye ointment?
This ointment may affect your vision and ability to see objects properly. Avoid driving immediately after applying this ointment.
Can I consume alcohol with Ciplox D eye ointment?
No information is available on interactions of this ointment when taken with alcohol. However, it is advised to refrain from excessive consumption of alcohol as it may delay recovery after a surgery or from an infection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to ciprofloxacin and /or dexamethasone
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You are experiencing tension in your eye or glaucoma
- You are expected to take this ointment for a longer duration
- You are experiencing visual disturbances, blurred vision and other eye-related problems (cataract)
- You experience any other infection while you are using this ointment
- You have developed a fungal infection of cornea upon prolonged use
- the steroid present in this ointment can mask the symptoms of other infections
- You are elderly, and taking medicines to treat pain and inflammation (corticoseroids). you have a higher risk of getting tendon problems during treatment with Ciplox d Ointment
- Eye pressure should be monitored every 10 days
- Do not wear contact lenses if there are signs and symptoms of bacterial conjunctivitis
Mode of Action of Ciplox D Eye Oint
How Does It Work?
- Ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic. It works by inhibiting the certain enzyme in the bacterial cell responsible for replication, growth and repair of bacteria, thus inhibits bacterial growth
- Dexamethasone is a steroid. It works by suppressing the inflammatory response by blocking the action of inflammatory mediators. It helps in reducing the swelling and inflammation
Directions for Use of Ciplox D Eye Oint
- Apply this ointment as advised by your doctor
- Use it within one month after opening the tube
- Do not use longer than you have been told
- Wash your hands before and after applying this ointment
- Do not touch the tip to any surface as this may contaminate the ointment
Interactions of Ciplox D Eye Oint
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other drugs. However, as this ointment contains Ciprofloxacin & Dexamethasone, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combinationread less
- This ointment is meant for application in the eye and thus it is less likely to interact with any medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are prescribed any other topical medicine
- Though there are very rare chances of its systemic absorption from eye application yet, you should be cautious if you are taking Cyclosporin, Theophylline, caffeine and oral anticoagulants like Warfarinread less
Storage and disposal of Ciplox D Eye Oint
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Do not keep outdated ointment or ointment no longer needed
- The medicine should not be disposed of via waste water or household waste
Dosage of Ciplox D Eye Oint
- If you think you have applied too much of this ointment, wipe out the extra quantity with cotton and tissue
- If you feel any undesirable symptoms due to over-application, contact your doctor
Missed a Dose
If you missed applying this ointment, apply it as soon as you remember. If its time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not overapply this ointment to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Ciplox D in viral infections?
A: The eye ointment contains an antibiotic - Ciprofloxacin which acts on bacteria. It is not active against viruses. Hence, it should be avoided in viral infections. Also, it contains a steroid which needs to be avoided in viral infections.
Q: What should I do in case there is burning, redness or watering of eyes?
A: Stop the use of this ointment, wash your eyes with water and remove the ointment applied by cotton and reach a nearby hospital or contact your doctor for further evaluation and management.
Q: What does Ciplox D Eye Ointment contain?
A: Ciplox D eye ointment contains ciprofloxacin an antibiotic and dexamethasone a steroid which suppresses the inflammatory response.
Q: What are the uses of Ciplox D eye ointment?
A: Ciplox D eye ointment is used for the treatment of the postoperative inflammatory condition of eyes.
Q: What are the side effects of Ciplox D ointment?
- The common side effects are white particle deposition at the corner of eyes, burning, irritation and watery eyes. Other common side effects are blurred vision, sensitivity to light, eye discharge, swelling in the eye, redness of eyelids, etc.read less
Q: Should I keep Ciplox d ointment in the refrigerator?
- No, this ointment should be stored at room temperature and not froze.
Q: Can I used Ciplox d ointment for my baby?
- As there is limited data available about the safety of this medicine in children, it is advised that you consult your child's paediatrician before use. Avoid self-medication as it may be dangerous
Last Updated on: 14 Apr 2021 | 10:06 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved