Ciplox D Eye Oint
Ciplox D eye ointment is used to treat inflammation and swelling in the eyes after surgery or operation and to prevent bacterial infection of the eyes. It is a combination medicine containing dexamethasone and ciprofloxacin.
Dexamethasone belongs to a group of medicine called steroids, whereas ciprofloxacin belongs to the antibiotics class of medicines. Before using Ciplox D eye ointment, please discuss with your doctor if you have any other eye conditions.
This medicine should be used in the correct dose and for the exact duration prescribed by your doctor. Complete the course given by your doctor. If you find any discomforts after using this medicine or there is no improvement in your condition after using this medicine, then immediately inform your doctor.
|You Save||₹3.62 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Dexamethasone(0.01 %) + Ciprofloxacin(0.3 %)|
|Side effects||Redness and watery eyes, blurred vision, visual disturbances|
|Therapy||OCCULAR ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Uses of CIPLOX D EYE OINT
Contraindications of CIPLOX D EYE OINT
- If you are allergic to ciprofloxacin, dexamethasone or any other component of Ciplox D eye ointment
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to similar ointments like Norfloxacin and other Quinolones
- If you are suffering from an eye infection which affects your cornea and caused by Herpes simplex virus
- If you are suffering from a fungal or viral or mycobacterial infection of the eye
Side effects of CIPLOX D EYE OINT
- Redness and watery eyes
- Blurred vision
- Visual disturbances
- Dryness in eye
- Eye pain
- A sensation of foreign particles
- Swelling in eye
- Increased sensitivity to light
Precautions and Warnings of CIPLOX D EYE OINT
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to ciprofloxacin and /or dexamethasone
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You are experiencing tension in your eye or glaucoma
- You are expected to take this ointment for a longer duration
- You are experiencing visual disturbances, blurred vision and other eye-related problems (cataracts)
- You experience any other infection while you are using Ciplox D eye ointment
- You have developed a fungal infection of the cornea upon prolonged use
- the steroid present in this ointment can mask the symptoms of other infections
- You are elderly, and taking medicines to treat pain and inflammation (corticosteroids). you have a higher risk of getting tendon problems during treatment with Ciplox d Ointment
- Eye pressure should be monitored every 10 days
- Do not wear contact lenses if there are signs and symptoms of bacterial conjunctivitis
Directions for Use of CIPLOX D EYE OINT
- Apply Ciplox D eye ointment as advised by your doctor
- Use it within one month after opening the tube
- Do not use longer than you have been told
- Wash your hands before and after applying this ointment
- Do not touch the tip to any surface as this may contaminate the ointment
Storage and disposal of CIPLOX D EYE OINT
- Keep Ciplox D eye ointment out of the reach of children and pets
- Do not keep outdated ointment or ointment no longer needed
- The medicine should not be disposed of via waste water or household waste
Quick Tips of CIPLOX D EYE OINT
- Ciplox D eye ointment is used to treat inflammation and swelling in the eyes after surgery or operation and to prevent bacterial infection of the eyes.
- If you think you have applied too much Ciplox D eye ointment, use cotton and tissue to remove the excess. If you forget to apply Ciplox D eye ointment, don't overdo it.
- Please consult your doctor if you have any other eye conditions before using Ciplox D eye ointment.
- This medication should be taken as long as the doctor has prescribed it to you. The doctor normally adjusts the dose and duration of this medicine depending on the medical condition.
- If you experience any discomfort after using this medication or if your condition does not improve, contact your doctor right away.
- If you have bacterial conjunctivitis, you should avoid wearing contact lenses. To avoid contamination, avoid touching the tip to any surface.
Dosage of CIPLOX D EYE OINT
- If you think you have applied too much of Ciplox D eye ointment, wipe out the extra quantity with cotton and tissue
- If you feel any undesirable symptoms due to over-application, contact your doctor
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of CIPLOX D EYE OINT
How Does It Work?
- Ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic. It works by inhibiting the certain enzyme in the bacterial cell responsible for replication, growth and repair of bacteria, thus inhibits bacterial growth
- Dexamethasone is a steroid. It works by suppressing the inflammatory response by blocking the action of inflammatory mediators. It helps in reducing the swelling and inflammation
Interactions of CIPLOX D EYE OINT
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Ciplox D eye ointment with other medicines. However, as this ointment contains Ciprofloxacin & Dexamethasone, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination...
- Ciplox D eye ointment is meant for application in the eye and thus it is less likely to interact with any medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are prescribed any other topical medicine
- Though there are very rare chances of its systemic absorption from eye application yet, you should be cautious if you are taking Cyclosporin, Theophylline, caffeine and oral anticoagulants like Warfarin...