Cetiviz L Tablets
Cetiviz L Tablets Description
Cetiviz L Tab is an antiallergic medicine used in allergic conditions such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria, insect bite and hives. It contains levocetirizine as its activ
e medicine. Allergic symptoms appear due to the production of a chemical in the body, namely histamine. Cetiviz L Tab works by blocking the actions of histamine. Do not use it if you are allergic to levocetirizine. Avoid driving and handling any machinery, as this medicine makes you less alert.
Uses of Cetiviz L Tablets
- Cetiviz L Tab is used to treat allergic symptoms such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria, insect bite and hives.
- It is also used to relieve symptoms of allergy due to dust and pet allergies.
Contraindications of Cetiviz L Tablets
- If you are allergic to levocetirizine or any other ingredients of Cetiviz L Tab .
- If you have any liver disease.
Side effects of Cetiviz L Tablets
- Dry mouth
- Somnolence (excessive sleepiness)
- Increased heart rate
- Altered sense of taste
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Cetiviz L Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney problems or urinary retention problems, your doctor may suggest lowering the dose of this medicine.
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy).
- You may experience certain skin reactions like swelling, itching and redness immediately after you stop taking this medicine.
- You are going to take an allergic skin test, as it may interfere with the diagnosis.
Mode of Action of Cetiviz L Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cetiviz L Tablets
- Take Cetiviz L Tab as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Interactions of Cetiviz L Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cetiviz L Tab works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medications that may interact with Cetiviz L Tab are theophylline (used to treat symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and ritonavir (used to treat HIV).
Storage and disposal of Cetiviz L Tablets
- Store Cetiviz L Tab at room temperature and away from excessive heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Cetiviz L Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does it take for Cetiviz L Tab to work?
Q: Does Cetiviz L Tab make you tired and drowsy?
Q: How long should I continue taking Cetiviz L Tab ?
Q: Can I take Cetiviz L Tab along with paracetamol?
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
- Levocetirizine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 20 April 2021]