Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab
By BMW PHARMACO INDIA PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab is an anti-allergic medication and is used to treat symptoms associated with allergies such as itching, sneezing, watery eyes, running nose, rashes, and pale red bumps. It contains cetirizine as its active ingredient. Take as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Side effects of the medicine are drowsiness, headache, weakness, and dry mouth. Most of them are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact the doctor immediately. Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab should be used with caution in children and it is recommended to consult the doctor before using the medicine in pregnant and lactating women.
Uses of Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab
Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab is used to treat allergies associated with airways (allergic rhinitis) and Skin (urticaria).
Contraindications of Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab
- If you are allergic to cetirizine, Hydroxyzine or Piperazine derivatives or other ingredients of Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab .
- If you have severe kidney disease.
Side effects of Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab
- Dry mouth
- Sore throat
Precautions and Warnings of Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab
Can I take Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab during pregnancy?
Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab should be avoided by pregnant women, as there is limited information available on the safety of the medicine in pregnant women. Hence, avoid it in pregnancy unless considered prescribed by a doctor.
Can I take Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab passes into breastmilk. Therefore, it is advised not to take the medicine while breastfeeding unless the doctor has prescribed.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab ?
Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab is known to cause sleepiness. Hence, driving or operating machine should be avoided.
Can I consume alcohol with Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab ?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption along with Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab , as it may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a kidney problem or urinary retention problem as you may need a lower dose of the medicine, consult the doctor.
- You are giving the children as they may require a small dose of the medicine.
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy).
- You should take an allergic skin test, as it may interfere with the diagnosis.
- You may experience certain skin reactions like swelling, itching, and redness immediately after you stop taking Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab .
Mode of Action of Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Histamine is a substance produced in the body in case of allergies and responsible for itching, runny nose, sneezing, and watery eyes. Cetirizine in Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab works by blocking the Histamine and hence decreases the symptoms associated with allergies.
Directions for Use of Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab
Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab should be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow entirely with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It will be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines may affect the way Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab works, or the medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals the child is currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat anxiety and psychotic disorders such as Diazepam, Clonazepam, and Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab may aggravate the side effects such as drowsiness, headache, and influence the alertness of an individual.Read less
- It is important to inform the doctor regarding the medications and herbal supplements used before taking the medicine. It is also important to discuss specific allergies or underlying conditions experienced before using the medicine.Read less
Storage and disposal of Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab
- Store Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab
Symptoms of overdose are tiredness, headache, confusion, dizziness, discomfort, skin irritation, restlessness, drowsiness, rapid heartbeat, tremor, urinary retention. If you experience symptoms or think you have taken too much of Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab , contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed the dose of Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab , take it as soon as you remember.
- If time next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions I need to take while I am taking Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab ?
- Yes, Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab is known to cause sleepiness or drowsiness. Hence, avoid driving and operating machinery after taking the medicine.
- If you develop any rash, breathing difficulty or itching immediately after taking the medicine, it may be a severe side effect, immediately seek medical help.
Q: Can I take Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab in pregnancy?
A: Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab should be avoided in pregnancy. Take it only if prescribed by the docter in pregnancy.
Q: Can we take Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab for allergy?
A: Yes, Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab is used in allergic conditions. However, avoid self-medication. Only if prescribed by the doctor, you may take it.
Q: Can I take Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab for cough and cold?
A: No, do not take Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab for cough or cold on own. Cough or cold may be due to various reasons like allergy, infections, etc. Cetirizine may help in cough or cold if it is allergic in origin.
Q: Does Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab make us drowsy?
A: Yes, Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab may make you drowsy, sleepy, and dizzy. Avoid driving or operate machinery after taking Cetzine.
Q: Is it okay to use Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab while I am breastfeeding?
A: Cetcare Dt 10mg Tab passes into breastmilk and may cause drowsiness in your breastfed baby. Hence, do not take this if you are breastfeeding.
- Cetirizine 10 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2021]
- Cetirizine 10 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2021]
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride Tablets, USP – Product Monograph [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 6 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cetirizine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 May 2021]
Last Updated on: 04 Jun 2021 | 04:39 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved