Bupivan 0.25% Injection 20ml
Bupivan 0.25 % Description
Bupivan Injection is an anesthetic medicine that is used to numb (anaesthetise) parts of the body and provide pain relief. It contains bupivacaine hydrochloride, as its active ingredient that belongs
to the group of medicines called anaesthetics. It can be used to numb parts of the body during surgery in adults and children above 12 years. And relieve pain in adults, infants and children above 1 year of age. Bupivan Injection is given in a healthcare setup under the supervision of a registered medical practitioner. The dose and duration of the treatment will be decided by the doctor after a careful assessment of your condition. Tell the doctor about the complete medical history before initiating the treatment.
|You Save||₹0.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Drop in blood pressure, nausea, vomiting|
Uses of Bupivan 0.25 %
- To produce numbness at the site of injection.
- It is injected around a nerve to block the nerve and relieve pain
- It is injected around the spinal cord to prevent or relieve labour pain or ceasarian section or post-operative pain.
Contraindications of Bupivan 0.25 %
- If you are allergic to bupicavaine or any other local anaesthetic or any other ingredient of Bupivan Injection.
- If you have any kind of skin infection with pus.
- If you have poor blood circulation to the heart, low blood pressure, weak pulse, sweating or confusion.
- If you have any blood clotting-related disorder or you are taking any anti-coagulants.
- If you are suffering from any kind of infection, spinal or brain tumour.
- If you have bleeding inside the head.
- If you have increased pressure within the brain.
Side effects of Bupivan 0.25 %
- Low blood pressure
- High blood pressure
- Slow heart beat
- Difficulty in passing urine
Precautions and Warnings of Bupivan 0.25 %
Other General Warnings
- You have any kind of underlying medical condition such as liver or kidney problem, poor blood circulation to the brain, tumour in the womb or ovary, fluid accumulation around the lungs etc.
- You have any kind of heart condition that affects your heart rate.
- You have low blood pressure.
- You experience shortness of breath due to a tumour in your stomach.
- You are elderly.
- You are pregnant.
- You have a history of high blood pressure or excess fluid in the womb during pregnancy.
- You have excess fat in your body.
- You experience symptoms like sweating, confusion, dizziness due to dehydration or sever blood loss.
Mode of Action of Bupivan 0.25 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Bupivan 0.25 %
- Bupivan Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Follow the aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Bupivan 0.25 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Bupivan Injection works or Bupivan itself reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Inform the doctor about medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interactions....
- In particular, if you are taking medications for controlling heart rhythm like amiodarone or any other medicine with local anaesthetic effect, anticoagulant medicine like aspirin, anti-hypertensive medicines like atenolol etc....
Storage and disposal of Bupivan 0.25 %
- Do not store Bupivan Injection above 25°C.
- Do not freeze. Keep it away from children.
- Discard the solution if not clear.
Dosage of Bupivan 0.25 %
Missed a Dose
B. Pharm, M. Pharm
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)