Brexic 20mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Brexic 20 MG Description
Brexic Tablet is pain-relieving medicine (pain killer). It is used for the treatment of pain and inflammation associated with various conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, joint an
d muscle pain. This medicine also helps provide temporary relief from post-operative pain and period pain. Brexic contains piroxicam as its active component. Piroxicam acts by inhibiting the release of the natural chemical substances responsible for the sensation of pain and inflammation. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. However, it is recommended to take it with food to avoid stomach upset. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Brexic Tablet.
Uses of Brexic 20 MG
- Brexic Tablet is used to provide relief from pain and inflammation associated with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, muscle pain and joints.
- It is also used to provide relief from post-operative pain and period cramps.
Contraindications of Brexic 20 MG
- If you are allergic to piroxicam or any ingredients present in Brexic Tablet.
- If you have a history of any problem related to the stomach and intestine.
- If you have active stomach and intestinal bleeding or inflammation.
- If you are taking blood thinners or painkiller medicines.
- If you have any known history of symptoms like asthma, nasal problems or hives, etc., after taking NSAID's medicine like aspirin.
- If you are pregnant especially, in the third trimester of pregnancy.
- If you have heart severe heart problems.
Side effects of Brexic 20 MG
- Decreased blood count
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Brexic 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of stomach or intestinal bleeding, perforations or ulcers.
- You experience stomach or intestinal bleeding after taking this medicine.
- You are an elderly person.
- You have any medical condition such as heart, liver or kidney disease.
- You have or had experienced any allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
- You are planning a pregnancy or you are pregnant.
- You have a planned surgery.
Mode of Action of Brexic 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Brexic 20 MG
Interactions of Brexic 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Brexic Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you take medicines like aspirin or other NSAID's, blood thinner medicines, corticosteroids, digoxin for heart conditions, medicines for psychiatric problems, immunomodulatory medicines, medicines to treat high blood pressure, antibiotics, heart failure medicines....
Storage and disposal of Brexic 20 MG
- Store this medicine in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Brexic 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can children use Brexic Tablet?
Q: Is Brexic an antibiotic?
Q: What is Brexic Tablet used for?
Q: What is the composition of Brexic?
- Feldene Melt 20mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Drugs H. Piroxicam: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Feldene Melt 20mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]
- FELDENE® capsule [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]