Blumox Xl Cap
By BLUE CROSS LABORATORIES PRIVATE LIMITED
6 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Blumox Xl Capsule is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections of the lungs, urinary tract, reproductive tract, stomach-intestine, soft tissues, joints and teeth. It is a combination medicine containing amoxicillin and clavulanic acid as its active ingredients. Amoxicillin and clavulanic acid in this medicine work synergistically to produce an optimal effect by killing or inhibiting the growth of the bacteria and inactivating the enzymes released by the bacteria. Sudden stopping of this medicine may result in treatment failure and other consequences, thus you should always complete the course of the treatment....
Uses of Blumox Xl Cap
Blumox Xl Capsule is used to treat infections caused by bacteria, like sinus infections, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections, bone and joint infections.
Contraindications of Blumox Xl Cap
If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Blumox Xl Capsule. If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotics like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem. If you have a history of liver disease or jaundice....
Side effects of Blumox Xl Cap
- Skin and nail infection
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Blumox Xl Cap
Can I take Blumox Xl Capsule during pregnancy?
The effect of the Blumox Xl Capsule on the unborn baby is not studied. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, your doctor will tell you on the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits and its need.
Can I take Blumox Xl Capsule while breastfeeding?
The components of the Blumox Xl Capsule pass into breastmilk & are known to cause fungal infection of the mouth and diarrhoea in your baby. Thus, it is recommended not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Blumox Xl Capsule?
You may experience dizziness or convulsions (fits) after taking this medicine. Be cautious while driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Blumox Xl Capsule?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine with alcohol, but you should avoid taking alcohol in excessive amounts.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You are an elderly patient.
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You experience fits after taking this medicine.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You have diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with this medicine.
- You have difficulty in passing urine.
Mode of Action of Blumox Xl Cap
How Does It Work?
Blumox Xl Capsule acts by inhibiting the protein synthesis and cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which ultimately leads to the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Blumox Xl Cap
Take this medicine as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Blumox Xl Cap
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Blumox Xl Capsule works or this Capsule itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- Increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol. There is a need to check blood tests like PT-INR.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate (used in the treatment of cancer).
Storage and disposal of Blumox Xl Cap
- Store this medicine at room temperature and keep it away from heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Blumox Xl Cap
Taking Blumox Xl Capsule in high doses may result in serious kidney damage and fits. Symptoms of an overdose include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhoea, drowsiness and fluid retention. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will Blumox Xl Capsule treat Urinary tract infection (UTI)?
A: Yes, Blumox Xl Capsule will help in treating Urinary tract infection (UTI) caused due to various bacterial organisms.
Q: Is Blumox Xl Capsule an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Blumox Xl Capsule is an antibiotic used to kill and stop the growth of infection-causing bacteria.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.