Biolite Cream 15gm
By BIOSCIENCES PHARMAKON
15g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Biolite Cream is a combination medicine used in the treatment and prevention of moderate-to-severe melasma (dark and discoloured patches on the skin) to lighten the skin tone or appearance and senile lentigines (dark spots or age spots in older people due to exposure to the sun). It contains mometasone, tretinoin and hydroquinone. Avoid sun exposure immediately after applying for this medicine. Use this medicine exactly as instructed by the doctor....
|You Save||₹22.32 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Hydroquinone(2.0 %),Tretinoin(0.025 %),Mometasone Furoate(0.1 %)|
|Side effects||Itching, redness, burning, irritation, thinning of the skin|
|Classification||DRUGS FOR MELASMA|
Check more medicines with composition as Hydroquinone(2.0 %) + Tretinoin(0.025 %) + Mometasone Furoate(0.1 %)
Uses of Biolite Cream 15gm
Biolite Cream is used to treat moderate-to-severe melasma (dark and discoloured patches on the skin). It is used to lighten the skin tone or appearance, especially when there is dark pigmentation.
Contraindications of Biolite Cream 15gm
- If you are allergic to mometasone, tretinoin and hydroquinone or any other ingredients of Biolite Cream.
- If you have skin conditions such as eczema (infected skin due to allergy), rosacea (small red pustules on face), rashes around the mouth (perioral dermatitis) or damaged skin anywhere in the body.
- If you have a viral or fungal infection of the skin, any ulcers on the skin or tuberculosis.
- If you need exposure to the sun for prolonged periods (using sunscreen lotion is advisable).
- If you have a skin tumour or a family history of skin tumour.
Side effects of Biolite Cream 15gm
- Itching, redness, burning, irritation and thinning of the skin.
- Skin sensitivity at the site of application.
Precautions and Warnings of Biolite Cream 15gm
Can I apply Biolite Cream during pregnancy?
Since there is limited safety data available, Biolite Cream should only be used if recommended by the doctor. In case it is prescribed to you, avoid using it in larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I apply Biolite Cream while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if the components of Biolite Cream pass in breast milk and there are no establishments of its safety in breastfeeding women. Thus, it is not recommended to use if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have applied Biolite Cream?
Biolite Cream is a topical preparation and may not affect your driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Biolite Cream?
It is unknown if components of Biolite Cream interact with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergic reactions after the application of topical Creams.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You think rashes or infections have developed on the skin after using this medicine.
- A prolonged application may lead to side effects such as Cushing's syndrome (weight gain, fatty deposits under the skin, moon face, purple patches on the skin), increased sugar levels in the blood and urine....
- Avoid exposure to sun rays as it may be harmful after applying this Cream.
Mode of Action of Biolite Cream 15gm
How Does It Work?
- Biolite Cream contains a combination of Mometasone, Tretinoin and Hydroquinone as active ingredients and works by the combined action of these three components.
- Hydroquinone inhibits an enzyme known as tyrosinase, which is responsible for the production of a pigment called melanin. Melanin is responsible for skin pigmentation and melasma.
- Tretinoin is a metabolite of vitamin A. It is responsible for the elimination of melanin that has been formed. It also has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Mometasone is a corticosteroid and it works by blocking the production of inflammatory chemicals like prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Mometasone narrows and constricts blood vessels, which are dilated (widened) and leaky and allowing other inflammatory cells into the skin to promote the inflammatory response....
Directions for Use of Biolite Cream 15gm
- Use Biolite Cream as directed by your doctor.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface. Avoid applying on cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- If your eyes come in contact with this Cream, then rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Biolite Cream 15gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Biolite Cream is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid interaction with the Biolite Cream.
Storage and disposal of Biolite Cream 15gm
- Store Biolite Cream in the original container in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not freeze.
Dosage of Biolite Cream 15gm
As Biolite Cream is for external application only, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have overapplied it, then wipe out the excess medicine with tissue or cotton. Excessive use for a prolonged duration is not advisable as it can lead to hormonal issues....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed the application of Biolite Cream, then apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this Cream to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How should I use Biolite Cream?
- Apply it gently as a thin film and rub or massage it thoroughly after applying until the Cream absorbs into the skin.
- Exposure to the sun should be avoided and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen to prevent the sun's radiation from reaching your skin.
- Do not use this Cream more than as advised by the doctor. This Cream should not be used for a prolonged duration to avoid side effects such as skin thinning, irritation, etc.
Q: What are the precautions to be taken while applying Biolite Cream?
- Do not apply anywhere near the eyes, nose, mouth or any infected or exposed surfaces.
- Do not occlude (applying a polythene film) after applying this Cream or use it under bandages.
- Limit sun exposure and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen while going out in the sun to avoid damage to the skin by radiations.
- You should cover the areas of skin where this medicine is applied when outdoors.
Q: What is melasma?
A: Melasma is a skin condition characterised by dark spots or pigmentation (excessive production of melanin) on the skin. It appears as greyish brown to brown patches on the face. It usually occurs on the face, involving cheeks, forehead, lower eyelids, uppers lip and nose.
Q: What are the causes of melasma?
A: The exact cause of melasma is not known. Pregnancy, birth control pills, hormonal changes, exposure to sunlight (UV rays), hypothyroidism or a family history of melasma are believed to be some common triggers for melasma.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- Drugs H. Tretinoin Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- Mometasone-based triple combination therapy in melasma: is it really safe. [Internet]. [cited 28 July 2021]
- Drugs H. Mometasone Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- Hydroquinone Topical: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.