Axepta 18mg Tablet
Axepta 18 MG Description
Axepta Tablets is generally used to treat the symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. It is diagnosed in children and is usually characterised by difficulty in focusing or concentrating
on tasks like homework and difficulty in controlling their actions and remaining quieter than other children of the same age. Axepta Tablets contain atomoxetine as their chief ingredient. Atomoxetine works by affecting the chemicals in the brain. It mainly increases the level of a chemical called norepinephrine which plays a vital role in controlling the behaviour. Axepta Tablets should strictly be taken only after being prescribed by a doctor. Its dose may vary from person to person. Hence, consult your doctor regularly from time to time. In some patients, intake of Axepta Tablets may lead to suicidal tendencies in adults or children. The caregiver should keep an eye on the patient's behaviour and habits, and any change in any of these should be directly reported to the concerned doctor immediately. Before taking this medication, make sure to give a brief history of any medical conditions or any medications you are taking before. It’s essential to regularly monitor the blood pressure and heartbeat while having the course of Axepta Tablets as they may increase.
|You Save||₹11.92 (8% on MRP)|
|Uses||Treatment of symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, constipation, dizziness, weight gain.|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER|
Uses of Axepta 18 MG
- Treatment of symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Contraindications of Axepta 18 MG
- Heart patients
- Liver disease patients
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women
Side effects of Axepta 18 MG
- Most common side effects of Axepta Tablets include the following-
- Weight loss
Precautions and Warnings of Axepta 18 MG
Other General Warnings
- You're planning to get pregnant.
- You have any medical conditions of the liver.
- You plan to stop the medication.
- Your side effects worsen.
- You have glaucoma(an eye disease).
- You have suicidal thoughts.
- You have a medical condition of kidney.
- You have a history of high blood pressure.
- You have medical history of getting depressive episodes.
Mode of Action of Axepta 18 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Axepta 18 MG
- Axpeta tablets can be taken with a glass of water, with or without food.
- The tablet should be swallowed as a whole and should not be crushed or chewed.
- Avoid using the tablet in case its packet is broken or the seal is not intact.
- Don't let anyone else take your medication.
Interactions of Axepta 18 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Abiraterone-metabolism of Axepta Tablets decreases when combined with it.
- Alclofenac-risk of increase of blood pressure increases when combined with Axepta Tablets.
- Amitriptyline- decreases metabolism of Axepta Tablets.
- Benzphetamine-increases risk of high blood pressure.
- Bromocriptine-increases risk of high blood pressure.
Interactions with food items
- Any adverse interactions of Axepta Tablets with any food are not known yet.
Storage and disposal of Axepta 18 MG
Dosage of Axepta 18 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long do Axepta Tablets take to start working?
Q: I am diagnosed with fatty liver. Should I use Axepta Tablets?
Q: Is axepta habit-forming or addictive?
- Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022. CDSCO. [online] Available at: <https://cdscoonline.gov.in/CDSCO/Drugs> [Accessed 16 February 2022].
- Ninds.nih.gov. 2022. Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder Information Page | National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. [online] Available at: <https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/All-Disorders/Attention-Deficit-Hyperactivity-Disorder-Information-Page> [Accessed 16 February 2022].
- Drugs, H., 2022. Atomoxetine: MedlinePlus Drug Information. [online] Medlineplus.gov. Available at: <https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a603013.html> [Accessed 16 February 2022].